1362 users online (264 members and 1098 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdancer View Post
    But even if somebody cannot be cleared through the investigation, it does not in anyway imply that they are guilty.

You probably couldn't rule out half of the residents and tourists in the town at the time! Anyone who was home alone for example couldn't be ruled out, because they have no witnesses to corroborate that they stayed home and didn't go down to the holiday apartments to abduct Madeleine.
    True, and conversely even if somebody cannot be proven guilty it doesn't mean he didn't actually do it. It just shows that we don't know who did it yet.

The chances are that more people are innocent than not but for someone that assumption would be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    True, and conversely even if somebody cannot be proven guilty it doesn't mean he didn't actually do it. It just shows that we don't know who did it yet.

The chances are that more people are innocent than not but for someone that assumption would be wrong.
    Absolutely!

However, everyone is entitled to be legally considered innocent unless they are proven guilty and to have a fair trial.

I hope that the right person(s) is eventually found guilty and appropriately punished for this crime, whoever they are.

Absolutely!

However, everyone is entitled to be legally considered innocent unless they are proven guilty and to have a fair trial.

I hope that the right person(s) is eventually found guilty and appropriately punished for this crime, whoever they are.
    There is no disagreement about that. I just think that implying that the investigators' inability to solve a case and prove anyone guilty means that so-and-so is innocent is basically an argument from ignorance, a logical fallacy. We would need the police to be able (and willing) to clear people or find the guilty party but frequently they aren't.

Responding to my own earlier question, the context of the quote is :

http://www.smh.com.au/world/madelein...015-2vjcz.html

The interviewer:
    "Do you always feel conscious that there is a Madeleine shaped hole there?"
    Gerry:
    When it's special occasion, when you should be your happiest, and Madeleine's not there, that's when it really hits home. Obviously, Madeleine's birthday, that goes without saying...
    Then Kate talks about family occasions when you don't have your complete family.

That sickens me. My friend's 7 year old daughter was killed 21 years ago. There isn't a day that she doesn't yearn to have her back. She has never had justice for her death and is fighting tirelessly to get the killer brought to justice. How can they say they miss her on special occasions? They should be missing her every day!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...barely-2371909

Madeleine McCann Crimewatch appeal 'barely watched' in Portuguese village of Praia de Luz
    14 Oct 2013 22:00
    In the village where Maddie disappeared, there was anger over the new influx of media and a desire to "move on" from the events of 2007

C

There is lots of material about Madeleine with her parents.

A nightmare reconstructed: New video of Madeleine's last hours with her parents is released as McCanns launch Crimewatch appeal to find their missing daughter six years after she disappeared
    Footage to be aired on episode of BBC Crimewatch tomorrow night
    Programme will include a reenactment of tennis game with her parents
    E-fits of men seen in and around Praia da Luz will also be released
    Scotland Yard says it is the most detailed reconstruction yet

Perhaps it's just me being dumb but I have no idea how knowing what kind of a bed she slept in is going to help anyone help find her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2hc9NUGos
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    The allegation was at the time, the bed didn't actually looked slept in.

Listening to Kate talk on the new Crimewatch show, she describes cuddling with Madeleine on the bed while she read her a story.

The bed that is hardly ruffled.

Also, the reconstruction shows two single beds, both unmade...my first thought was "who was in the other one?"
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Kate McCann told “Crimewatch” that she had persecuted herself for years over the decision to eat out that night.

“But ultimately it’s not us that’s committed this crime. It’s the person who’s gone into that apartment and taken a little girl away from her family,” she said.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle14865444/

Quote Originally Posted by Morag View Post
    ..it was added to the Mirror site at 21:37 UK time this evening. Among other things, it claims that the Smiths provided information for the e-fits in 2008.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...meline-2372091

In September 2008 a team of private investigators produce two e-fit images of the man seen by the Smiths but they are not made public until this week.
    Martin Smith was very very specific about who he saw that night!!

