Fox News' Anna Kooiman Falls For Parody About Obama Funding Muslim Museum

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...-parody_n_4053994.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Fox News' Anna Kooiman Falls For Parody About Obama Funding Muslim Museum
Posted: 10/06/2013 1:14 pm EDT | Updated: 10/07/2013 3:30 pm EDT

Fox News host Anna Kooiman fell for a fake story that said President Obama is using his own money to keep a museum dedicated to Muslim culture open during the government shutdown....

:laughcry:

They need to hire at least ONE fact checker.

http://www.examiner.com/article/fox-news-perpetuates-then-debunks-the-obama-india-trip-story

Fox News perpetuates, then debunks the Obama India trip story

...People who read only the first half of articles would miss out on the truth in the Fox News story quoted above. Later, in the same story, Fox News actually debunks the very myth it brought up before. Fox News quotes a White House spokesperson as stating,

"The numbers reported in this article have no basis in reality. Due to security concerns, we are unable to outline details associated with security procedures and costs, but it's safe to say these numbers are wildly inflated,"

Fox News then confirms from a Pentagon official that 36 warships are not being sent to protect the President. The Pentagon spokesperson stated:

"We obviously have some support role for presidential travel ... but I will take the liberty this time of dismissing as absolutely absurd, this notion that somehow we are deploying 10 percent of the Navy, some 34 ships and an aircraft carrier in support of the president's trip to Asia -- that's just comical."...

These would seem to be deliberate acts of reporting. More always hear the initial story than the correction and more will remember it.

These are deliberate acts of reporting. More always hear the initial story than the correction.

Sort of how Bill O'Reilly's show would put a (D) for Democrat next to the names of Republicans they were reporting about, but didn't like. They'd correct them for the 4am showing.

I'm glad I learned about The Big Lie technique in, like, eighth grade. I wish others would have.

http://www.ranker.com/list/the-top-10-fox-news-fails-of-2011/melody-yan

A lot more in depth about each one at link.

The Top 10 Fox News FAILs of 2011

A list of the biggest, most epic Fox News FAILs of the past year. While even Fox admits that most of their shows are not actually "news", viewers still expect them to get their facts straight. Unfortunately for the network (and the IQs of those who watch), this does not always happen. Perhaps this is why polls indicate that FNC fans know less about the news than people who watch no news at all? Just throwing it out there...

1. 2011 Study Finds Fox News Actually Makes People Dumber
2. Fox Announces Death of President Obama...Twice
3. Bill O'Reilly Calls Elementary School Science a Mystery
4. Fox Takes on Spongebob Squarepants
5. Fox Mistakes Tina Fey for Sarah Palin
6. Fox's Megyn Kelly Calls Pepper Spray a "Food Product"
7. Sarah Palin Claims Paul Revere Warned the British
8. Fox News Randomly Announces a War on Salt
9. Fox Runs Wrong Footage of Ron Paul Win
10. Fox Mistakes Japanese Nightclub for Nuclear Power Plant

Sort of how Bill O'Reilly's show would put a (D) for Democrat next to the names of Republicans they were reporting about, but didn't like. They'd correct them for the 4am showing.

Link please?

Link please?

I apologize, I can only prove one incident.

October 03, 2006 03:04 AM
Bill O'Reilly labels Rep. Foley a Democrat
By John Amato

Foley-BO-Dem.jpg

...The most watched show on FOX News has now labeled the former Republican Congressman Mark Foley, who is in the middle of a sexual predator scandal that has Hastert's career on the ropes ---a Democrat....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back