707 users online (84 members and 623 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Four Mickens children, 3-9, Galveston, 4 Oct 2013

The Galveston County Sheriff's Office has issued an Amber Alert for four missing children.

According to officials, the children -- Donovan Mickens, male, 3; Deyon Mickens, male, 4; Donald Mickens, Jr., male, 6; and Donae Mickens, female, 9  are believed to be with their biological mother, Beverly Mickens. Investigators say Beverly Mickens left the state with the children in violation of a court order brought about by CPS.

The agency says Beverly Mickens, 34, notified them that she's on her way back to Texas, but the agency is concerned she might be under the influence of a controlled substance. They also say she may be suffering from pneumonia and possibly strep throat. They believe she may have been involved in a wreck and the children may need medical care.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=9273905

Beverly Mickens is a white female. She's believed to be driving a gold colored Cadillac Escalade with damage on the passenger side from the reported accident.
    According to officials, all four children have medium brown skin, dark brown curly hair and dark eyes.
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=9273905
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Beverley's Facebook - not much visible but there are pictures of the kids. Hopefully she is on her way back as she said she was and will be found soon

https://www.facebook.com/bev.mickens?ref=ts&fref=ts
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

So mom has custody of the kids or CPS did? It seems from the wording that they lived with mom but she was not allowed to leave town with them. Is that what the rest of you think? If she was in a car wreck, wouldn't the highway patrol have seen this or gone to the sight of the wreck? Curious stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Maybe a few months ago she lost a baby ? And that could really wreak havoc on a woman's emotional state This is a sad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Maybe a few months ago she lost a baby ? And that could really wreak havoc on a woman's emotional state This is a sad situation.
    Oh My.... so sad she lost that little angel...

losing the child just may have pushed her "over the edge"... So to speak...

but this case is confusing...

she has been in accident with 4 children in the car? (Supposedly)
    I, too, wonder what LE reports there are on the accident? (If any)

I do hope she is intercepted by LE soon... Or that she makes it back home with no more accidents!

JMO

Oh the little boys look like my son!! I hope they are safe.
    Rest in Peace John 08/09/86-04/24/2014.

Husband, father and son. I miss you and so does your son.

Well if I'm understanding the status with CPS , it appears the children were not removed from the home. So doesn't that tell us that LIKELY there was no abuse in the home and the kids are cared for ? I'm thinking that she lost the baby in summer and got really down or emotionally ' turbulent' for lack of a better word. Maybe some friends or teachers of the kids voiced some concern to CPS but not necessarily abuse/ neglect. But ' hey here's a mom whose been through a lot and we're a little worried that shes' struggling to stay afloat' . So CPS comes in , takes a look, sees the kids are safe and ok but wants to ' monitor' the situation so they leave them with mom but restrict her movements, no out of town,etc. Does that sound plausible?

Come on Beverly, do the right thing. It's going to be ok. You're going to get some help. Hang on ! I hope I've not misunderstood this whole mess, but I think that's a valid theory!

Quote Originally Posted by burbqueen View Post
    Oh the little boys look like my son!! I hope they are safe.
    Then your son must be adorable... Because these children are darling!

And where are we looking? It says left the state... does anyone see what state they think she went to ? It's kind of loose but I guess that's all LE knows.

I hope she has some type of "support system" waiting for her when she gets home (i.e.... Family members, significant other, etc.)

With her being a mother of four... And having experienced the recent death of a little cherub... Must be incredibly overwhelming...

JMO
    Last edited by IHAVENOCLUE; 10-05-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Clarify...

She could get into LA pretty quick. Any other state she might have gone to would be a very, VERY long drive.

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    Then your son must be adorable... Because these children are darling!
    My son is my avatar and also pictures on my profile. He is 3. Charming and crafty!

Where in texas did she go?
    Rest in Peace John 08/09/86-04/24/2014.

Husband, father and son. I miss you and so does your son.

Quote Originally Posted by burbqueen View Post
    My son is my avatar and also pictures on my profile. He is 3. Charming and crafty!

Where in texas did she go?
    Your charming and crafty 3 year old is probably already breaking girls' hearts...

I believe the report says she went "out of state" (from Texas)...

am I correct?

JMO

I didn't think she recently loss a baby. To me it looked like it happened in '06. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast