CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing Teen's Car Is Found Overturned In Castaic

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?ref=stream

1240648_620106978033709_749536956_n.jpg

Verified Insiders: Dragracerz and Caron

Thread #1

Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

Well that was confusing. I was lining up a bit of a multi-quote, only for the thread to close. :D

I agree. If the tire marks, etc. were around the cell tower, I don't see any evidence it was his car that made them. Did someone take tire impressions or something? Look at how many people from this thread have gone to explore there, I don't doubt for a second that other folks four-wheeled there.

For me the key is how close to the water. I have always believed he's in the lake.

I've always thought this too. Obviously, I would've expected him to surface before now though.

Ugh, everyone has me so confused with all the different truck crash scene theories. My question is with all those in mind could he have been trying to drive his truck down the boat launch and into the lake to end his life? He obviously was at a very low point in his life. Breaking off ties and TM's to SD. Could he have been contemplating suicide in Buttonwillow and was there a long time trying to build up enough courage to follow through and how? When the cops searched him it just escalated, added to his already emotional state.

Is there anything guys or gals carry heavy in their trucks like a big jack or tool that Bryce could have used to weight himself down with in the lake if he wanted to harm himself? Are the gas cans filled with gas heavy? Did Christian leave the gas can with Bryce or did he put he gas in the tank. Maybe he never was really out of gas and was traveling with it for other reasons.

I pray Bryce comes home safe very soon so we can end this thread.

BBM. In relation to the first part, I recall posting something similar myself in one of the earlier threads - probably the first. It was my gut instinct when I heard about the long periods of time which had elapsed and the fact that he'd seemingly driven in the area more than once.

And yes the other bolded part links in to my comment in relation to CatFancier's post above. If he is in the lake, either he's weighed down with something or snagged on something way below.

I'd LOVE for my gut instinct to be proved horrendously wrong on this one.

I really don't know what to think anymore. Sometimes I think he is in the lake but I also believe he could be safe and sound and just wanting some space from family/friends for awhile. I really don't know.

I think when all the media and searches die down he may just show up :)
I've thought from the start he just wanted to get away and work himself out, I don't know why I think that but I hope it's what happened :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If he is in the lake,would the family have grounds to sue the PD for incompetency? Just wondering.

If he is in the lake,would the family have grounds to sue the PD for incompetency? Just wondering.

I doubt it. It's like all the people who jump off boats and aren't found. Ultimately, it's the responsibility of the adult who went into the water.

I've thought from the start he just wanted to get away and work himself out, I don't know why I think that but I hope it's what happened :)

I have been thinking the same thing and have wondered if that's why it has been really quite lately.:please:

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Riverking & Amandafast for describing the area so we could get a better idea of the terrain and what possibly happened. It makes it much easier to visualize the area.

A big big thank you to RDW for that overhead picture (thread 5, post #862) too. Made it much easier to understand the area.

Is is possible to request that LE search the lake again? Are there private companies that would volunteer their time and effort to do so? It seems prudent IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverking21 View Post
The dog scent tracked him to the lower lake. The system is on the upper lake so there probably wasn't anything on there.

Sorry, I'm new here and don't really know how to use all the site features. I don't know how to quote earlier posts like others do. RK recently posted that the dogs tracked him to the LOWER LAKE (the lagoon?), but an earlier post said he was tracked down the road to the upper lake in the opposite direction (Government Cove Road?), as well as to the dam.
These areas are not close together, and the depth and shorelines of the two lakes are very different. It would be great to see the tracked area on an overhead map like the one showing the crash scene above.

Dragracerz stated early on that LE was looking at video from multiple cameras so maybe they did have the cameras on the lake and those were some that they were reviewing?

"They are looking at video from multiple cameras - no report yet"

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

Also, from the below post the family is still waiting on the information from the blood evidence inside Bryce's car and the AT&T text message log that was subpoenaed awhile back. Fingers crossed there is SOME new information that will help bring Bryce home to his family.

"The cell phone finding showed nothing, BUT LE still dosemt have the printed text massages from AT&T, a subpoena was served for this info weeks ago.
Forensics still haven't finished laptop (as of Monday) WTH !
They are now working on DNA from the vehicle. (Really, a month later?) as of Monday
LE contact with family has been minimal, and not very informative"

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #5

Dragracerz made a comment not too long ago about the Oregon sighting(s)....something along the line of it being a small town/LE there being a little hard to deal with and him having some ideas about why (or something to that effect, if my memory is correct.) I can't find his original post. If someone knows what I am talking about and can post a link to the actual comment that would be awesome. TIA.

I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for the WS Field Investigation Team to report in. :please:

Dragracerz made a comment not too long ago about the Oregon sighting(s)....something along the line of it being a small town/LE there being a little hard to deal with and him having some ideas about why (or something to that effect, if my memory is correct.) I can't find his original post. If someone knows what I am talking about and can post a link to the actual comment that would be awesome. TIA.

Here you go....

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #5

What media? There is very little.

I think those 3 things (text records, blood results, laptop data) are the clues that will help solve this. I think its ridiculous that not even one have these things have been finished. So frustrating!

@Amanda or Riverking
Since you guys have been involved in the SAR, is there an updated map of Castaic and surrounding areas that have been thoroughly searched and cleared? Water and land..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member