948 users online (172 members and 776 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Right, got it now. That's what happens when I'm posting on WS and watching Crimewatch at the same time.

Anyway, in the update, they said several callers had given the same name for the e fit man.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
    Tanner obviously saw him, but why did she identify the child as Madeleine? Who knows...probably for the same reason she identified the guy as Murat. Once you start lying, you have to keep going.

Maybe because she genuinely felt it could have been?

So if Gerry took Maddie's body away, when was he seen again? How much time did he have to dump the body?

Tanner never ever gave a 100% Id she just ssud what she saw. A man carrying s child. Who has now been traced and interviewed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

Quote Originally Posted by thisiseku View Post
    Because Tanner claimed the man to be Murat and the girl to be Madeleine.
    And when the police compared the actual man to the photofit they'd done with Tanner, they said the resemblance was "uncanny", so presumably he bears a resemblance to Murat too. The child was also a little blonde girl wearing similar pyjamas to Madeliene.

A witness can be genuinely mistaken about who they saw, its not always lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    And when the police compared the actual man to the photofit they'd done with Tanner, they said the resemblance was "uncanny", so presumably he bears a resemblance to Murat too. The child was also a little blonde girl wearing similar pyjamas to Madeliene.

A witness can be genuinely mistaken about who they saw, its not always lying.
    Which photofit? The Eggman or this dude?

Or there is a third portrait done with Tanner I don't know about?

Seriously, Tanner changed her story so many times she has zero credibility in my eyes. Zero.
    What do you fear most... in the world?
    The possibility that love is not enough
    Twin Peaks

Murat does not resemble JT's sketch that much, though...

MOO

Quote Originally Posted by Hexe View Post

Seriously, Tanner changed her story so many times she has zero credibility in my eyes. Zero.
    I thought that mustached fella wasn't Tanner's, it was somebody else. She said she never saw a frontal view of the face.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...ss_786291c.jpg

Tanners original sketch was an Egg with Hair.

Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    I thought that mustached fella wasn't Tanner's, it was somebody else. She said she never saw a frontal view of the face.
    Yes, but she also stated the mustached fella resembled the guy she saw. My point is, the dude could not resemble both Murat and the creep with a mustache fom the sketch. Someone is lying.
    Twin Peaks

This argument is now obsolete. They've traced a man who was at the place where Tanner saw a man, at the time she saw him, and who was carrying a 2 year old girl wearing similar pj's to Madeliene's.

The Tanner sighting is no longer relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    This argument is now obsolete. They've traced a man who was at the place where Tanner saw a man, at the time she saw him, and who was carrying a 2 year old girl wearing similar pj's to Madeliene's.

The Tanner sighting is no longer relevant.
    I'd say it is relevant, because she was lying for some reason. Why would anyone lied in such a situation?
    Twin Peaks

Like all the best lies, it has a kernel of truth.

The Smiths confirmed that it was common to see parents walking with sleeping children around PDL at that time of night. Not many folks have cars and the distances are very short anyway, tourists are about at odd hours (jet lag).

Tanner probably did see some guy with his daughter, and then used it to base her allegations on. Did Crimewatch confirm the exact timing she saw this guy, or explain why Gerry and Jez did not see him? Apparently she saw a father carrying a sleeping child, but did Crimewatch confirm when? Why didn't the PJ find this father earlier?

This explains the pause in between seeing the guy and telling LE about him - about two hours.

She knew all along her sighting wasn't of Madeleine but used it for a red herring, probably at the insistence of the overwhelming Gerry.

Heck they probably had all seen sleeping babies being carried by parents, all holiday, every night they left Tapas someone probably walked past them picking up their own child from the night creche. It was a common sight.

It could have been part of the plot "there's so many parents doing this, we wont stand out".

These people, while woefully short in common sense, are not exactly stupid. This is part of a "pact" and someone clever thought up answers to everything.

Except of course, the Smiths...the one aspect that couldn't be foreseen.

Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

I'd say it is relevant, because she was lying for some reason. Why would anyone lied in such a situation?
    How was she lying? We know the man exists, he's been traced.

I just watched the UK Crime Watch program. I do not suspect the parents for a second.
    I DO think there is something major about to come down the pipe though...with all this new media attention.
    My impression was that they are not looking at the men profiled as 'suspects' but rather ruling them out.

I pray that my gut feeling is right and that she is still alive.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast