1007 users online (113 members and 894 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    How was she lying? We know the man exists, he's been traced.
    Trace all the versions of her story and you will see. The direction the man headed to was changing, the details about his looks... We heard about a swarthy foreigner, then we heard that the man looked like Murat (who is not swarthy at all) and headed toward Murat's house, when at first she stated he went the opposite way... Basically she saw a man with multiple faces and looks, heading in two directions at once. I know that the human memory is fallible, but these were not mistakes, too many of them and too... well, opposite, too contrast for that.
    What do you fear most... in the world?
    The possibility that love is not enough
    Twin Peaks

And did you hear all these different versions in police reports or tabloid reports? Because the latter aren't exactly reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexe View Post
    Trace all the versions of her story and you will see. The direction the man headed to was changing, the details about his looks... We heard about a swarthy foreigner, then we heard that the man looked like Murat (who is not swarthy at all) and headed toward Murat's house, when at first she stated he went the opposite way... Basically she saw a man with multiple faces and looks, heading in two directions at once. I know that the human memory is fallible, but these were not mistakes, too many of them and too... well, opposite, too contrast for that.
    She actually positively identified the man as Robert Murat...to the police, officially.

As far as confirming her story, exactly how much of it was confirmed?

The timing? Or just the presence of a man taking his daughter home sometime that night?

The reason I ask is that the PJ were all over those crèche records, and never once suspected Tanner saw a parent - or if they suspected it, they ruled it out.

Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

The time was confirmed, as was the place. According to the SY officer interviewed on CW anyway.

Tanner's sighting in which she "knew" it was Madeleine and where she swore it was Murat has been discredited!

"Officers said a man seen carrying a child by the McCanns' friend Jane Tanner at 9.15pm was now believed to be an innocent British holiday maker collecting his two-year-old daughter from a nearby creche."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24528530

Yep . Question is how come PJ didn't pick this up at the time. What else did they miss. Pretty basic stuff

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

Quote Originally Posted by gord View Post
    Yep . Question is how come PJ didn't pick this up at the time. What else did they miss. Pretty basic stuff

I think they picked up more than we think but if you have someone on the phone to the British Prime Minister when you are searching for his disappeared daughter it causes problems. The McCanns haven't been exactly helpful in the investigation have they?

Quote Originally Posted by blefuscu View Post
    Tanner's sighting in which she "knew" it was Madeleine and where she swore it was Murat has been discredited!

"Officers said a man seen carrying a child by the McCanns' friend Jane Tanner at 9.15pm was now believed to be an innocent British holiday maker collecting his two-year-old daughter from a nearby creche."

Quote from the link above:

Officers said a man seen carrying a child by the McCanns' friend Jane Tanner at 9.15pm was now believed to be an innocent British holiday maker collecting his two-year-old daughter from a nearby creche.

Det Ch Insp Andy Redwood said: "Our focus in terms of understanding what happened on the night of 3 May has now given us a shift of emphasis. We are almost certain that the man seen by Jane Tanner is not Madeleine's abductor.
    Almost certain. Now I would love to know how well they confirmed it, especially the time. Because we still have that teeny weeny bit of a problem with Jeremy Wilkins and Gerry McCann himself, who were on the street at the time Jane allegedly saw the man with the child, and they saw noone. And with the girl, smoking on a balcony, who saw Jeremy and McCann, but not Jane, nor anybody else.

So I suppose police found the man who actually was carrying his child on this street, but, well, the times do not stick together, that's why Mr. Redwood said "almost".
    What do you fear most... in the world?
    The possibility that love is not enough
    Twin Peaks

The case wasn't straight forward. But you would have thought all holiday makers would have been traced and interviewed.you know find out where they were at specific times . Police work sort of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hexe View Post
    Quote from the link above:

Almost certain. Now I would love to know how well they confirmed it, especially the time. Because we still have that teeny weeny bit of a problem with Jeremy Wilkins and Gerry McCann himself, who were on the street at the time Jane allegedly saw the man with the child, and they saw noone. And with the girl, smoking on a balcony, who saw Jeremy and McCann, but not Jane, nor anybody else.

So I suppose police found the man who actually was carrying his child on this street, but, well, the times do not stick together, that's why Mr. Redwood said "almost".
    It might be interesting to know what the man JT saw saw. (But perhaps he wasn't paying much attention. )

I don't think the Smith sighting was ever not taken seriously only that the police had ruled out it was Gerry. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Still seeing lots of misinformation regarding the Smith sighting. Sick of posting the same information from the police files over and over again.

If people read Martin Smith's statement you would see that he didn't swear it was Gerry he said he was 60-80% sure. He did not say at any time that he was 100% sure it was Gerry (baring in mind he didn't see his face). He himself says he could be 20-40% wrong. Only his wife agreed. 2 other people in the group didn't believe it was Gerry.

I'm sure Redwood said on crime watch that it was the Smith family who had provided the e-fit. Seeing as Martin Smith did not see the mans face we can assume that the 2 people in the Smith party who didn't believe it was Gerry are the 2 people that actually saw this mans face and gave the e-fit.

[QUOTE=thisiseku;9899159]That makes perfect sense if the "abductor" is Gerry. What's so strange about dad carrying his daughter, right? No one knew her condition

Gerry at 10 was reported with the 9 at dinner and Kate who found her missing. It could not of been Gerry. Especially at that time. I need to find the article but when They saw a picture of Gerry coming off a plane with one of twins one of the smiths said yeah that's how this suspect was holding her. So I think it turned into Gerry is the guy!!

[quote=Nvgirl;9905653]
    Quote Originally Posted by thisiseku View Post
    That makes perfect sense if the "abductor" is Gerry. What's so strange about dad carrying his daughter, right? No one knew her condition

Gerry at 10 was reported with the 9 at dinner and Kate who found her missing. It could not of been Gerry. Especially at that time. I need to find the article but when They saw a picture of Gerry coming off a plane with one of twins one of the smiths said yeah that's how this suspect was holding her. So I think it turned into Gerry is the guy!!
    The timeline was actually somewhat fluid, with a minute or five here and there which might not be perfectly estimated or reported. It would certainly have been possible for Gerry to slip away on the pretense of looking for Madeleine and then to be in a place to encounter the Smiths.

I would imagine it was fairly chaotic from 10 until the police were rung for at 10:40, and it's unlikely that all of the Tapas group sat in the McCann apartment looking at each other. Some may have been out looking- and some were almost certainly tending to- or protecting- their own small children. I don't know what happened, but there has been a certain amount of withholding of information by all the Tapas group.

Quote Originally Posted by blefuscu View Post

Actually surprised she clocked Murat as his double is David Payne who was in the group. Specially the second photo...

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PAYNEMURAT.htm

Just on a different note, its so odd to me that parents are seen carrying their children around at 9.15pm in very early May in Portugal just wearing thin pyjamas crikey its cold at night wouldnt you cover them up?

The average is around 13c. It was that in England where i am during the day and i was really cold, wearing a jumper and coat.

Also didnt it rain a bit as well which would make it damp and cold.

Even this guy moving his child from the creche was not covered up and was sound asleep in the freezing cold air, kind of throws out drugged scenario doesnt it ..... or did it actually happen like that sigh.....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast