1601 users online (321 members and 1280 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

IL - Nicholas Steward, 33, Lake Villa, 20 Sep 2013 - #3

Police looking for a missing Lake Villa man

Read more: http://wgntv.com/2013/09/22/police-l...#ixzz2feYpuLq7

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 10:46 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 10:47 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Please continue here...

Quote Originally Posted by AngieRPR View Post
    Hi everyone. My first post. This was also a case I got really attached to reading updates on. Was so hoping he would be ok. I will never understand.

Glad to be here with you all.
    Welcome. I've only been on a few days myself. This case is close to home for me. So I'm not a veteran welcoming you, but I welcome you nonetheless!

Have followed a number of cases here over the years without signing up, but this one really got under my skin. I was so sorry to wake up to the news this morning. Sincerely appreciate all the thought and effort all of you put into analyzing the various aspects of this case, from going over minute details to attempts to understand the whole picture. Wish things had turned out differently.

My condolences to all who loved, knew or even simply cared about NS and his well-being.

As far as police opening the trunk if they suspect a body may be inside. I think it can go both ways. Remember the case of Jennifer Hudson's nephew. His body was found on the back seat of the stolen SUV but the vehicle was removed from the scene before the doors were opened and any evidence (including his body) was examined or removed.

So sad about this case. It is certainly one that has tugged at my heart. My best hope was that Nick had voluntarily left home and would be found safe somewhere. When his remains were located, I felt my heart sink.

My condolences to his loved ones.....

Quote Originally Posted by McDonough View Post
    As far as police opening the trunk if they suspect a body may be inside. I think it can go both ways. Remember the case of Jennifer Hudson's nephew. His body was found on the back seat of the stolen SUV but the vehicle was removed from the scene before the doors were opened and any evidence (including his body) was examined or removed.
    Bottom line is, I think we have to go with LE's approach whatever that might be. They have their protocol. There were a lot of people in the area at the time. So I don't think moving the car without opening it is an issue.

Thanks for the info about the trunk. I assumed that LE is not going to put a car on a tow truck with a body inside in case evidence would be destroyed, but I really didn't want to ask before we knew the outcome. I also follow along on WS in little spurts, so I don't know about nearly as many cases as some of you experts...i figured they make every effort not to move a body until they process the scene, so I thought it was weird that some people seemed to think LE knew he was in the trunk and took the car away to process it privately.

So it does happen. Thanks, I'm on my phone so I was slow to type that other response before I saw this.

This case hit way too close to home for me having been married for about 2 years and having an 18 month old (plus living right around the corner from Lake Villa). I just cannot stop thinking about his wife and parents and what they must be going through. And that his son will never get to know his dad. He must have been in a very bad place to be able to walk away from watching his child grow up. Praying for his family.

Was that how they reported it? I don't remember how the story was reported.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyesq. View Post
    So it does happen. Thanks, I'm on my phone so I was slow to type that other response before I saw this.
    If you think about it...what if NS had been in the car and had been alive, but barely breathing. Or what if Jennifer's nephew had been alive, since the Amber Alert was associated with that car. If LE towed the cars without being sure, could you imagine!

Sending positive energy and strength to Nick's family. This is so very sad.

Like so many others here have said, I never expected this to be the outcome. I have a nephew who is about the same age as Nick, has been married for a few years and has a beautiful one year old child. The pictures of Nick and his wife and son very much remind me of my nephew. I've followed this case from the beginning kept thinking, if my nephew were to suddenly disappear what would be the reason?...suicide would never even be on the radar.

Now...I haven't had a chance to get caught up on what really happened...I read this morning that they found his car. Was he found in the car? In the trunk? I am a bit confused.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom4 View Post
    Was that how they reported it? I don't remember how the story was reported.
    Yes it was I believe. About a year later I found out a friend of mine was an officer who was on scene that morning when the car was discovered. Another reason they waited to open the vehicle was when it was in their controlled environment anything that may have accidentally fallen out of the car would not be missed like it might be on a city street.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast