NY - Banksy photographed? Equipment failure may offer clue to artist "Robin Banks"

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
I find it touching that the Mail considers his real name may be "Robin Banks" (or "Robin Gunningham," lol). But it may be.

Is this Banksy? Elusive graffiti artist may have finally been caught out after his van broke down while installing artwork in New York
Reclusive graffiti artist Banksy has apparently been caught on camera overseeing the creation of one of his artworks in New York.

A man in a flat cap and paint-spattered overalls was photographed trying to fix a 'moving painting' in a van which had broken down, as part of the artist's month-long 'exhibition' in the U.S.

That person is now believed by several newspapers to be the elusive Banksy, who has never confirmed his identity and of whom no picture is definitely known to exist.
---
the story and the pictures at the link

I just want to say that I love Banksy.

Especially his first graffiti and artwork is marvelous and very critical of society, in a way that I like and can understand.

But if he's revealed? Will he face charges for vandalism in a lot of countries?

I watched the news report on this, earlier, with my mouth dropped open... envious. I would love to own a piece of his work, but I have to admit that had I been in NYC and saw the display, I would have assumed it was knockoffs and shied away from purchasing anything. I guess I need to learn to be more open-minded...

Exit Through the Gift Shop

[video=youtube;b-epHjOEPjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-epHjOEPjA[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine