1238 users online (216 members and 1022 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 999
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,929

    IL - Nicholas Steward, 33, Lake Villa, 20 Sep 2013 - #2

    Police looking for a missing Lake Villa man

    Read more: http://wgntv.com/2013/09/22/police-l...#ixzz2feYpuLq7


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,929
    Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

    Victim Friendly

    Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.


    Social Networks

    Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

    Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

    MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

    Thanks,

    Cat
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 10:47 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    640
    Has anyone thought about how would you disappear if you planned to leave? Maybe going through this exercise could uncover something not thought of yet. I was daydreaming about this on my drive in to work this morning.

    First thought is you'd need a lot of money if you planned to be gone for a long time or forever. Gas, food, hotels, eventually renting a home or apartment, etc., the expenses add up. His bank accounts should be checked and balanced against his income to see if he was rat holing any money away. Unless someone who has money is hiding him out.

    What would you do with your car? You can't drive it around for very long or you might be recognized. I would consider buying a used car out of state, however you couldn't use your real name and credentials or you might be traced. So you'd have to have false identification ahead of time which takes money, time, and planning. Or you get out of town, dump the car, and take public transportation like a plane or bus or train.

    You'd have to leave everything behind that could trace you. No cell phone, no checking email, or online activity on social networks etc. Hard to do is this day and age.

    Wouldn't you have overwhelming guilt? The pain you must be putting on your wife, your parents? How could you walk away from your infant son? Your own flesh and blood? I could see leaving the wife, but not the son and parents. I would never put my family through the pain. I would eventually let them know I'm safe and to leave me alone at the least.

    You couldn't contact any of your previous friends and family. Basically starting completely over, erasing your entire past. Again, difficult to do.

    I'm almost coming around full circle to an accident, nah, I still think he left on his own.

    What else?

  4. #4
    Going along the map a few posts back, that is where I would look too.

    If he'd gone off road and was injured/died his car might be hidden. It happens, and there are a lot of lakes and wooded areas.

    Recently in the general area, an elderly man from Arlington Heights went off the road in his car in an area passd by hundreds (maybe thousands) of people and he was not found for a month.

    What about divers in the lakes near the roads, that has to happen soon though, only about a month of good weather left.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

    "LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    5,318
    What Nick married before? What is known of his past prior to Megan?

    Along his route home, are there high crime neighborhoods?

    Are there any other cameras along the toll road, exits, etc?
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    What Nick married before? What is known of his past prior to Megan?

    Along his route home, are there high crime neighborhoods?

    Are there any other cameras along the toll road, exits, etc?
    His route home is generally safe. Some safer than others but I would feel comfortable in most of the suburbs he travels through. There are some sketchy areas not far from his home but I've never had a problem anywhere in the North/Northwest Suburbs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    20,201
    Quote Originally Posted by trenchmouth View Post
    His route home is generally safe. Some safer than others but I would feel comfortable in most of the suburbs he travels through. There are some sketchy areas not far from his home but I've never had a problem anywhere in the North/Northwest Suburbs.
    How long should it take him to get home?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    370
    The facebook page states that his finances/credit report, etc were looked into and nothing.
    The only area that has some sketchier/gang activity parts that he could have drove through..depending on his route after exiting at Grand is Round Lake....but Rollins Rd which is the main road through Round Lake is very heavily traveled.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,782
    Quote Originally Posted by trenchmouth View Post
    Has anyone thought about how would you disappear if you planned to leave? Maybe going through this exercise could uncover something not thought of yet. I was daydreaming about this on my drive in to work this morning.

    First thought is you'd need a lot of money if you planned to be gone for a long time or forever. Gas, food, hotels, eventually renting a home or apartment, etc., the expenses add up. His bank accounts should be checked and balanced against his income to see if he was rat holing any money away. Unless someone who has money is hiding him out.

    What would you do with your car? You can't drive it around for very long or you might be recognized. I would consider buying a used car out of state, however you couldn't use your real name and credentials or you might be traced. So you'd have to have false identification ahead of time which takes money, time, and planning. Or you get out of town, dump the car, and take public transportation like a plane or bus or train.

    You'd have to leave everything behind that could trace you. No cell phone, no checking email, or online activity on social networks etc. Hard to do is this day and age.

    Wouldn't you have overwhelming guilt? The pain you must be putting on your wife, your parents? How could you walk away from your infant son? Your own flesh and blood? I could see leaving the wife, but not the son and parents. I would never put my family through the pain. I would eventually let them know I'm safe and to leave me alone at the least.

    You couldn't contact any of your previous friends and family. Basically starting completely over, erasing your entire past. Again, difficult to do.

    I'm almost coming around full circle to an accident, nah, I still think he left on his own.

