IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

Attachments

• spierermap3.jpg
    spierermap3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 44
[Reposting this... ]

Here are a few ways to submit an anonymous tip:

1) Send an anonymous email: This can be done by following a few simple instructions: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/-anonymous-email-how-to,news-17511.html

2) If things like Proxy servers sound too techy: Walk into a library and send an anonymous email: http://anonymouse.org/anonemail.html
(Most public libraries don't monitor users or track internet use as a matter of principle, but you can check their privacy policies where you live to be sure).

3) Old School: Make an anonymous call to the tipline from a payphone

4) By mail: Use the anonymous PO box set up by the Spierers. If you want to be extra cautious,this post gives some suggestions and links to an earlier conversation on submitting anonymous tips: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

5) Call Crime Stoppers or submit an anonymous tip online: https://www.tipsubmit.com/webtips.as...D=655&DSID=655

Here's the anonymous tip website that Kadence posted:
http://wetip.com/

and last,

6) Consider the consequences of not being anonymous too. Stepping up and telling the truth carries a lot of weight. It's been said a million times because it's true: It's never too late to do the right thing!

helpfindlauren@gmail.com

Bloomington Police Department Tipline 812.339.4477

Find Lauren PO Box 1226 Bloomington, IN 47402

Akh, I have to admit: I find it curious about how quickly and ardently you refute posts about anonymous tips. Any particular reason?

I just think most people think like me and don't believe them to be truly anonymous and would be afraid to use those resources.

So when people question why someone doesn't at least step up to the plate and tell what they know anonymously I feel that is being naive.

These people would fear that. Especially a younger, computer savvy generation, that has learned all about cameras being everywhere not only from this case but from cases in the news.

And then there's the heightened expectations about what forensics can do.

In court prosecutors now fear juries when they can't present CSI TV type forensics that juries have come to expect.

So IMHO anyone wishing stay under the radar, either because they are involved or because they might know (or think they know) what happened but don't want to be seen as being disloyal (or whatever their reasoning might be to not want it known they pointed LE at someone), would fear that 'anonymous' tips can never truly be anonymous.

So to be surprised nobody has used that resource doesn't surprise me and IMO shouldn't surprise others either. Yet it seems that it does.

@akh I can't bring your quote over, but truly, if cameras were everywhere where people could make an anonymous tip then we would know where Lauren is. I do believe, imho, it is possible, even in this very technological age, to make an anonymous tip. Cameras, as evidenced in this case, are everywhere, but many times, not where they are needed. :( I hope someone takes advantage of the tip resources available.

We wouldn't have missing people if it is impossible to stay anonymous. I live in Houston, a huge city dominated by cameras for toll violators, red light runners, strip center and gas station surveillance. I guarantee you that I could, on my way home, be spotted by several cameras along my regular route home, and then fall off the radar on the back roads for at least 50 miles and drop an anonymous tip in a rural mail box or stop at a rural library and send a tip without being recorded. Then return to my house, via the back roads, and no one would ever know that I did not go straight home, but that I was in BFE sending an anonymous tip.

If a person really wanted to, they certainly could submit an anonymous tip. So if anyone out there (ahem, CR.. JR.. MB.. anyone...) is using that as an excuse not to submit a tip, they are simply making excuses.

I posted some ideas early on, and others did, too. It would take a bit of creativity, and a heaping spoonful each of energy and effort, but I've no doubt it can be done.

If LE hasn't figured out what happened to Lauren in over two years, I don't see them doing an all out, high tech search to find a tipster. JMO

@akh I can't bring your quote over, but truly, if cameras were everywhere where people could make an anonymous tip then we would know where Lauren is. I do believe, imho, it is possible, even in this very technological age, to make an anonymous tip. Cameras, as evidenced in this case, are everywhere, but many times, not where they are needed. :( I hope someone takes advantage of the tip resources available.

Let me backup a bit because maybe I wasn't clear enough. Yes, a tip could be anonymous in a given scenario. But my point is there is so much surveillance and tracking available these days, let alone real and imagined scenarios for forensics, that how could someone be certain their tip was really anonymous (and they are really in that 'given' scenario)?

Do people really know where all the cameras are and what views the cameras are catching? Even if building A doesn't have surveillance who is to say building B wouldn't have a camera that would catch someone leaving building A at the appropriate time and that is when/where a tip was traced back to? At this point I think most people assume they are probably on a camera more times than not in public.

Whether LE would utilize resources to track down a tipster is entirely another question. Honestly, if they got an accurate tip and it panned out, I think they then would spend resources trying to track down that anonymous tipster. More importantly I think any potential tipster would think that too. Therein lies the rub... Anyone wanting to avoid getting into trouble, even if they want to clear their mind, would worry that they'd simply be setting themselves up to be caught. I don't know how you get around that problem.

Even if a tip can arguably be made anonymously how can you convince a paranoid tipster that their fear is unfounded? That's really the hurdle I see. I think they already have that fear so nothing I'm saying is anything new to them even if they would read this.

Many tip lines guarantee anonymity.

*The Find Lauren tip line says that "All tips are anonymous".

* Organizations like Crime stoppers depend on anonymity. They do not take names or trace phone calls or web submissions. You can read the conditions on their website. If they didn't guarantee anonymity, they wouldn't still be around.

The link in my previous post no longer works. The crime stoppers link (#5) is: http://www.crimetips.org/

i agree with akh. it's not that those tip lines aren't "anonymous" it's simply that people are aware enough that "anonymous" doesn't always mean anonymous so some would be reluctant to submit a tip only to find out the "anonymous" tip line really isn't so anonymous.

even if you think that's a silly notion, why would you risk it if you are either involved in a crime or know more than you should? you're taking a huge risk either that le figures out who you are or that the other people involved in the crime figure out you phoned in a tip. i just don't see why anyone involved in a crime would take the just chance. my 2 cents.

Wow some people are so damn gloom and doom. Is our society really that untrustworthy now? I really have to question why anyone for any reason would try to persuade people AGAINST sending in a tip regarding a young girl who has been missing for TWO years.

Anonymous means Anonymous, there are honest people left on this planet, quite a few actually.

Many tip lines guarantee anonymity.

*The Find Lauren tip line says that "All tips are anonymous".

* Organizations like Crime stoppers depend on anonymity. They do not take names or trace phone calls or web submissions. You can read the conditions on their website. If they didn't guarantee anonymity, they wouldn't still be around.

The link in my previous post no longer works. The crime stoppers link (#5) is: http://www.crimetips.org/

And if it was a lie, and they weren't anonymous I don't think they can prosecute you. Maybe a lawyer would like to verify this- but that is my understanding.

"All we need for evil to prevail is for good women and men to do nothing."

And if it was a lie, and they weren't anonymous I don't think they can prosecute you. Maybe a lawyer would like to verify this- but that is my understanding.

I'm not 100% positive about this either but I think you may be right. Regardless, just think about it... if someone sent in a tip with the presumption of anonymity and LE or anybody else disregarded that presumption... well that would pretty much be the end of anonymous tip lines. It would be the same thing if a reward was offered and not payed out after prosecution... that would be the end of crimestoppers and other such organizations.
Anonymous tips are a hallmark of Law Enforcement, they are needed to find leads and hence solve crimes. An anonymous tip is an anonymous tip. Whoever has information that could bring light to this case, you have an opportunity to ease the pain and suffering for a number of people. Its time to do it, end this craziness.

Anonymous tips are a hallmark of Law Enforcement, they are needed to find leads and hence solve crimes. An anonymous tip is an anonymous tip. Whoever has information that could bring light to this case, you have an opportunity to ease the pain and suffering for a number of people. Its time to do it, end this craziness.

Agreed. Many cold cases are solved by anonymous tips years later. In cases like Lauren's, where there may be no more physical evidence for police to follow, anonymous tips can be what breaks the case.

Also, if you (you as in, whoever may be reading this) do have information involving what happened to Lauren in June 2011 or the whereabouts of her remains now, it would be a very selfless thing to ease her parents' pain and let them bring her home.

I think there is a great possibility that someone out there, who was not actually involved in Lauren's death or disposal, knows at least pieces of important information. Maybe someone who was not even involved in the events of that night at all. Any individual who is holding back critical pieces of information is, in my opinion, just as guilty of hurting Lauren and her family as the individuals who were present when she passed away.

