OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing Southern Oregon woman last seen on Fourth of July

22806413_BG1.jpg

http://www.kptv.com/story/22806413/missing-southern-oregon-woman-last-seen-on-fourth-of-july

Thread #1

Media Link

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

We are at a standstill on WS in Stephanie's case until something breaks.
I'm reposting my last post from the first thread because there is an important lesson. There are still things the family and friends can do now for Stephanie, but if someone we love goes missing, what could we do differently from the beginning?

The case of Ryan Horn, missing since August and found today on a remote road in northern Oregon, illustrates how important widespread posting of fliers can be. It ended badly, but at least he was found. The family had a terrific FB page (linked in the article). And volunteers actually searched for him! Condolences to his family and friends and all who helped.

"Washington County sheriff’s deputies were called to the scene about 11:20 a.m. Tuesday, after a person observed a pickup parked off the logging road, which is north and west of Buxton and U.S. 26, Rouches said. The caller did not record the license plate on the vehicle or its exact location. But the caller remembered once seeing a flier that said to call police if Horn's maroon pickup truck was spotted.
...Teams of volunteers have conducted sweeps from Banks to the coast, focusing on pullouts or along tree lines, and have peppered the region with fliers
."

http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/...l#incart_river

I am adding the LE response to the Ryan Horn case as a boon as well. I have asked twice that JSCO post the video flyer to their social networking sites. Have any of you done the same? I sent the link a 3rd time this morning with the question: Is there a reason you have not posted this? I am eagerly awaiting a response... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stDakDoSz9s#BringStephHome

This morning I sent emails with the video link to JCSO, and to the news departments at all three local TV stations, Medford Mail Tribune, Sneak Preview Ashland and Medford editors, and Rogue River Press. I suggested that they needed to do some investigative reporting and briefly explained why.

I was going to send it to CNN but you are giving them permission to use your name, and I'm too private to do that. :)

Here are the email addresses I used if anyone else is up to it.

JCSO--CID@jacksoncounty.org
News director Julie Akins at KOBI5--jakins@kobi5.com
News desk at KDRV12--newsdesk@kdrv.com
Rogue River Press--info@rogueriverpress.com This small paper covers the Grants Pass area, but had a story about Stephanie early on.
News at Mail Tribune--news@mailtribune.com
Medford Sneak Preview--medford@sneakpre.com The Medford and Ashland Sneak Previews are free local business oriented papers that have done some great in depth reporting about local issues.
Ashland Sneak Preview--sneakpre@mind.net

I also directly emailed two reporters at KOBI, as well as Sanne Specht at the Mail Tribune, who have all reported about Stephanie.

Travis Koch interviewed Lonnie and son 7/23--tkoch@kobi5.com
Roma Villavicencio reported on the flier distribution--romav@kobi5.com
Sanne Specht--sspecht@mailtribune.com

Later I will go back and see who has reported from the other stations and try to contact them directly. Please join me!

Yesterday, I went off topic to talk about Lynne Spalding, who was missing from SF General Hospital for well over two weeks. She was found yesterday in a seldom used stairwell at the hospital. Her family and friends did everything right in their search for her, but they were searching outside the hospital because they thought the hospital had been searched and that she had left.

I'm posting the video from the news conference at the hospital today to show what kind of advocate Lynne has in family spokesman David Perry. This is a man I would want on my side. He is my kind of pit bull, and he will make sure there are answers.

I wish the same for Stephanie.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...s-Missing-Woman-Lynne-Spalding-227095731.html

This morning I sent emails with the video link to JCSO, and to the news departments at all three local TV stations, Medford Mail Tribune, Sneak Preview Ashland and Medford editors, and Rogue River Press. I suggested that they needed to do some investigative reporting and briefly explained why.

I was going to send it to CNN but you are giving them permission to use your name, and I'm too private to do that. :)

Here are the email addresses I used if anyone else is up to it.

JCSO--CID@jacksoncounty.org
News director Julie Akins at KOBI5--jakins@kobi5.com
News desk at KDRV12--newsdesk@kdrv.com
Rogue River Press--info@rogueriverpress.com This small paper covers the Grants Pass area, but had a story about Stephanie early on.
News at Mail Tribune--news@mailtribune.com
Medford Sneak Preview--medford@sneakpre.com The Medford and Ashland Sneak Previews are free local business oriented papers that have done some great in depth reporting about local issues.
Ashland Sneak Preview--sneakpre@mind.net

I also directly emailed two reporters at KOBI, as well as Sanne Specht at the Mail Tribune, who have all reported about Stephanie.

