NY NY - Missing woman, East Greenbush, 1938

WOW! That's crazy, must have been the owner of the house at one point. If so, obviously the husband did it. Gives me hope that some of our other old cases here will be solved one day.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Is-discovery-of-human-remains-a-murder-mystery-4863503.php

Police are examining whether the bones could be those of a woman who disappeared from the home in 1938 — and whose husband mysteriously returned to his native Germany after she vanished.

Those clues were discovered in town historical records. Police say they were left behind by a ninth-grade student who once wrote a report suggesting that the FBI once investigated the woman's disappearance and the man's subsequent departure to Germany, then under the firm control of Adolf Hitler's Nazi regime. He was identified only as William or Wilhelm. When asked if they suspect the man murdered his wife, police said they do not know if they can ever classify the case as a homicide because only a few bones were found.

<snip>

"There is some kind of report that this person is missing," Breig told reporters. "Getting that report is going to take (going through) archives to do, and unfortunately we're not at that point yet."

I wonder if it would be quicker to look thru the old deed books to trace who owned the property then. Once they had a possible name they could find out if that person had any history after 1938. I know that there is a chance that who owned the property did not actually live there....

Good find. I wonder though what did happen to the woman who went missing in the 1930's.

I wonder if it would be quicker to look thru the old deed books to trace who owned the property then. Once they had a possible name they could find out if that person had any history after 1938. I know that there is a chance that who owned the property did not actually live there....
"Based on some info that we had from documents that were found in the home that there was a person who lived here that disappeared in 1938," said Brag.
One document? A book report written by a ninth grader who neighbor Eric Lahti says his sister used to play with.
http://capitalregion.ynn.com/content/news/698892/human-remains-found-in-east-greenbush/?ap=1&MP4
According to the young girl's term paper, the property owner in the late 1930's was a man named William Karl Elleke, who had to go back to Germany during the second World War, WNYT reported. His wife, according to the report, stayed here because of rumors the FBI was looking for her.

New York State Police Investigator Eric Cullum says he's already reached out to the FBI, hoping the original missing person file from 1938 still exists

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back