In the year 2013, there are many "grey areas" regarding what is right and wrong. Not much is black and white anymore. BUT there is no grey area here. Anyone who has any piece of information about what may have happened to Lauren or where she may be should submit a tip. It is 100% the right thing to do.

A tip that cracks the case would be awesome.

But short of that... a simple pact of silence on the part of CR, some partial truth from MB mixed with "the story", and JR's concoction and you have what?

1) Possible forensic evidence that may take years to prove out.
2) Preponderance that points squarely at the 3
3) Silence from LE
4) Silence from POI's
5) Film footage that traces LS's bumpy night until she falls face down without blocking as though she is unconscious. From this point only 2 people admit seeing her. Both live at 5N, both could have walked her home 2 blocks but did not. There is no proof whatsoever that LS got up after that last fall, or was even alive.
6) Most likely she died, and may very well have died during that last known fall.
And in that case someone moved her body; who? how? and where?

Personally, I don't understand how anyone could have information that could help this case and not share it. I would not be able to sleep at night. In others, I've seen the effects of having a dirty conscience, of keeping secrets. It is ugly (literally and metaphorically) and unhealthy. It robs one's psyche and soul. It messes up your children, your family, your future. And you don't even have to try. You want to take it to your grave? Good luck with that.

Doing the right thing means just that.

My Thought Process is driving me crazy.

I keep repeating the same questions over and over in my head and I wonder how many others are doing the same. So, I thought I might list my questions and either get some answers or maybe create some new thoughts for others to consider. Besides the obvious "what happened to Lauren?" - In no certain order - Here's my list.

1. What was the condition Lauren's and Jesse Wolff's relationship? (why were they not together the night Lauren disappeared?)
2. What are the details on everybody's prior arrests?
3. Why was Corey Rossman Banned from Smallwood?
4. What was Zach Oake's connection to Jesse Wolff?
5. Did Police get everbody's phone records from that night?
6. Who all was present during the altercation at Smallwood?
7. Do video's show anyone following Corey and Lauren as they left after the altercation?
8. Were any of the known cameras and locations NOT working properly?
9. Were there any camera's which recorded Corey and Lauren's attempt to stop by Zoe Camp's apartment at ~3:00 am?
10. How credible is the "Bar Manager" that claims she saw Lauren sitting on the steps and hit her head at 3:38 am?
11. what are the details on the trip to Indy for the 500 Mile Race and overnight at the infield?
12. Where was Lauren's roommate staying - that she did not know that Lauren didn't make it home - until Jesse Called looking for her?
13. Did the Bloomington Police check into Jesse's claim that he was home on 9th street and had no Idea about Lauren's partying, the altercation or whereabouts?
14. Did the Bloomington Police confirm Rosenbaum's claims against the accounts of Beth and others staying over at Rosenbaum's apartment?
15. Did BPD confirm Rosenbaum's claim that he could see Lauren "round the corner onto college Ave?"
16. Who else was Identified on any and all the video surveillance tapes during the hours that Lauren went missing?
17. Who were Zoe Camp's Roommates and what were their statements?
18. Where - specifically - were Lauren's items found and could they have been tossed down from a window above the alley as opposed to being dropped by her?
19. How bad was Lauren's drug problem and how much was she in debt (if any at all) to any dealers (like those at 5N)?
20. Did Police search the personal computers of any or all of the POI's?

Given time, I'm sure I can come up with more but that's my first twenty.

A tip that cracks the case would be awesome.

But short of that... a simple pact of silence on the part of CR, some partial truth from MB mixed with "the story", and JR's concoction and you have what?

1) Possible forensic evidence that may take years to prove out.
2) Preponderance that points squarely at the 3
3) Silence from LE
4) Silence from POI's
5) Film footage that traces LS's bumpy night until she falls face down without blocking as though she is unconscious. From this point only 2 people admit seeing her. Both live at 5N, both could have walked her home 2 blocks but did not. There is no proof whatsoever that LS got up after that last fall, or was even alive.
6) Most likely she died, and may very well have died during that last known fall.
And in that case someone moved her body; who? how? and where?
When I think of an anonymous tip, it's the "where" that stands out in my mind. If Lauren's body is found, the answers to the other questions will start to fall in line. The problem is, that in all probability, only the individual(s) involved know the answer to "where", and also know that the discovery of Lauren's body will open a door on the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff