1267 users online (242 members and 1025 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Vivian Summers, 6 mos, bludgeoned & slashed to death, Oak Lawn, 6 Oct 2013

Warning Graphic Content

This occurred in my neck of the woods. We're still in shock that this "grandmother" could have hurt her own granddaughter this way. It's been a sad day for our village. RIP sweet little girl.

The Midwest
    I saw this earlier. It is disgusting. What could that poor child have done to deserve this? By her grandmother????

It is sickening.

RIP little one!
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

pulled from that article ^^^

accused of striking and stabbing her 6-month-old granddaughter to death, prosecutors said, and was ordered held without bond

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...#ixzz2h4Ymjdpn

I bet the article will be updated and re-updated, but it seems that was absolutely nothing that led up to this? (aside from mental illness, because mentally healthy people don't do this kind of thing.) Was grandma upset at baby girl? a freaking SLEDGEHAMMER and a KNIFE. sad sad sad all around...
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

The Midwest
    Sickening! The grandmother apparently doesn't speak English and needed a polish interpreter.

Prosecutor describes horrific slaying of baby
    By Andy GrimmTribune reporter
    3:45 p.m. CDT, October 7, 2013

Alone with her 6-month-old granddaughter, Alfreda Giedrojc is accused of placing the baby on the floor of her Oak Lawn home, taking a sledgehammer from a closet and striking the infant in the head.

When the baby continued to make noises, Giedrojc went to the kitchen and got a carving knife and slit the child's throat, a prosecutor said during a court hearing, where bail was denied for the 62-year-old grandmother.

Giedrojc stood silent and impassive as Assistant State's Attorney Michael Deno described the horrific slaying of Vivian Summers on Sunday. Giedrojc's daughter is the baby's mother.

Last edited by Softail; 10-07-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Oh this is simply sick......how could anybody do this to a helpless little baby......and why in heavens name would they want to?
    Debora Sue Lowe - Age 13, missing from Pompano, FL since February 29, 1972 (Leap Year)
    Missing Child Haunts Family Nearly 40 Years Later - 9/19/2011
    White Female
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 5’6″
    Weight: 125 lbs
    Debbie is believed to have been a victim of the serial killer Gerard John Schaefer Jr. He was convicted of only two murders in the 1970s but is believed to be responsible for the murders and disappearances of many other girls and young women in the 60s and 70s, including Wendy Stevenson, Peggy Rahn ,Carmen Hallock, Pamela Nater and Nancy Leichner in 1966.

• Everything I write is JMHO and NO OFFENSE is INTENDED

She isn't even that old. Did nobody noticed anything off with her?
    Just my opinion

I feel physically ill after reading this. That poor, innocent baby.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

That poor little darling. I hope this b***h is locked up for the rest of her pitiful life.

Definitely pre-meditated, she placed the sledgehammer there the night before. Also, the attack didn't happen until after her husband left, so I doubt she could plead that she simply 'snapped'. The son in law was only across the street, she wouldn't have had a lot of time alone with this child, so the attack must have been over very quickly (and started as soon as her husband left).

Were there any family issues recently? Could this have been some sort of sick 'pay back'? Or is this lady just very, very messed up?

Rest in peace, darling child. My thoughts are with your family.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

This is one of the worst crimes I've ever heard. The gm HAS to have had some sort of mental breakdown.
    My posts are IMO, MOO ...Unless I have a link to back it up.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    she's the one who put a sledgehammer in the closet

sledgehammers belong in garages or barns, not closets

she premeditated it and she deserves the book thrown at her

the thread title needs to be changed to 'murdering' instead of 'striking'

texasgirl2 is offline Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case
    the lone star state
    No matter how hard I try, I just can't understand. My heart just hurts so much reading stories like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk now Free
    Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.
    ~ Mattie Stepanek

Grandmother kills infant w sledge hammer

Dont Be A Sheep

in TX from ARKANSAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    I have two= Death Penalty!!!!!!!

Ontario, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by sloane7777 View Post
    I have two= Death Penalty!!!!!!!
    Is there even a death penalty in Illinois?? This animal deserves it. WTF is wrong with people.
    Though I fall, I fall like a star, streaming splendour through the sky.
    Justice has not failed Victoria... Rest in peace Angel.

Princess on Earth, Angel in Heaven

“If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection. Even when all hope seems lost, certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are — and who we can become. Across space, across time, even across paths we cannot predict.” -Touch

San Diego
    Alfreda Giedrojc, Grandmother, Bludgeoned Baby With Sledgehammer, Slit Throat: Police

A Chicago grandmother who was supposed to be looking after her granddaughter instead brutally murdered the infant, police say.

Alfreda Giedrojc, 61, was left to babysit the 6-month-old child while her grandfather went across the street to visit another relative Sunday morning, CBS Chicago reported.

full article at link ................ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1....html?ir=Crime

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast