770 users online (76 members and 694 guests)  

Websleuths News

GA - Two boys, 10, charged with sexual assault

Authorities in LaGrange have charged two 10-year-boys with sexually assaulting a 7-year-old girl.

LaGrange police Sgt. Roger Pointer said the boys are charged with kidnapping and aggravated sodomy.

The girl told them to leave her alone and she continued walking toward the playground. He said the boys then grabbed her, took her in some bushes and sexually assaulted her.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...20assault.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Authorities in LaGrange have charged two 10-year-boys with sexually assaulting a 7-year-old girl.

LaGrange police Sgt. Roger Pointer said the boys are charged with kidnapping and aggravated sodomy.

The girl told them to leave her alone and she continued walking toward the playground. He said the boys then grabbed her, took her in some bushes and sexually assaulted her.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...20assault.html
    This makes me want SICK!!!!
    Poor little girl!!!

Offenders seem to be getting younger and younger.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

yes

They sure do!!!

I KNOW most of you will disagree with this but I seriously think that television is to blame for so much of this kind of stuff! I haven't watched it for the last twenty years. When I am home and the TV is on, I find myself being very offended even by the commercials. When the TV is on, I feel like there are strangers in my house teaching my kids how to cuss, have sex, murder, etc.. Not only are most kids watching this with their parents, but often, alone. Quite frankly, I am not sure which is worse anyway. My husband claims watching with the girls allows him to explain but I feel like it gives it his stamp of approval. At least I can say that my girls KNOW I have never approved of such behavior and certainly have never allowed it to intrude into my own home. (I turn it off when I'm here) And having the TV on is inviting these people into your home. So many kids go home to an empty house and the first thing they do is turn on the television. Look at their entertainment. How can expect them NOT to absorb the conduct they use as entertainment? It makes me sad, too, because televison has the potential to be used for so much GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheromom
    I KNOW most of you will disagree with this but I seriously think that television is to blame for so much of this kind of stuff! I haven't watched it for the last twenty years. When I am home and the TV is on, I find myself being very offended even by the commercials. When the TV is on, I feel like there are strangers in my house teaching my kids how to cuss, have sex, murder, etc.. Not only are most kids watching this with their parents, but often, alone. Quite frankly, I am not sure which is worse anyway. My husband claims watching with the girls allows him to explain but I feel like it gives it his stamp of approval. At least I can say that my girls KNOW I have never approved of such behavior and certainly have never allowed it to intrude into my own home. (I turn it off when I'm here) And having the TV on is inviting these people into your home. So many kids go home to an empty house and the first thing they do is turn on the television. Look at their entertainment. How can expect them NOT to absorb the conduct they use as entertainment? It makes me sad, too, because televison has the potential to be used for so much GOOD!

A similair thing happend to me as a child..
    Not quiet molested but close and humiliated.
    Back then no charges would have been filed it was just "kids picking on each other"
    So my father went over to the parents house and broke the kids fathers nose.
    I was never harrassed again...

Back in the day when a little fight didn't create charges either I guess.

Both boys have been charged with kidnapping and aggravated sodomy. They are investigating how these boys became aware of this type of sexual behavior.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...1lagrange.html

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Both boys have been charged with kidnapping and aggravated sodomy. They are investigating how these boys became aware of this type of sexual behavior.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...1lagrange.html
    These crimes are disgusting. I saw this early this am on ajc.com. But, friends, I have got to tell you it has been going on for a long time. TV didn't invent these crimes.It is what I call generational crimes where most is ignored or certainly not acknowledged. This behavior does pass from generation to generation with full denial. Sort of like some mental illnesses.

We need to recognize the Couey's, Nichols, McCoy (Ohio sniper),Hackings and so many others. Only when this behavior is at the forefront will we be able to arm ourselves. We need to be able to send out trust to young people experiencing difficulties and help them on a new path and change the perspective or we are facing new generations of further abusive people.