NY NY - Edison Arias, 23, Lake George, 22 Jun 1993

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Searching for Edison Arias, who vanished in June 1993:

http://poststar.com/news/local/diving-into-the-past/article_c2907a02-2ba2-11e3-b885-001a4bcf887a.html

The small yellow submarine will undoubtedly draw some looks as it makes its way around the lake, searching for Arias, a 23-year-old Queens man who was presumed drowned after having trouble while swimming in 78-foot-deep water off Fish Point in Bolton.

Divers have conducted numerous searches since he disappeared, but no sign off Arias has been found.

Mark Trezza, who co-owns the submarine with his cousin David Trezza through an entity they have dubbed “Marine Exploration Group,” said an investigator with American Response for the Missing with whom the Trezzas are acquainted asked them to help.

Everyone involved is donating their time and resources for free. That's pretty awesome. Thinking of last month's major bodies-in-vehicles-in-water discoveries, I'm wondering what else they might find down there.

I hope they find him but I wish they would post a photo of the person they are looking for...

Searching for Edison Arias, who vanished in June 1993:

http://poststar.com/news/local/diving-into-the-past/article_c2907a02-2ba2-11e3-b885-001a4bcf887a.html

Everyone involved is donating their time and resources for free. That's pretty awesome. Thinking of last month's major bodies-in-vehicles-in-water discoveries, I'm wondering what else they might find down there.

They are bound to find some interesting things down there. Lake George is near Fort Ticonderoga and Fort William Henry. In the past divers have found old guns/weapons, etc. and I've heard that a ship sunk there with the payroll that was going to one of the forts. There is not much crime in the area but who knows what they will find!

They are bound to find some interesting things down there. Lake George is near Fort Ticonderoga and Fort William Henry. In the past divers have found old guns/weapons, etc. and I've heard that a ship sunk there with the payroll that was going to one of the forts. There is not much crime in the area but who knows what they will find!

Performance Marine » Submarine’s Search Finds Shipwrecks, But No Missing Body

Siler said even though Arias’ body was not found they did make some surprising discoveries. “We found three boats in the search area (off Fish Point) and one boat outside the search area…one boat had an anchor hanging off it,” he said. “We found two or three debris log-piles which were probably on a boat that sank and numerous other objects, that were hard to tell what they were, but we could tell because of their size they were not what we were looking for,” he said.

Siler said after the search was completed he came away with the feeling that “he’s just not there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back