800 users online (106 members and 694 guests)  

Websleuths News

5 Kick-Ass Women This Mom Dressed Her Daughter As Instead Of A Disney Princess

"Photographer and mother Jaime Moore searched high and low for creative inspiration to take photos of her 5-year-old daughter Emma but found most of the ideas were how to dress your little girl like a Disney princess. It got her thinking about some real women for her daughter to look up to, whether that be a pilot, a doctor, or even an astronaut."

Let's show our girls the real women they can be.

http://www.upworthy.com/see-the-5-ki...isney-princess

Wonderful idea and gorgeous photos of a very beautiful little girl!

her resemblance to Amelia Earhart makes that photo kinda uncanny for me

While I find nothing wrong with little girls dressing up as Disney princesses, I would like to add a few suggestions:

Rosa Parks

Corrie Ten Boom

Clara Barton

Frances Perkins (the former Secretary of Labor and the one who lives in North Mississippi and who has been a mentor to many a strong female)

Jane Addams

Quote Originally Posted by my_tee_mouse View Post
    While I find nothing wrong with little girls dressing up as Disney princesses, I would like to add a few suggestions:

Rosa Parks

Corrie Ten Boom

Clara Barton

Frances Perkins (the former Secretary of Labor and the one who lives in North Mississippi and who has been a mentor to many a strong female)

Jane Addams
    IMO she would have been crucified had she gone in black face and did Rosa Parks.

I'm not suggesting anyone go "black face." My suggestions were not solely for the girl in the photos. They are for young ladies out there looking for strong role models to emulate...Halloween or any day. But I guess it's the nature of the beast that someone would take what is intended to be a positive post and make it into something else. SMH