    What else?
    All valid questions, although people do it all the time.
    Looking at the alarming number of murder-suncides of families in recent years, I wish anyone feeling so distraught would just up and leave.
    But I do wish they would leave a note.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    640
    Just google "how to vanish, or disappear" there are things out there that explain the steps, and how to go about it. I googled around some days ago, because I was thinking along the same lines as you..how does one just leave their life? What I found basically went over the very things that you described.

    I find it hard to think he would just leave, you have to ask yourself, "what would make me want to walk away from my life". What would push you to that desperation?
    OR
    What would have to take place for me to not care about what happens to my spouce and or child any longer? That is a lot to consider. I am still not sold on the voluntary leaving thing unless new info would surface to support it. The only thing we had for a few hours was the depression/suicidal thing that has now been removed.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    How long should it take him to get home?
    I'd guess about an hour depending on traffic.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by trenchmouth View Post
    Has anyone thought about how would you disappear if you planned to leave? Maybe going through this exercise could uncover something not thought of yet. I was daydreaming about this on my drive in to work this morning.

    First thought is you'd need a lot of money if you planned to be gone for a long time or forever. Gas, food, hotels, eventually renting a home or apartment, etc., the expenses add up. His bank accounts should be checked and balanced against his income to see if he was rat holing any money away. Unless someone who has money is hiding him out.

    What would you do with your car? You can't drive it around for very long or you might be recognized. I would consider buying a used car out of state, however you couldn't use your real name and credentials or you might be traced. So you'd have to have false identification ahead of time which takes money, time, and planning. Or you get out of town, dump the car, and take public transportation like a plane or bus or train.

    You'd have to leave everything behind that could trace you. No cell phone, no checking email, or online activity on social networks etc. Hard to do is this day and age.

    Wouldn't you have overwhelming guilt? The pain you must be putting on your wife, your parents? How could you walk away from your infant son? Your own flesh and blood? I could see leaving the wife, but not the son and parents. I would never put my family through the pain. I would eventually let them know I'm safe and to leave me alone at the least.

    You couldn't contact any of your previous friends and family. Basically starting completely over, erasing your entire past. Again, difficult to do.

    I'm almost coming around full circle to an accident, nah, I still think he left on his own.

    What else?
    We think alike because I thought about most of your points but where we differ is I feel like it's an accident or suicide. I don't believe someone can be THAT thorough. I don't believe that someone can have every "i" dotted and "t" crossed to be able to disappear the way that Nick seemingly has.

    I have a real hard time believing that if what we see/read is true, if he's really that close to his parents and had a normal job, the happy marriage, beautiful son, that he could just walk away without an ounce of guilt. ESPECIALLY if he's able to see the kind of search going on for him, the FaceBook page, THIS site...can someone really be that sick? And if so, than there's part of your answer...mental health issues.

    I so badly want this to be one, giant goofy story with a happy, relief-filled ending. But each day that ticks by, I'm leaning more towards suicide or an accident someone just hasn't found yet. I think about his family every day and my heart and thoughts are with them constantly.
    Last edited by bethie76; 10-02-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: added a word or two I forgot

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by KDub View Post
    I'd guess about an hour depending on traffic.
    Interesting, if you map it in Google it suggest taking I290/53 to 12 to 59 instead of the I294 route. It would take him all of an hour and probably more in rush hour.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,468
    I could never leave in my car bc it has a LoJack and the car would be found. Maybe he thought like many of us did that the onstage would somehow find him. I still think he may have switched cars with someone. I would make my normal calls, like he did and have people be able to track me at a spot far from where I am...example the Touhy toll plaza. Every toll collected with an ipass takes a picture. They should know the car and try to see if it was him.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by bethie76 View Post
    .

    I so badly want this to be one, giant goofy story with a happy, relief-filled ending. But each day that ticks by, I'm leaning more towards suicide or an accident someone just hasn't found yet. I think about his family every day and my heart and thoughts are with them constantly.
    I am with you here. I even considered that maybe he was the anonymous 400 million $ lottery winner that came forward anonymously.., that lottery was drawn on Sept.18th., but according to reports that anonymous person is a native of SC. Would be a better story for sure! I know that is one thing that would force me into hiding at least for awhile!
    Last edited by JezyUn; 10-02-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: corrected a date

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased IL - Seth Goodwin, 24, Lake Villa, 28 March 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2016, 11:44 AM
  2. Found Deceased IL - Nicholas Steward, 33, Lake Villa, 20 Sep 2013 - #3
    By CatFancier in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 182
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 01:33 PM
  3. Found Deceased IL - Nicholas Steward, 33, Lake Villa, 20 Sep 2013 - #1
    By CatFancier in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1009
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 06:00 PM