1210 users online (227 members and 983 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,885

    Brother(44) & Sister(41) charged with incest~ ewwwww!

    A brother and sister have been charged with felony incest after Jefferson County deputies found them having sex earlier this month in Trafford, officials said.

    Ronald Stewart Howze, 44, of Trafford and Lori Ann Rotton, 41, of Smyrna, Ga., remain jailed, with bond set at $50,000 each. Rotton makes her first court appearance in the case Thursday. Howze appeared in court last week to get a lawyer and returns in May for a preliminary hearing, records show. If convicted, they face up to 10 years in prison.


    Authorities said Howze's wife telephoned deputies and, when they arrived, pointed them to a home in the 2300 block of Gurley Road on April 7 just after midnight. A deputy saw the siblings having intercourse in the wife's bedroom.

    The deputy asked Howze to stop, get dressed and step outside, said Sgt. Randy Christian, spokesman for the sheriff's office. The deputy opened the door after a minute and saw they had not stopped, Christian said.

    "At that point (Howze) stopped and stated, `I guess I'm going to jail,'" Christian said.

    The siblings told authorities they knew they were related and confirmed that they were having sex, Christian said, reading from the incident report. Both had been drinking.

    http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnew...1010148380.xml

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Madison AL
    Posts
    397
    Guess they like to keep it in the family

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Posts
    1,132
    I guess the woman intends to live up to her last name.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    97
    springer here they come...............

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,649
    Most people have had too much to drink at one time or another in their lives. But just how drunk do you have to be to think your brother is "lookin' good tonite." That's plain nasty. Yep, this IS Springer material.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Mom
    Most people have had too much to drink at one time or another in their lives. But just how drunk do you have to be to think your brother is "lookin' good tonite." That's plain nasty. Yep, this IS Springer material.
    LOL My brother lives with me and never, not once did I think oh baby! YUCK! YUCK!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,085
    My guess is that the brother started molesting his sister when they were both young. Given their ages (Brother 44 and Sister 41) it's likely this has been going on between them for at least 30 years. Sad. And iccky.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    Quote Originally Posted by CozyReader
    My guess is that the brother started molesting his sister when they were both young. Given their ages (Brother 44 and Sister 41) it's likely this has been going on between them for at least 30 years. Sad. And iccky.
    It is the same thing I posted on another forum. Generational abuse and behaviors passing from one generation to another...always denied or ignored. And always setting a precedent to the next generation.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,114
    this reminds me of that book, 'flowers in the attic.'

    this is a perfect example of how screwed up our laws are:
    on the ride home from a jets game, a principle in nj sexually assaults a 13 year old. she is a passenger along with two other male adults and a 10 year old girl. one male even witnessed the principle expose himself to the girl. and does nothing about it?
    "Frank Mobilio of Wantage faces one count of criminal sexual contact and one count of endangering the welfare of a child. the 45-year-old married father of three is free on $20,000 bail... the two crimes carry a maximum penalty of 6 1/2 years in prison."

    a brother and sister get caught doing it - a felony with bail set at $50,000 and could face TEN years in prison?
    I mean pleeeease! it's insane

    I say let 'em drink themselves silly and copulate their brains out, we need that jail space for the REAL criminals - aka peds

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Mae
    this reminds me of that book, 'flowers in the attic.'

    this is a perfect example of how screwed up our laws are:
    on the ride home from a jets game, a principle in nj sexually assaults a 13 year old. she is a passenger along with two other male adults and a 10 year old girl. one male even witnessed the principle expose himself to the girl. and does nothing about it?
    "Frank Mobilio of Wantage faces one count of criminal sexual contact and one count of endangering the welfare of a child. the 45-year-old married father of three is free on $20,000 bail... the two crimes carry a maximum penalty of 6 1/2 years in prison."

    a brother and sister get caught doing it - a felony with bail set at $50,000 and could face TEN years in prison?
    I mean pleeeease! it's insane

    I say let 'em drink themselves silly and copulate their brains out, we need that jail space for the REAL criminals - aka peds
    Thats just it Izzy Mae. Now I know you weren't born yesterday but puhlease put two and two together here - copulation amongst siblings is ONE of the very reasons crimes happen. Its has something to do with that relative/first generation factor that so many criminals use in order to plead innocent for their crimes.

    On the other hand, I can't help but wonder if all this inter-comingling has something to do with all these screwed up people in the world.?

    JMO

    DS


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Other End
    Posts
    25,761
    Quote Originally Posted by CozyReader
    My guess is that the brother started molesting his sister when they were both young. Given their ages (Brother 44 and Sister 41) it's likely this has been going on between them for at least 30 years. Sad. And iccky.
    Agree, at that age you would think they would NO BETTER! Drinking or no drinking. People use drinking as an excuse a bit too much for bad behavior.


    This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadows
    Thats just it Izzy Mae. Now I know you weren't born yesterday but puhlease put two and two together here - copulation amongst siblings is ONE of the very reasons crimes happen. Its has something to do with that relative/first generation factor that so many criminals use in order to plead innocent for their crimes.

    On the other hand, I can't help but wonder if all this inter-comingling has something to do with all these screwed up people in the world.?

    JMO

    DS
    I agree with others. my thought reading into the article... a sick past history in sexual abuse - even sicker if the brother used his cancer as a sympathy plea for one last roll. this could be the underlying case. who knows. that wasn't the point I was trying to make though.

    what the article read, was a cop had to ask a middle aged brother and sister, both drunk as skunks, twice, to quit screwing their brains out ... the knob jiggle and door opening, apparently wasn't enough. in the eyes of the law, they committed a crime. period. no argument there.

    the issue I have is over disproportionate sentencing. why is it this man, charged with TWO crimes, 1. sexually molesting a young girl and 2. child endangerment, gets off easier? both of his crimes combined only carry a prison sentence up to 6 1/2 years with bail set at $20,000 while this incestuous couple, having consensual sex, face a felony charge set at $50,000 bail with a prison sentence up to TEN years?
    forget about independent state laws and look at our nation, our laws in general - they're screwed up and pathetic. I wish someone could convince me otherwise.

    DK, you said,"copulation amongst siblings is ONE of the very reasons crimes happen. Its has something to do with that relative/first generation factor that so many criminals use in order to plead innocent for their crimes. while it may be ONE of the reasons crimes happen, it's certainly not the ONLY (or the majority) reason.
    however, if inter-commingling IS the culprit for the majority of these heinous crimes being committed, I'd like to see proof.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,423
    They weren't Peterson's were they...that could explain alot.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Mae
    I agree with others. my thought reading into the article... a sick past history in sexual abuse - even sicker if the brother used his cancer as a sympathy plea for one last roll. this could be the underlying case. who knows. that wasn't the point I was trying to make though.

    what the article read, was a cop had to ask a middle aged brother and sister, both drunk as skunks, twice, to quit screwing their brains out ... the knob jiggle and door opening, apparently wasn't enough. in the eyes of the law, they committed a crime. period. no argument there.

    the issue I have is over disproportionate sentencing. why is it this man, charged with TWO crimes, 1. sexually molesting a young girl and 2. child endangerment, gets off easier? both of his crimes combined only carry a prison sentence up to 6 1/2 years with bail set at $20,000 while this incestuous couple, having consensual sex, face a felony charge set at $50,000 bail with a prison sentence up to TEN years?
    forget about independent state laws and look at our nation, our laws in general - they're screwed up and pathetic. I wish someone could convince me otherwise.

    DK, you said,"copulation amongst siblings is ONE of the very reasons crimes happen. Its has something to do with that relative/first generation factor that so many criminals use in order to plead innocent for their crimes. while it may be ONE of the reasons crimes happen, it's certainly not the ONLY (or the majority) reason.
    however, if inter-commingling IS the culprit for the majority of these heinous crimes being committed, I'd like to see proof.
    And to top it all off, the brother and sister were adults. There was no question here of someone being taken advantage of. I agree Izzy Mae. The laws on sentencing are screwy. Sadly for most states you get less time if you assault a child than anyone else. Esp. if it is your own child.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,380
    IMO Incest is HORRIBLE and I in no way condone it *HOWEVER* They are two adults and the sex was admittedly consensual so I do agree that the charge/bail/possible sentence is extreme.They have been shamed in public,will likely get ditched by their spouses and live with this "black mark" on their persons FOREVER.I think thats punishment enough.

    They are adults-EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW.Cant it be left at that? OR just fine them.I think its a waste of the Court's time AND Taxpayer's money to pursue it,imo.



    I do agree however that they likely did begin having sex with each other as children and they are caught up in a sick ,twisted cycle that even as adults ,married to others(and likely having kids) they cant stop.They need help and to be pitied but punished for up to 10 years in jail? No .



    On a side note though for Dark Knight:
    A guy I dated in College come to find out had an incestous relationship with his sister that they continued into adulthood.He had ALOT of problems(alcohol,drugs and sexual addiction.He was also molested as a child) and I have worried about him over the years as being a possible potential sex offender so I agree with you about that DK and although I dont have any statistics Im on board 100% with you about this cycle spiraling into further abuse and perversion. I DID NOT KNOW THIS WHEN WE DATED.I found out after and was REALLY creeped out because his sister was always "visiting".

    He ,btw,was in the psych.dept working towards a PHD!!!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...



Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY MLK Jr.'s Pal Charged With Incest
    By White Rain in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2016, 09:22 AM