Identified! UK - Bolton, Female, 18-25, found in woods, Oct'13 - Rebecca May

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ewellery-belongings-found-decomposing-6183224

The woman was approximately 18-25 years old, probably white, 5ft2 to 5ft4 tall, wore size 12 clothes and had dark brown or lack long hair fastened in a pony tail with a red elasticated bobble. She also had a number of facial piercings and pierced navel.

She was wearing a dark navy blue or black duffle style coat with fur trimmed collar, black tight fitting trousers, a tee shirt with a diamante cat on the front, black cardigan, four to four and half size shin high 14 hole black Doc Martin boots.

She was also wearing a distinctive necklace with a bat pendant and had a chain secured to her waist band on which were a four inch pink 'mini maglite' style torch, an Aldi shopping trolley token with a black cat on the back, a PNY USB memory stick, a Sandisk 16GB microSD memory card and a Sony Walkman MP3 player. Within the pocket of her trousers was a train ticket and timetable for the Edinburgh to Manchester Airport train line.

The article doesn't say anything about whether they were able to recover any files from her belongings, I thought it would have been the best clue to her identity.

Young woman found deceased with no ID. Pictures of her jewelry & other items.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-woman-released-police-bid-identify-her.html

"Pictures of unusual jewellery found on the body of an unidentified young woman have been issued by police in an effort to discover who she was.

The woman's decomposing body was found next to a river in Greater Manchester last Thursday, but her identity is currently an absolute mystery.

Police have now released images of a distinctive bat-shaped necklace worn by the woman, as well as a number of electronic items found on her person."

More pictures at link.

Attachments

• Batwing necklace.jpg
    Batwing necklace.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 55
"We believe her body may have been there for a few weeks or even months

At first glance I assumed this would be solved soon because of such detailed belongings and clothing, but seemingly she may be someone who was missing for a long while, but not reported as such?

I also wonder what was on those USB sticks. Nothing useful, seemingly.

It just breaks my heart to see these meager little belongings. I hope LE does identify her so any family members can know what happened to her and give her a proper burial. She has to have been missed by someone.

I hope they release the cause of death and if she was murdered, the person found and made to pay for it.

Sigh, she was so young................

The description sounds very gothic like. I have known gothics to be lonesome people who dont mix well in big groups.. they can also stray from family life.. and roam alot..most likely no one is looking for her..

( not all gothics/moshers ) this is just from personal knowledge)

Yulia Solodyankina has long brown hair, was last seen wearing a dark duffle style coat and is missing from Edinburgh.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/missing-russian-student-looked-suicide-2257960

Yulia-Solodyankina-2012117.jpg

Her height is a couple of inches above the range as she is five six and she doesn't seem to be into facial piercings and the goth style, so it's probably not her. But I guess it's possible she had some kind of a breakdown and changed her style.

Is there a central location to search missing persons reports for UK?

Not an official one I don't think but I think Missing You site is UK specific. Interpol is worth checking to in Europe since there are so many borders and so much movement there.

Its unusual to have this much trouble identifying a body in the UK. This makes me wonder whether she was here illegally. Could she be Bulgarian/Romanian? One of the great problems within the EU is the amount of people trafficking that inevitably goes on from the poorer parts of Europe, to the wealthier parts of Europe.

I would be surprised if this young lady has been reported missing. I am prepared to bet that the local police force has been through all of the missing person reports before they resorted to appealing to the general public.

Bump, have been thinking of Goth Girl on and off a lot today.

Yulia Solodyankina has long brown hair, was last seen wearing a dark duffle style coat and is missing from Edinburgh.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/missing-russian-student-looked-suicide-2257960

Yulia-Solodyankina-2012117.jpg

Her height is a couple of inches above the range as she is five six and she doesn't seem to be into facial piercings and the goth style, so it's probably not her. But I guess it's possible she had some kind of a breakdown and changed her style.

Found this thread looking for Yulia ,might they have known one another?
The items might suggest this uid is a stage technician , considering the particular mini flashlight she carried, the usb, and the bat motif which might suggest the ability to "see" or work at night.Just random thoughts for now.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213343&page=4

This young girl, Melissa Attard, has been missing since the beginning of the month and seems to have been tending towards a goth/punk look recently ( her hair is dyed blue beneath the black). There are more pics out there showing the change. She is the right height and almost in the age range. Media reported she had been taking some risks recently, heading to town and asking people for money. That could mean at train stations.

The clothing size looks as though it could be right (UK 12 is US 10 or eight, I think?)Sadly, there is no missing clothing/accessories description so I'm wondering how up to date her pics are and if she has had piercings since?

Against that, Melissa's in the London area, disappeared before and was found still in the area, and it's hard to see what would have made her head to Edinburgh or Bolton, or where she would have found the money to get there.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/...654.Teenage_girl_has_been_missing_for_a_week/

These look as though they could be the same pendant. Pewter discolors after a while, I think. It's for sale online here:

http://www.kitsch.co.uk/acatalog/Bat_Necklace.html

ETA, tried to add two images and only one came out. This is the one woman wore, new one for sale at link below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 40
New Pendant for sale online

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 36
I wonder if she was coming home from work, or from a concert or outing.
No bag - possibly a robbery as well, though Police have not aid how she might have died.

Mysterious....

I don't think it was likely she was on her way to and from work, unless she worked at the industrial estate off Raikes Lane where she was found. It seems to be out of the way, and a place that only a local would be likely to know about. It's not that far from the train station, but it seems like Raikes Lane has no vehicular access so she would have had to walk to where she got to.

It seems to me that she was heading away from the station.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 38

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads