Found Deceased NY - Avonte Oquendo, 14, Long Island City, 4 Oct 2013

This really irks me! I work with developmental disabled adults and can't imagine just letting one of them just run out the door and away. Why didn't his teachers or whomever go after him?!

this breaks my heart hopefully young avonte is found safe and sound before the night is over.

avonte-oquendo.jpg

cannot verbally communicate

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/05/missing-queens-teen-was-last-seen-leaving-school-on-friday/

This really irks me! I work with developmental disabled adults and can't imagine just letting one of them just run out the door and away. Why didn't his teachers or whomever go after him?!

ITA. Why weren't the doors locked. This poor child.

:please: Please let him be found. The weather is going to be raining tomorrow. Heavy rains tomorrow night.

Can we post a link from go fund me?

Do they have search dogs that they can start on his trail while the scent is fresh? At least that would give them an idea of what direction he went when he was no longer on the security camera.

Major ball drop here by the school. Absolutely unacceptable! JMO

Do they have search dogs that they can start on his trail while the scent is fresh? At least that would give them an idea of what direction he went when he was no longer on the security camera.

Gee I hope they used search dogs.

I wish they would put out to the public a better picture of him, and put his striped shirt on the poster.

I heard that he likes trains. So many areas to search for this child.

Ok Thank you,it is weird but their using that page to update and ect..

Someone may want to kindly suggest to them that they may want to create a FB missing page.

Can we share Avontes brothers facebook page? He is asking for help on there and has regular updates

This is such a sad, tragic story. Even sadder he has been missing for over 2 days and we are still on the first page of posts.

What can we do to help? I have never been to New York. What is the area like where his school is? He likes trains? What other info do we know about him? Are there train tracks near the school? Is there water nearby? That scares me.

Having supervised special needs children, including autistic children, we never let them out of our sight. Did they let him go to the bathroom by himself...or?

I think the only way he is going to be found safely is if someone sees the posters. This story and his face needs to be plastered everywhere!

I think I hear an echo in here...=) Anyone here?
He likes candy and video games. He has to be hungry. All of the convenience store employees should be alerted. He may run in, grab a bunch of candy and rush out the door. Employees, thinking he is stealing and not knowing the situation, may yell at him and scare him even more than he is already.
Does anyone have a map of where the school is? The brother says it is Riverside School but Center was posted on this thread. It might be helpful to map out all stores that have food and drinks along with video games to see if they have seen him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back