1285 users online (199 members and 1086 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

breach of promise

Re, previous thread: Boulder Da sued for release of indictment
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9867208#post9867208"]Boulder DA sued for release of indictment - Page 12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boul...sey-john-patsy

Boulder DA: Release of Ramsey documents would be "breach of promise" to grand jury

10/08/2013 11:31:53 AM MDT

"The Boulder District Attorney's Office filed a response today to a lawsuit filed by a Daily Camera reporter and a press advocacy group, saying the release of the indictment secretly voted on by the JonBenet Ramsey grand jury in 1999 would be a "breach of promise" to the jurors."

Wow......just wow!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Just because they reply that way doesn't mean it's true, and doesn't mean the judge is going to agree with them. They don't want to release the indictment, and they need a reason. Both sides have issues their "argument" and the judge will make a decision, or ask for more information and set another date on October 11th.

Boulder DA: Release of Ramsey documents would be "breach of promise" to grand jury

promises,promises ,blah blah blah

it's more like excuses,excuses in this case..
    The rice is already cooked...

it's even a bit ironic...cause the jurors themselves broke the silence re the indictment in the first place...so I guess this means they want the truth to be known,no?
    The rice is already cooked...

Little Jedi is offline "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally" W. C. Fields
    Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post

Wow......just wow!
    ^^^^This^^^^
    " The more we learn, the more we discover how much we do not know. "
    Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
    it's even a bit ironic...cause the jurors themselves broke the silence re the indictment in the first place...so I guess this means they want the truth to be known,no?
    I think so. They are tired of the cover-up that has been going on since December 26, 1996. I know I am.

This release of the news of the indictment is like a slap in the face to those of us who believe without a doubt that the Ramseys are responsible at the very least for the cover-up of the murder of their daughter.

I say release the indictment and let the chips fall where they may. And let the guilty parties that have been part of this cover-up for years run and hide.

JMO
    Last edited by tezi; 10-09-2013 at 08:51 AM. Reason: clarify point.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

I don't think the breach of contract argument is going to fly since the gj Did vote to indict. It not being signed off is where the breach of promise comes into play, imo, because for years, the gj refusing to indict has been the foundation for a lot of 'the Rs have been persecuted' speak. If after their vote, authorities admitted the gj voted to indict, but they themselves decided against it for whatever reason, then this breach argument might make sense, but as it stands, it looks like the gj was manipulated and misrepresented. One thing I'd like to see happen, is for every person in authority who said or wrote that the gj voted not to indict, be held accountable for those words. IMO, the gj members have been wronged and it looks like they are still being used and manipulated. Moo based on the reports so far.

The hearing was today. Craig Silverman was there, and here are his tweets:

#JonBenet fascinating hrg just ended. Press arguing Boulder DA wrong then and now to keep indictment secret. Fleet White here watching too.

Per Tom Kelly -- press lawyer -- Alex Hunter had no right to keep privete grand jury's true bill agst John and Patsy Ramsey.

#JonBenet Judge has matter under advisement and said he will rule next week. John Ramsey is alive but statute of limitations on F2 is over.

#JonBenet Boulder Dep DA Finn argued grand jurors expect secrecy. Press atty Wesson responded this GJ expected it would be far from secret.

From Boulder Daily Camera tweets:

RT @SarahKuta: Judge held a closed door meeting with attorneys to discuss the existence of an indictment at all.

RT @SarahKuta: Because the hearing proceeded, we were led to believe they decided that an indictment does in fact exist in Ramsey case.

From Daily Camera reporter:

Sarah Kuta ‏@SarahKuta 30m
    Judge can decide grand jury secrecy is absolute or issue show cause order, which means defendant will need to prove why should remain secret

A judge will decide next week whether Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett must prove why the unprosecuted 1999 grand-jury indictment in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case should remain secret.

At the beginning of the hearing, Lowenbach cleared the courtroom in order to discuss with attorneys on both sides whether the indictment exists.

"I just want to make sure we're arguing over something ... It'll be fairly transparent if we go forward what the district attorney has told me," Lowenbach said.

After a short discussion, the hearing proceeded.
    http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boul...nts?source=rss

So the indictment does exist.

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    #JonBenet Judge has matter under advisement and said he will rule next week. John Ramsey is alive but statute of limitations on F2 is over.
    what is F2? TIA (I'm sure I'll be like "duh" when I find out, but I gotta ask, LOL)
    ~ VICE journalist Tim Pool
    Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.

otg is offline Reports of my death are greatly exagerated... but not completely unfounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by gramcracker View Post
    what is F2? TIA (I'm sure I'll be like "duh" when I find out, but I gotta ask, LOL)
    I imagine F2 would be referring to 2nd degree felony. 1st degree felony: no statute of limitation. All other felonies: 3-years.

http://tslawpc.com/wp-content/upload...tute-chart.pdf

All views expressed in my posts are my opinion and are protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as “freedom of speech.”

otg is offline Reports of my death are greatly exagerated... but not completely unfounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    The hearing was today. Craig Silverman was there, and here are his tweets:

#JonBenet fascinating hrg just ended. Press arguing Boulder DA wrong then and now to keep indictment secret. Fleet White here watching too.

Per Tom Kelly -- press lawyer -- Alex Hunter had no right to keep privete grand jury's true bill agst John and Patsy Ramsey.

#JonBenet Boulder Dep DA Finn argued grand jurors expect secrecy. Press atty Wesson responded this GJ expected it would be far from secret.

From Boulder Daily Camera tweets:

RT @SarahKuta: Judge held a closed door meeting with attorneys to discuss the existence of an indictment at all.

RT @SarahKuta: Because the hearing proceeded, we were led to believe they decided that an indictment does in fact exist in Ramsey case.

From Daily Camera reporter:

Sarah Kuta ‏@SarahKuta 30m
    Judge can decide grand jury secrecy is absolute or issue show cause order, which means defendant will need to prove why should remain secret
    Oh, my! FW was there. Looks like he's still interested in seeing justice. I hope his presence in the courtroom is a constant reminder to everyone involved in this that he won't let it die.

TY, eileenhawkeye, for the updates. I found the twitter accounts if anyone else wants to follow:

https://twitter.com/craigscolorado

https://twitter.com/SarahKuta

All views expressed in my posts are my opinion and are protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as “freedom of speech.”

it was awesome to read FW was there !!

thanks for the report, eileenhawkeye.

#justiceforjonbenet
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

I'm glad that FW showed up, he must still care enough for justice for little JB. I'd love for him to talk one day. Hopefully next week when the ruling comes it will be in the favor of releasing the indictment.
    The above mentioned text and views are my opinion and mine alone.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast