IL - Vivian Summers, 6 mos, beaten & slashed to death, Oak Lawn, 6 Oct 2013

I saw this earlier. It is disgusting. What could that poor child have done to deserve this? By her grandmother???? :dunno:

It is sickening. :puke:

:cry: RIP little one! :heartbeat:

pulled from that article ^^^

accused of striking and stabbing her 6-month-old granddaughter to death, prosecutors said, and was ordered held without bond

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...-street-oak-lawn-226756931.html#ixzz2h4Ymjdpn

I bet the article will be updated and re-updated, but it seems that was absolutely nothing that led up to this? (aside from mental illness, because mentally healthy people don't do this kind of thing.) Was grandma upset at baby girl? a freaking SLEDGEHAMMER and a KNIFE. sad sad sad all around...

:eek: Sickening! :puke: The grandmother apparently doesn't speak English and needed a polish interpreter.

Prosecutor describes horrific slaying of baby
By Andy GrimmTribune reporter
3:45 p.m. CDT, October 7, 2013

Alone with her 6-month-old granddaughter, Alfreda Giedrojc is accused of placing the baby on the floor of her Oak Lawn home, taking a sledgehammer from a closet and striking the infant in the head.

When the baby continued to make noises, Giedrojc went to the kitchen and got a carving knife and slit the child's throat, a prosecutor said during a court hearing, where bail was denied for the 62-year-old grandmother.

Giedrojc stood silent and impassive as Assistant State's Attorney Michael Deno described the horrific slaying of Vivian Summers on Sunday. Giedrojc's daughter is the baby's mother.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...lawn-infants-slaying-20131007,0,3385305.story

Oh this is simply sick......how could anybody do this to a helpless little baby......and why in heavens name would they want to?

She isn't even that old. Did nobody noticed anything off with her?

I feel physically ill after reading this. That poor, innocent baby.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

That poor little darling. I hope this *advertiser censored* is locked up for the rest of her pitiful life.

Definitely pre-meditated, she placed the sledgehammer there the night before. Also, the attack didn't happen until after her husband left, so I doubt she could plead that she simply 'snapped'. The son in law was only across the street, she wouldn't have had a lot of time alone with this child, so the attack must have been over very quickly (and started as soon as her husband left).

Were there any family issues recently? Could this have been some sort of sick 'pay back'? Or is this lady just very, very messed up?

Rest in peace, darling child. My thoughts are with your family. :rose:

This is one of the worst crimes I've ever heard. The gm HAS to have had some sort of mental breakdown.

she's the one who put a sledgehammer in the closet

sledgehammers belong in garages or barns, not closets

she premeditated it and she deserves the book thrown at her

the thread title needs to be changed to 'murdering' instead of 'striking'

No matter how hard I try, I just can't understand. My heart just hurts so much reading stories like this. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk now Free

Alfreda Giedrojc, Grandmother, Bludgeoned Baby With Sledgehammer, Slit Throat: Police

A Chicago grandmother who was supposed to be looking after her granddaughter instead brutally murdered the infant, police say.

Alfreda Giedrojc, 61, was left to babysit the 6-month-old child while her grandfather went across the street to visit another relative Sunday morning, CBS Chicago reported.

full article at link ................ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/08/alfreda-giedrojc-killed-baby_n_4063162.html?ir=Crime

I would have to think there is some psychosis or something going on with her. It's not like the baby was crying and she lost her temper and flew off the handle.

I was thinking about little Vivian when I woke up this morning. I can't find anything new about this case. I assume psychiatric evaluations are still ongoing.

Thinking of and remembering little Miss Vivian today and everyday.

I found this. A collection of articles concerning the case. You have to scroll down to read the most recent.

Apparently as of March 7, psych evaluations were still being done on the grandmother, and none of the family seems to be participating in the court process.

It does sound like the woman speaks virtually no English, so comments by neighbors that they are surprised she could do this aren't really helpful - they probably never even had a conversation with her.

I wonder, if Vivian's father could even communicate with her? What more would they have known about her mental state if she could speak English? Did anyone at all suspect she was planning this horrific murder?

http://www.justice4caylee.org/t2099...rged-grandmother-alfreda-giedrojc-oak-lawn-il

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back