1542 users online (312 members and 1230 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Everyone seems so awed that it looks a lot like Gerry... and it does...

But I don't know why we're shocked. We always knew that if the Smiths did an e-fit it would end up looking like Gerry. That's what they said they thought the guy looked like to begin with so they were not going to describe someone who doesn't resemble GM.

I thin it might be broadcast in other countries later since this is getting a lot of attention in the news but it's a case from six years ago so many networks probably don't consider it so urgent that they'd go out of their way to take something else off their broadcasting schedule to make room for this immediately. And it takes some time to subtitle or dub these things.

What's important is that SY are saying this is "new information".

I suspect they've found someone or something that supports the Smith's sighting, or maybe just the timeline of it.

There were other people around PDL that night, after all.

I'm only guessing.

What's clear is the timeline has now shifted, which means the timeline provided by the McCanns is wrong, which means that everything they said is now wrong.

Omigod I'm so surprised. NOT.

Blind Freddy could work this out, Amaral states it in his book, it's no mystery that the stories made no sense.

I always thought the Smiths saw Gerry.

ETA: things have moved very quickly after the cell phone pings were examined.

The McCanns deleted their call registers before they handed their phones over so the PJ never got these records.

New information right there.
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

The timeline has shifted because the man in the Tanner sighting has been traced. Nothing to do with the McCann's story.

Why has it taken six years to trace a man getting his daughter from the night creche????

Couldn't the creche workers tell which kids they had that night? I thought those things would have to keep records so that they'd know which children belong to which parents and what time everyone gets picked up.

No idea. All I know is what the police man said on Crimewatch - that they'd traced a man who had picked up his 2 year old daughter from the night creche around the same time as the Tanner sighting, questioned him, compared him with the Tanner photofit, and compared his daughter and her pyjamas with Madeliene and what she was wearing.

They seem under no doubt that he was the man Tanner saw.

Tanner story is past now.. fortunately. Now it's time to catch the parents lying. It smells like a family set-up right there. Tanner changed her story like 5 times and even changed the direction the "abductor" was walking. JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE!

Tanner wasn't lying, they've traced the man she saw.

According to the Crimewatch presenter, several different people have already called in with the same name in response to the e fit.

Kate sounded the alarm at ten.

This guy was seen at ten.

That means that Kate was there when he took Madeleine. He must've been actually there in the apartment at 9.55. If she looked for Madeleine as she'd claimed, she would have found him in the wardrobe.

Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    KISS

Why are you saying the guy was seen at ten? It was the Tanner sighting that was at ten, and he's been traced and eliminated as a suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    Why are you saying the guy was seen at ten? It was the Tanner sighting that was at ten, and he's been traced and eliminated as a suspect.
    Tanner sighting was at around 9.15. The Smith family saw a man walking to the beach at around 10pm and that's the correct timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
    Kate sounded the alarm at ten.

This guy was seen at ten.

That means that Kate was there when he took Madeleine. He must've been actually there in the apartment at 9.55. If she looked for Madeleine as she'd claimed, she would have found him in the wardrobe.

However did you arrive at that conclusion?

He wasn't seen in the apartment, it was a little farther away, as far as I can tell and who knows how long he took to get there. He could even have been molesting Madeleine in his hotel room for a while before going to the beach to dump her body in the sea.

There can be several things going on around the same time in different locations.

(Or it could have been another father carrying his tired daughter...)

Quote Originally Posted by thisiseku View Post
    Tanner sighting was at around 9.15. The Smith family saw a man walking to the beach at around 10pm and that's the correct timeline.
    Oh sorry, my bad. That wasn't really made clear in the CW broadcast though, I was paying attention and I got the impression it was the other way around.

There were two men strolling around PDL that evening, with sleeping/deceased daughters in their arms.

One, an innocent uninvolved fellow at 9.15.

Tanner obviously saw him, but why did she identify the child as Madeleine? Who knows...probably for the same reason she identified the guy as Murat. Once you start lying, you have to keep going.

Second guy at 10pm is the one with the efits, the one who looks exactly like Gerry, the one who the Smiths saw and identified as Gerry.

KISS

This latest information makes me suspect that Gerry was heading out the back with the body at the exact same time Kate started screaming.

Ok, I'll leave this way, you create a distraction out front.

KISS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast