1022 users online (185 members and 837 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OR - Boy, 14, accused of killing 2 at Grant County hunting cabin

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read...killings_of-ap

GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) — A 14-year-old boy on a deer hunting trip shot and killed two others in the hunting party at a cabin in the Blue Mountains of northeastern Oregon, then accidentally shot and wounded himself, authorities said Thursday.......

The teenager fled after shooting the men but then apparently accidentally shot himself in the leg and returned to the cabin for help, Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer said in a statement. Another member of the group held the boy at gunpoint, forced him to get on the floor, then taped him to a chair.......

Sheriff Palmer declined to answer questions about a possible motive or the relationship between the boy and the two men. He said it likely would be Friday morning before any names are released, after the victims' families have been notified.......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Welp, there goes my peace of mind about a safe camping trip this weekend...

Sheriff: Victim in Oregon camp killings was foster father of teenage suspect; 2 guns involved

One of the two men shot and killed in a deer-hunting camp in northeastern Oregon was the foster father of the 14-year-old boy identified as the shooter, authorities said Friday.

Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer also said two guns were involved — a hunting rifle and a revolver — and the shootings both occurred around midnight Wednesday, with one victim shot inside a cabin and the other one outside.

Michael Piete, 43, was the foster father of the suspect, whose name has not been released because of his age, authorities said. The other victim was Kenneth C. Gilliland, 64, Both men were from Baker City........more......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

wow; I'm sure as a foster father; he might not have known this child very well. I wonder how long he has been in his care and who exactly he shot. How terrifying. I grew up around guns; I know my firearms and I of course, know how to handle weapons. As a child of 7 or 8 I was taught by ex military; and LE. So; I wonder why so many don't make sure their children are properly trained and or taught. We are so failing this generation of kids..
    Dont Be A Sheep

I think most of us can't help but wonder if the 14 yo had a reason for killing these 2 men....Hope LE gets to the bottom of this.

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    I think most of us can't help but wonder if the 14 yo had a reason for killing these 2 men....Hope LE gets to the bottom of this.
    First thought that came to my mind.

http://www.bluemountaineagle.com/fre...9bb2963f4.html

CANYON CITY – One of two men shot dead Wednesday night in Granite was the foster father of the 14-year-old suspect in the case, Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer confirmed today.
    Palmer identified the two victims as Michael Piete, 43, the foster father, and Kenneth C. Gilliland, 64, both of Baker City.
    Palmer said one of the men was in the cabin when he was shot, and the other apparently ran outside and was shot by the front steps of the cabin.
    The cabin is owned by Bob Gilliland of Tidewater, Ore., who also was at the cabin when the shooting began.
    Palmer said the owner fled, crawling on hands and knees at one point to find a vehicle with keys in it. He got to a truck and was able to drive off to Granite, about nine miles away, and call for help.

Hmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

the first article was wrong...it said Grants Pass...Grants Pass is nowhere near Baker City..??

RIP McStays

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    was he the only child there? I hope they release more information soon

Quote Originally Posted by the seeker View Post
    the first article was wrong...it said Grants Pass...Grants Pass is nowhere near Baker City..??
    I think Grants Pass is the location of the AP office that the reporter works out of, so it's meant to be the location of where the "reporting" is being done, not the location of the incident itself.

Looks like both victims lived at the same address which means they lived with the boy?

Little was known about the victims, Michael Piete, 43, and Kenneth C. Gilliland, 64, whose driver’s licenses listed the same address on a country road outside Baker City, 25 miles east of the cabin.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...r-old-boy-shot

Hmmmmm.....waiting for more info, but I got some seriously crazy thoughts!
    Rest in Peace John 08/09/86-04/24/2014.

Husband, father and son. I miss you and so does your son.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Looks like both victims lived at the same address which means they lived with the boy?
    First, I forgot the link for #3:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/04...uspect-2-guns/

Also from your link Sonya:

There was no immediate word on a motive or possible charges against the teen. Palmer said he filled out a probable cause affidavit, listing two counts each of homicide and unlawful use of a firearm. He said the boy was expected to recover from the gunshot wound.
    This article shows there were 2 other men in the hunting party, and the investigation is ongoing:

The three were staying with two others at a cabin at a deer camp on private land off Forest Road 1305 about nine miles southwest of Granite, in Grant County. The cabin is owned by Bill Gilliland, of Tidewater on the Alsea River east of Waldport. He is Kenneth Gilliland’s brother.......

The Grant County major crime team, which includes the sheriff’s office, Oregon State Police, the district attorney and the juvenile department, are continuing to investigate to determine what led to the shooting.
    http://www.bendbulletin.com/apps/pbc...78/1001/NEWS01

Duct taping teen to a chair?

from Reader's link to bendbulletin.com:
    "The three were staying with two others at a cabin at a deer camp on private land off Forest Road... The cabin is owned by Bill Gilliland, of Tidewater .... He is Kenneth Gilliland’s brother." SBM

So about midnight, the 14 y/o shot his foster father (Michael P) and other man, Kenneth G, one inside cabin, the other outside.

From bluemountaineagle.com link:
    "Palmer [LE] said the owner fled, crawling on hands and knees at one point to find a vehicle with keys in it. He got to a truck and was able to drive off to Granite, about nine miles away, and call for help."

And the fifth man, per bendbulletin.com link:
    "... the boy left the cabin on foot and at some point accidentally shot himself in the right leg. He returned to the cabin for help and another man held the boy at gunpoint and ordered him to the floor.
    "The man, who was not identified, Palmer said, got on top of the boy to restrain him and later duct-taped him to a chair until law enforcement arrived."

Had the 4th man already driven away for help, by the time the teen came back? So the fifth man tore duct tape off the roll (a two handed job), and held teen at gunpoint and taped him down at the same time?

By that time, had teen become weak, suffering loss of blood? In shock?

In ordinary circumstances, imo, it would be difficult for a man to duct tape a teen (perhaps a moving target, so to speak) to a chair.
    Kudos to him for being able to do it.

JM and I may be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast