Mom puts eye up for sale

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...57&e=3&u=/nm/20050421/od_nm/bangladesh_eye_dc

DHAKA (Reuters) - A Bangladeshi woman desperate for money after she was abandoned by her husband has offered to sell one of her eyes.

"I desperately looked for a job to live with my two-and-half-year-old daughter, Meem," the woman, 26-year-old Shefali Begum, told Reuters Thursday at her slum dwelling in Dhaka.

"But I could not find any ... and decided to sell one of my eyes. What do I do with both eyes while my daughter will die for want of milk and food?"

selling your eye? there has got to be something else -- donate bone marrow? - that should bring in enough money considering the rarity of a match. OR why not carry a child for a couple who can't have children, there are plenty of people here in the US who are willing to negotiate ...just don't sell your EYE !??

golfmom said:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=3&u=/nm/20050421/od_nm/bangladesh_eye_dc

DHAKA (Reuters) - A Bangladeshi woman desperate for money after she was abandoned by her husband has offered to sell one of her eyes.

"I desperately looked for a job to live with my two-and-half-year-old daughter, Meem," the woman, 26-year-old Shefali Begum, told Reuters Thursday at her slum dwelling in Dhaka.

"But I could not find any ... and decided to sell one of my eyes. What do I do with both eyes while my daughter will die for want of milk and food?"

Why not sell her arm or leg she has 2 of them too........:banghead:
Makes me wonder how long did she look for a job....?

I can't see selling my eye... :crazy:

Hey Cass...your siggy pic looks like MJ's head on Herman Munster's body! The way the pic was taken makes Tom Hanks look unnaturally large.

Anyway, at least this woman is noble enough to want to sell an eye instead of stealing one and dropping it in chili! :innocent:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back