GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #3

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Man, 20, arrested over Morgan Huxley murder

October 08, 2013

Daniel Jack Kelsall was arrested about 9.30 this morning at his Neutral Bay apartment, just streets away from where Mr Huxley was stabbed to death in his Watson Street apartment.

He was later charged with murder at North Sydney Police Station and was taken to Central Local Court this afternoon where his matter was heard.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...sex-police-claim/story-fncynjr2-1226734669420

Australia has rules about public discussion of the suspect and its impact on the judicial process. WS, while governed under the laws of the U.S., respects the laws of other countries, especially when it comes to ensuring a fair trial process.

RULES FOR THIS CASE DISCUSSION:

Any publication which prejudices the course of justice - A report of a court case which gives details of the defendant's previous criminal convictions, before the end of the trial, would be contempt. This is because it may prejudice the judge, magistrate or jury against the defendant, if there are many previous convictions. This would reduce the chances of a fair trial. Previous convictions (often called antecedents) may not be revealed until after the verdict has been reached. They are then considered by the court to help it to decide on an appropriate punishment.

http://www.thenewsmanual.net/Resources/medialaw_in_australia_03.html

Bottom line: NO DISCUSSION OF THE SUSPECT'S PAST CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, IF ANY.

NO PICTURES OF THE SUSPECT ARE TO BE POSTED. All pictures have been removed from MSM and the suspect's face has been blocked out. His facebook has been pulled and is no longer available. We will honor that here at WS.

NO DISCUSSION OF THE SUSPECT'S PAST LIFE, IN GENERAL. No discussion of where he previously lived, worked, or spent time. No discussion of his family or friends or other innocent people that have nothing to do with this case.

At this link: http://www.thenewsmanual.net/Resources/sub_judice_chart_01.html

There is a color coded chart that shows what can and cannot be discussed during this pretrial/trial period. The Mods will use it for reference when deciding what posts to leave/remove - however, the Mods will also use their own discretion and it will NOT BE UP FOR ARGUMENT, even if it is not on this chart.

If you have questions or concerns, please pm a mod or alert the post. Do not post it in the threads.

Websleuths (WS)The Rules/ Etiquette & Information

From the previous thread

Quite a bit more info out today. I can't help wondering if DJK asked to use the toilet or something to gain entry into MH's unit. Because Morgan likely knew him by sight (maybe even said hello in the past), DJK may have said he just finished work and was busting to go before he walked home.

Of course I'm still bouncing round the idea of a prearranged meeting, mainly because of the CCTV that shows Morgan pausing on the street. I wonder if Morgan was seen looking at his phone in those few minutes. There is that barmaid that said she couldn't meet up with him that night. Is it a possibility that he got a text or call from her whilst standing there - indicating they wouldn't be meeting up. I don't know. So much points to a prearranged meeting with DJK and MH, but I just think something is off.

I agree. MH leaves his friends and heads home, then heads to the Oaks at 1am, the time DJK was to finish work. MH is seen on CCTV outside the Oaks on Ben Boyd Rd, DJK has been seen on CCTV lurking around the lane way opposite. Perhaps he can see MH finishing off his beer and is waiting for him to come out? It all seems to co-incedental to me. I always thought that he had never actually intended to kill MH that night but something set went wrong and set him off.

From the previous thread

I agree. MH leaves his friends and heads home, then heads to the Oaks at 1am, the time DJK was to finish work. MH is seen on CCTV outside the Oaks on Ben Boyd Rd, DJK has been seen on CCTV lurking around the lane way opposite. Perhaps he can see MH finishing off his beer and is waiting for him to come out? It all seems to co-incedental to me. I always thought that he had never actually intended to kill MH that night but something set went wrong and set him off.

I tend to agree AJM86 - that's what I've always thought too. Although, it's getting increasingly difficult to know what to think!!

I just wanted to thank you for your super sleuthing re the gay websites!! Very helpful!!:seeya:

AJ .. Thank you on the screen name! Isn't that also from Dangerous Liasons? (My all time favorite movie BTW). Also it matches up with names from a photobucket and x-box account too :)

Just wanted to give a big thank you :tyou: to all the wonderful posters for Australia for those of us in the States that have followed this case, but haven't actually posted. Y'all are some serious sleuthers. I have lurked from the beginning on this one, and what you have all brought to the thread is amazing!

RIP Morgan and I am sure that he knows that there were so many people fighting for justice for him before the "real story" was made public.

I really think that y'all rock and thanks for keeping those of us on the other side of the world informed.

From the previous thread

Thing is, if DK was stalking MH it's going to look coincidental isn't it? That's what stalkers do. They put themselves near the person they are stalking.

The pacing could have MH not wanting to go home but not sure what else to do. Maybe he thought about walking to a mates, a brothel, late night bottle shop etc. and paced a bit while thinking it over.

I am still totally stuck on the fence as to what happened that night.

I feel for MH's brother for having to go through the trial...

It must be such a difficult time for him...

:(

AJ .. Thank you on the screen name! Isn't that also from Dangerous Liasons? (My all time favorite movie BTW). Also it matches up with names from a photobucket and x-box account too :)

Thought I'd bring my post over from the last thread (sorry, hopeless at quoting from a closed thread)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJM86 View Post
His profile name is also 'lamant' french for the 'The Lover' a 1992 movie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lover_(film)

Okay, I'm going to be cryptic here. All hypothetical, ok!

If he was using 'lamant' on other sites, and he was a fan of literature (fan fiction), he may have created a profile that may refer to another psychological diagnosis that was given a few years ago.....

I wish I could post the link.....

I feel for MH's brother for having to go through the trial...

It must be such a difficult time for him...

:(

Me too, Clue. I felt so sad for him when I saw his photo at court this morning. Makes it more real that Morgan was an actual person who was dearly loved by people. May justice be served.

Thing is, if DK was stalking MH it's going to look coincidental isn't it? That's what stalkers do. They put themselves near the person they are stalking.

The pacing could have MH not wanting to go home but not sure what else to do. Maybe he thought about walking to a mates, a brothel, late night bottle shop etc. and paced a bit while thinking it over.

I am still totally stuck on the fence as to what happened that night.

You make a very good point. I can't wait to (and hopefully we do) find out what really happened that night. There's so many possibilities of what may have happened.

Thought I'd bring my post over from the last thread (sorry, hopeless at quoting from a closed thread)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJM86 View Post
His profile name is also 'lamant' french for the 'The Lover' a 1992 movie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lover_(film)

Okay, I'm going to be cryptic here. All hypothetical, ok!

If he was using 'lamant' on other sites, and he was a fan of literature (fan fiction), he may have created a profile that may refer to another psychological diagnosis that was given a few years ago.....

I wish I could post the link.....

Sorry guys - came across way too mysterious!:floorlaugh:

Without breaking WS rules, I'm just going to suggest searching 'lamant' and fan fiction and Australia. You may come across a profile that COULD be DJK. Interesting comments in profile.

Without breaking WS rules, I'm just going to suggest searching 'lamant' and fan fiction and Australia. You may come across a profile that COULD be DJK. Interesting comments in profile.

You are a Super Sleuth!!! :rockon:Thank you so much for clarifying!! Fascinating insights....

Can anyone place this quote from one of the msm reports, as I either dont have the report filed or it was vague...

Source SMH 15 10 2013
Fairfax Media reported on Tuesday that just hours after Mr Huxley was stabbed to death, Mr Kelsall returned to work and told colleagues he was shocked and "scared to walk home".

Hahaha I'm useless at riddles...and google apparently lol

Accused killer Daniel Kelsall was in laneway as Morgan Huxley had his last beer
Telegraph. Read More...

ACCUSED killer Daniel Kelsall was captured on a security camera walking slowly in a laneway with a direct view of where Morgan Huxley was having his last drink before he was murdered.
Police have seized surveillance footage which shows Kelsall, 20, hanging around in Grosvenor Lane at Neutral Bay in the early hours of September 8, around the same time Mr Huxley was drinking alone at The Oaks Hotel.

Interesting - now MSM are revealing that DK was interviewed before he contacted police ...

Telegraph 15 10 2013
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Kelsall had already been interviewed by police, days before he contacted them to say he had engaged in sexual activity with Huxley the night of the fatal stabbing.
Police sources said Kelsall was "tagged and released", but earmarked for further questioning, after they initially spoke to him about Mr Huxley's killing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back