Travis Koch interviewed Lonnie and son 7/23--tkoch@kobi5.com
Roma Villavicencio reported on the flier distribution--romav@kobi5.com
Sanne Specht--sspecht@mailtribune.com

Later I will go back and see who has reported from the other stations and try to contact them directly. Please join me!

Ok, that's great! I sent to most if not all these people but via their facebook/twitter accts and not email. Perhaps email will get better attention.

I am grateful Lilbet; I got your message. Thank YOU!

I will be delivering Stephanie Ann Warner's keys and the personal belongings to LE, per the request of Sissy's sister and (now) conservator, Sharon, this Friday, at the Jackson County "Records Division," per Henderson. I can't even even begin to put into words how difficult and heart-wrenching this ordeal has been... and continues to be! I am grateful for your support! THANK YOU FOR HELPING!

I will be delivering Stephanie Ann Warner's keys and the personal belongings to LE, per the request of Sissy's sister and (now) conservator, Sharon, this Friday, at the Jackson County "Records Division," per Henderson. I can't even even begin to put into words how difficult and heart-wrenching this ordeal has been... and continues to be! I am grateful for your support! THANK YOU FOR HELPING!

I'll be thinking of you, Dicentra. I can't begin to imagine what this has been like for Stephanie's loved ones. You've been on the front lines locally, and I'm sure Stephanie would appreciate all you've done on her behalf. Knowing how Stephanie felt about her critters, just the work you did finding them good homes was HUGE! And you've done much more. What a good friend you've been. I imagine it will be hard to turn Stephanie's things over to her sister. But it's not the end of your love for Sissy. It's just a new phase and will free you to pay more attention to your own life, the way Stephanie would want you to. Sending hugs, and thanks for being here.

Thank you so much for your support, Lilbet; I don't mind turning over the keys and clicker and religious/spiritual & personal items I collected for Stephanie's Mama TO her Mama - I just don't want the personal items passed around and handled by LE; people that didn't know her, had never met her.

The truth is, it's all just "stuff." As I get older, "stuff" has lost it's shiny value, LOL, it's just... well, stuff! The relationships we nurture with the people we love are all that truly matters. You are right about the "critters." The most important thing I did for Stephanie was find good homes for her Babies. Her Rush family have started a collection at the Rush Store for the continued care of her elderly Sheep. Bella the goat is now with a herd of goats and will be having a kid in the spring (Sissy would be SO excited to see her Bella pregnant and with a baby of her own!) I adopted the two, older, sister-cats and the other cats have also settled into excellent homes.

One of the last, early-morning conversations we had was about our two elderly mother's and how we were going to deal with loss. She told me that she wanted to be the angel that helped her Mama to the other side. I told her that "God willing and the creek don't rise," SHE would have to deal with the loss and not the other way around. I told her it wasn't right for a mother to loose her child. Never imagined that something like this could happen. I hold her Mama in loving thought, daily.

Tonight I will pack the car with the items I saved for her beloved Mama and take them to Detective Henderson's office. I hope they make the journey to New Orleans, intact. I hope they give Stephanie's Mama some peace.

This came from KOBI-TV/ Roma Villavicencio's FB page. Here is a KOBI-TV Update on the case, and a link to the broadcast. They showed clips from the video that we made for Stephanie, on their newscast. Hopefully this will spark some more interest in the case and bring in some tips. I am glad that they did a news update!

http://www.kobi5.com/news/local-news/item/stephanie-warner-update.html

KOBI-TV - "A Youtube video was sent to NBC 5 by Stephanie Warner's friends in hopes that someone knows where she is.People from her neighborhood in Ruch want an answer.

"It's sad to know that she's just gone and vanished..nobody knows anything.. well somebody knows something I just wish they would come out," says Elicia McCarthy.

The 43-year-old from Ruch has been missing since the fourth of July. She was last seen at the Ruch country store in her green 2004 Nissan Xtera.

In September, her boyfriend Lennie Ames was named a person of interest and now people are saying he's gone to another state.

"Lots of rumors but nothing concrete hopefully leave it to the police to find out whats going on because everybody's asking have you heard anything," says Shawn Center.

We spoke to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office and as of Wednesday they say they've been in contact with Ames, saying despite the rumors going around he has not run away to another state"............................."Detectives say they have been working on this case everyday since Warner has been missing and say they are still looking through all the evidence."

Youtube link to KOBI-TV's broadcast

http://youtu.be/yXTa3NR5rVM

Youtube link to Stephanie's video

http://youtu.be/stDakDoSz9s

JCSO has shared the video flyer today through their Twitter and Facebook accts.

Thanks to both Sasquatch and OUOTP for posting about the publicity for Stephanie's video. I checked JCSO this morning and there was nothing yet, and I missed Roma's story last night. I'm very happy that maybe the nudging of the media paid off. It was certainly time for an update. I am glad to hear that Detective Henderson is back in touch with Ames, in contrast to his last report. And I'm hoping that the evidence they are looking at daily will tell the story of Stephanie's disappearance soon.

I truly hope that Stephanie's family knows about the beautiful video Sasquatch made, and the efforts by total strangers to keep this case in the media.

A MIRACLE!!!! Another story from Roma Villavicencio tonight on KOBI 5. My husband taped a snippet of it (I was napping). She actually had Stephanie's SISTER on the phone! In the part I heard, she asked that everyone pray for her sister, and said something about their faith helps them not give up hope. Roma repeated that Henderson knows where Ames is. Thank you Roma and Sharon!

Apparently KTVL 10 also had a story, but my husband saw it just as it ended. We will watch again at 11:00.

ETA: I think the bit my husband saw was actually KDRV 12, which has been posted.

And another story from Sharon Ko at KDRV 12. A close friend of Stephanie's spoke off camera.

On Thursday, a good friend of Warner spoke to NewsWatch 12 about the investigation. She did not want to show her face on camera. She said after her friend’s disappearance, Ames has thrown parties at Warner’s home and trashed the place. The friend says she saw Ames’ interview with us and does not believe he is mourning or searching for Warner.
“I think honestly Lennie is responsible for it and I don’t think that she’s with us anymore. Honestly, because if she was she would have found a way out by now,” she told NewsWatch12.

http://www.kdrv.com/investigators-review-warner-case/

ETA: Be sure to watch the video. Detective Henderson talks about the investigation.

And another story from Sharon Ko at KDRV 12. A close friend of Stephanie's spoke off camera.

On Thursday, a good friend of Warner spoke to NewsWatch 12 about the investigation. She did not want to show her face on camera. She said after her friend’s disappearance, Ames has thrown parties at Warner’s home and trashed the place. The friend says she saw Ames’ interview with us and does not believe he is mourning or searching for Warner.
“I think honestly Lennie is responsible for it and I don’t think that she’s with us anymore. Honestly, because if she was she would have found a way out by now,” she told NewsWatch12.

Wow, she really put the finger on LA, didn't she!

Another bit from the KDRV story.

MEDFORD, Ore. — Investigators are still going through dozens of evidence pieces in a missing Ruch woman’s case. The slow pace of the investigation is frustrating community members.
Stephanie Warner disappeared July 4th. Investigators have named her boyfriend, Lennie Ames, the person of interest. Several agencies are helping to review evidence found at Warner’s home and Ames’ campsite.
Oregon State Police is currently looking over several forensic items. The Southern Oregon High-Tech Crimes Task Force is reviewing Ames’ electronic devices. There is no timeline of when all of those evidence pieces will be reviewed completely.

Thanks to both Sasquatch and OUOTP for posting about the publicity for Stephanie's video. I checked JCSO this morning and there was nothing yet, and I missed Roma's story last night. I'm very happy that maybe the nudging of the media paid off. It was certainly time for an update. I am glad to hear that Detective Henderson is back in touch with Ames, in contrast to his last report. And I'm hoping that the evidence they are looking at daily will tell the story of Stephanie's disappearance soon.

I truly hope that Stephanie's family knows about the beautiful video Sasquatch made, and the efforts by total strangers to keep this case in the media.

You are welcome! Thank you, Lilibet! I am glad that this case is finally getting some more exposure again. I have to give a big thank you to the people who provided photos, music suggestions and other useful information to piece this video together. It took a few tries to get the final product that we wanted. But in the end, the final video provided a lot of information and new photos that could be seen in just one location. It was information that could be mobilized with the click of a mouse button. It is great that a lot of us were working as a team and contacting the media and other places for more information. We ended up finding out some new things from these reports, after a long period of silence.

Thank you for providing information from the local news stations and adding the links. All of the contact information is very useful as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni