1304 users online (228 members and 1076 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

UK - William, 85, & Patricia Wycherley, 63, murdered, Mansfield, May 1998

weird. if it wasn't them where are they and if it was who is sending the xmas cards?
    The mystery over the identity of two bodies unearthed by police in the back garden of a suburban house deepened yesterday after it emerged that the elderly couple who once lived there were still sending Christmas cards to relatives as recently as 2009.

Detectives excavated the garden at the semi-detached property in Forest Town, Mansfield, last week after learning of an ‘incident’ around 15 years ago.

There were reports yesterday that the bodies were those of William Wycherley and his wife Patricia, who had lived at the house until the late 1990s when, according to neighbours, they suddenly ‘disappeared’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2hcT9H700
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    BBM

Hm. Odd. What do we suspect happened here? Particularly chary if the Christmas card info is correct.
    Que sçay-je?

This is so odd.

If they have been formally identified as this couple it had to be someone close enough to know names/address' for the cards.

Reminds me of an episode of brookside,burying the body under the patio

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Hm. Odd. What do we suspect happened here? Particularly chary if the Christmas card info is correct.
    Well I suppose its someone who wanted people to think they were still alive but wouldn't they have a person close enough to miss them the other 11 months of the year.

Other thing is they killed another couple and went on the run>?

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    Weird.

Unless the Christmas card thing is a mistake. Perhaps the relative remembered incorrectly?

Christmas cards get sent all the time without a speck of handwriting on them but most have handwriting. Wonder what these cards looked like.

Edited: Oops, never hurts to read the article. I see they were signed. Handwriting should tell the tale, but that could get sticky.

I wonder how personal they seemed. Maybe they used a card sending service?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

There are a bunch of articles online - story broke two days ago - but I haven't found one yet that says much about the cards or if they were signed, had messages, etc., or if anyone got them besides family - who, according to DM article, say these aren't their bodies. #hinky
    Que sçay-je?

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    There are a bunch of articles online - story broke two days ago - but I haven't found one yet that says much about the cards or if they were signed, had messages, etc., or if anyone got them besides family - who, according to DM article, say these aren't their bodies. #hinky
    Well someone buried two people in their garden so if its not them, did they murder the couple?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySifaka View Post
    Well someone buried two people in their garden so if its not them, did they murder the couple?
    They appear to be basing their "That's not them, it couldn't be" on their allegedly having gotten the Christmas cards. I think they're in a little corner in terms of where they can go from here story-wise, now, as, as you say, somebody put the bodies, there, regardless of their identities.
    Que sçay-je?

I would have to ask, who is living there now. If they just up and disappeared how did the lady(who ever she is) that is renting the house out now know they wouldn't just show back up again. jmo idk
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    I would have to ask, who is living there now. If they just up and disappeared how did the lady(who ever she is) that is renting the house out now know they wouldn't just show back up again. jmo idk
    Were they renting?
    If they stopped paying rent for long enough I suppose the landlord would have been within their rights to get another tenant. And if someone was sending Christmas cards for them they could have sent a notice to their landlord too.

If the people in the garden were the owners and someone sold the house for them they have things to explain..

What about their furniture and stuff? If they were dead in the garden did somebody clear their stuff out of the house or did people think they emigrated without taking anything with them?

PATRICIA D WYCHERLEY AGED 79 and WILLIAM G WYCHERLEY AGED 90 of 2 BLENHEIM CLOSE, FOREST TOWN, MANSFIELD, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE maybe the couple that human remains belong too.

SUSAN L BRAMLEY aged 45 is the current owner of these house...

the couple may have been killed for the process of the sale of the house or some kinda of fraud concerning that house.

Reports are saying that family members of Patricia and William have been receiving christmas cards going back to 2009 period and that Susan Bramley the current occupier is renting the place since 2006 but she is not been linked to these human remains.

The house was sold in 2006 to a unknown person then Susan Bramley rented from the landlord whoever that maybe so something happened between 2009 and the late 90's concerning this case.

Was the current resident of the house not receiving Christmas cards addressed to Mr and Mrs Wycherley in return?

Although, then again, maybe she'd just have had them redirected. Who knows. What a very odd story.

I wonder if they were getting SS benefits and if so, where were they being sent.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast