IA IA - Fredrick Workman, 15, Des Moines, 2 Aug 2013

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
NCMC1222001c1.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1222001&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

MSM from last year, when Freddy went missing:

http://www.heartlandconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=936834

Fredrick Workman was living at a youth facility in Des Moines and his mother, Anna Shields, said her family believes he walked out when he was left alone outside on August 2. Shields said Workman's probation officer told the teen he needed to complete his program before he would be able to come home and that may be what trigged Workman to take off...

"It's stressful," she said. "He's a quiet type. My main reason why I'm trying to find him, to locate him, is because he needs medications. He's ADHD/ODD and I just want to get him back on his meds and make sure he's safe."

http://www.heartlandconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=939669#.U_QmUCgqWAA

Shields said family members searched parks in the Des Moines and West Des Moines area for about ten hours on Sunday and nine family members, including Freddy's stepdad, father, stepmom, aunt and cousin continued searching Tuesday, but with no luck.

Shields told us she has been in contact with the West Des Moines Police Department, who told her they do not have the resources to help with the search.

"I want everyone to know that Des Moines cops won't help," Shields said.

FB missing page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/316302661847494/

Saw his mom post to a missing persons Facebook group today and noticed this never got much attention. Here is a little more info:

10845848_1050037661683234_3459755512208343557_o.jpg

‪#‎Missing‬ - Fredrick Workman, age 17 (DOB: 5/4/1998), of ‪#‎FAIRFIELD‬, ‪#‎IOWA‬, was living at a youth facility in ‪#‎DESMOINES‬, ‪#‎IA‬ when he disappeared on August 2nd, 2013. Workman's probation officer told the teen he needed to complete his program before he would be able to come home and that may be what trigged Workman to take off. His family has not seen or heard from him since. He might be in the ‪#‎NEWTON‬ area. He's about 5'7" tall, 145 lbs., has short blonde hair and blue eyes. He also has a small scar on the bottom of his chin. He may use the last name Shields. He is ‪#‎ADHD‬/ ‪#‎ODD‬ and requires medication.

Anyone with any information on his location, please contact the Des Moines Police at (515) 283-4811 or 911.

His mom (AS) has recovered custody of him according to her Facebook page, but no other updates.

Picture of map where he was last seen:
44549_538193536303326_4290951850139911968_n.jpg

Saw his mom post to a missing persons Facebook group today and noticed this never got much attention. Here is a little more info:

View attachment 75546

‪#‎Missing‬ - Fredrick Workman, age 17 (DOB: 5/4/1998), of ‪#‎FAIRFIELD‬, ‪#‎IOWA‬, was living at a youth facility in ‪#‎DESMOINES‬, ‪#‎IA‬ when he disappeared on August 2nd, 2013. Workman's probation officer told the teen he needed to complete his program before he would be able to come home and that may be what trigged Workman to take off. His family has not seen or heard from him since. He might be in the ‪#‎NEWTON‬ area. He's about 5'7" tall, 145 lbs., has short blonde hair and blue eyes. He also has a small scar on the bottom of his chin. He may use the last name Shields. He is ‪#‎ADHD‬/ ‪#‎ODD‬ and requires medication.

Anyone with any information on his location, please contact the Des Moines Police at (515) 283-4811 or 911.

His mom (AS) has recovered custody of him according to her Facebook page, but no other updates.

View attachment 75547

Hey Vail. Good to see ya.

Thank you for this information, good to know.

View attachment 75546

View attachment 75547

I haven't found anything new either about Fredrick Workman. I hope he's safe and where he is, he stays safe and lets his mom know.

Was the probation officer the last to hear from him?

Seems by now Freddy would be 18, I can't seem to find many details on this. Did he take off alone? Who claims to be the last one to see him? Could foul play have happened and there was a cover up? I read somewhere, the family was continually calling the PD for info, and were told to stop calling, or harassment charges would be filed. How can a 15yr old, disappear, and no one follow up? Why is that facility he was at, not held responsible? I'm at a loss.

According to Mom, the tip didn't pan out. I even emailed the chief of police where they are from and never got a response. Gut feeling, they want this swept under the carpet, he was a ward of the state, they should be held responsible. No one is helping his Mom.

Seems by now Freddy would be 18, I can't seem to find many details on this. Did he take off alone? Who claims to be the last one to see him? Could foul play have happened and there was a cover up? I read somewhere, the family was continually calling the PD for info, and were told to stop calling, or harassment charges would be filed. How can a 15yr old, disappear, and no one follow up? Why is that facility he was at, not held responsible? I'm at a loss.

I have all the same questions!
If I was going on theory, I would say he was pissed at his family! He took off and has started a new life never wanting to speak to them again. Or he rolled out and fell victim to the elements.
If I were to go on the very small amount of detail/facts we do have, I am left to assume the PO was one of the last people to see him, possibly the very last. After hearing that the PD is hesitant to help (that is news to me, TY) there has to be a reason why!? There as ALWAYS a reason why. Which screams/ (*red lights flashing*) "inside job", unfortunately.
As always MOO

Fredrick James Workman​

fredrick_james_workman_1.jpg
fredrick_james_workman_2.jpg
fredrick_james_workman_3.jpg
fredrick_james_workman_4.jpg
workman_fredrick_ap.jpg

Fredrick, circa 2013; Age-progression to age 23 (circa 2021)
  • Missing Since 08/02/2013
  • Missing From Des Moines, Iowa
  • Classification Endangered Runaway
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/04/1998 (24)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3 - 5'7, 126 - 145 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description An orange t-shirt with gold writing, skinny jeans and blue and black high-top Nike sneakers.
  • Medical Conditions Fredrick suffers from attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and oppositional defiant disorder (ODD). He requires medication to control his conditions.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Fredrick's nicknames are Fred and Freddy. He has a small scar under his chin and he may use the last name Shields.

Details of Disappearance​

Fredrick disappeared from Des Moines, Iowa on August 2, 2013. He was living in a juvenile facility at the time of his disappearance, and went missing after his probation officer told him he couldn't go home until he'd completed the program. Authorities believe he left of his own accord.

Fredrick may have traveled to Newton, Iowa. He is originally from Fairfield, Iowa. Few details are available in his case.

Fredrick James Workman – The Charley Project

Here is Fredrick's profile on the government missing person's database, NamUs:

It says,
Fred was last seen in Des Moines, IA on 08/02/2013. He was living at a youth facility in Des Moines at the time. The facility reported his disappearance to law enforcement that same day. Neither his family nor friends have seen or heard from him since. It is possible he may have gone to the Newton, IA area.

My heart goes out to his family. I hope he's safe and will contact a relative.

Here is Fredrick's profile on the government missing person's database, NamUs:

It says,
Fred was last seen in Des Moines, IA on 08/02/2013. He was living at a youth facility in Des Moines at the time. The facility reported his disappearance to law enforcement that same day. Neither his family nor friends have seen or heard from him since. It is possible he may have gone to the Newton, IA area.

My heart goes out to his family. I hope he's safe and will contact a relative.
SO many people go missing from these youth facilities :( we lost a 17 year old at knife point at a facility I worked at luckily they found him a few weeks later but its so common for them to awol and staff to lose track unfortunately

SO many people go missing from these youth facilities :( we lost a 17 year old at knife point at a facility I worked at luckily they found him a few weeks later but its so common for them to awol and staff to lose track unfortunately
My friend’s nieces r in a group home and they love it I’m just saying I hear all kinds of stories about them homes and how bad they r but they don’t wanna go back 2 there mom so also we have a home around here in Philadelphia pa that a lot of girls have ran away I do agree that there may b a few good homes out there but a lot of them r not also I do know alot of the kids r bad 2 the point they run away and so just don’t wanna b there I hope this boy is found and I also hope alot of other kids and or adults r found safe

Picture of Fredrick
1683307545974.png

Age Progression to 23
1683307565837.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members