The system must be different in America then. My apologies, I am unfamiliar with the American legal system. However, in the EU where the crime actually occurred they are not persons of interest because the term doesn't exist here.

They now have no legal status in the investigation apart from as parents of the victim (ie Madeleine).
    The police have said they do not believe she was kidnappened as there is no evidence to prove that at all. The dogs hit in the apartment and apparently no one had been reported as dieing in that apartment. The dog hit on various items in the apartment and car. They are not looking at anyone else in connection with what happened Madeleine. The problem is some times LE may know who they think committed a crime but cant prove who did or what happened so a prosecution would be pointless.

JMO but it is in fact a bit about clearing people too, not just proving people guilty because it helps to narrow the field and the prosecutor is happier if the police can actually clear the victim's family and other interested parties who the defense might bring up as alternative theories, not just shrug and say that they haven't been proven guilty, so there.
    Well it normally helps LE to clear the family if they answer there questions but..there you go that didn't happen in this case or at least not with Kate.

At about 13:12 in the reconstruction there's a "Jane Tanner" looking at the man she saw carrying a child. If this reconstruction happens to be in any way accurate she was too far and it was too dark and the lights distorted the colors too much that she had no way of taking in all the liney bits and the decorative detail of the pajamas imo. Oh well, it doesn't matter any more.

But she does not pass Gerry and Jez in the recon.

I don't really understand why both Gerry and Kate were so obsessive about the door. They both notice how much it was open and close it again. Why? What does it matter whether the door to the children's bedroom is open two inches or ten if everyone inside is fast asleep and couldn't care less?

[QUOTE=Morag;9900034]I went back to look at some of my old posts, and found this, which I had totally forgotten about.

If true, this changes everything. It explains the random leaving the table to check on the kids- each couple was removing their children from the McCann apartment. And if this is true, it means that they mostly knew Madeleine had died or was in extremis at some point. What they probably didn't know was how it was going to play out.

http://timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk...cle2621809.ece

Quote:
    However, a source within the investigation was quoted by 24 Horas as saying: “It’s not only the collected evidence that points to the fact that there were more children inside that [the McCanns'] apartment.

“Evidence also exists, following the interrogations to the other people who that were at the Ocean Club, that only the McCanns’ apartment was visited by the people who attended the dinner.”

I've always thought that the truth of what happened is known to a majority of the Tapas group. And looking back over only my own posts, I came across the part about the elderly British woman who lived upstairs. Not only did she hear Madeleine and one of the twins weeping the previous evening, she heard them the night of the abduction as well. So how could the Tapas 'listening squad' not have heard them when doing their checks?

I certainly have a theory about what happened, and I had it at the very beginning.[/QUOTE]

bbm

Morag, please share your theory! I have not been following this case, so am very interested in hearing from someone who has been folowing it from the beginning. TIA!
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

I find that Redwood is being a little disingenious when he says that he says the photo of the man in the street is uncannily similar to the sketch JT drew... The hair is different (perhaps he had a different haircut six years ago), the the only real similarity in the clothes is that the trousers are a lighter shade than the top, the face is non-existent in the sketch... The posture is similar but hello, that is because he purposefully posed in a similar manner to replicate the sketch. You could photograph any number of dudes with a somewhat similar build and get the same effect.

At about 13:12 in the reconstruction there's a "Jane Tanner" looking at the man she saw carrying a child. If this reconstruction happens to be in any way accurate she was too far and it was too dark and the lights distorted the colors too much that she had no way of taking in all the liney bits and the decorative detail of the pajamas imo. Oh well, it doesn't matter any more.

But she does not pass Gerry and Jez in the recon.
    It wasn't a reconstruction in any technical sense and it's misleading of Crimewatch to call it a reconstruction. It was just a dramatisation of selected events for TV.

As far as I'm aware, there hasn't yet been a proper reconstruction of the alleged events using the timings and accounts of the Tapas 9. Something that should be done properly.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast