High school girl expelled after being attacked by bully

HMSHood

Admiral-Class Battlecruiser
Reaction score
High school girl expelled after being attacked by bully
http://www.khou.com/news/local/High...-after-being-attacked-by-bully-227474401.html

STAFFORD, Texas -- A student from Stafford High School is expelled after a fight that her family said she didn't start.

It was Sept. 30 in the locker room at Stafford High and a student recorded the fight between Emily Ramirez and a classmate.

No wonder why bullying is so pervasive. The public schools are abysmal. :stormingmad:

I got bullied so badly in hs that we put a restraining order out. School pitied my bully because she lied about her background and whatnot. I got detention everytime she attacked me.

When you read further in the article, she's in the unusual situation of going to a school where she doesn't pay taxes and live within the boundaries of the school district.

I would think that option would be available to students who have extra talent - academic, athletic, musical, etc., that they would add to the school to make up for their lack of living within the taxing boundaries.

It's a privilege, not a right - and a student who is causing problems would be quickly removed. And honestly, that standard could apply to a student who complains she is being bullied several times - if her presence in the school isn't adding a very positive element otherwise.

I wonder why she's not going to school in her own district in the first place.

And, of course, there's the other side of the story.

I believe it. I believe that it's likely that the expelled girl had been calling the other one names, and she snapped and physically attacked her.

Usually (not always) there IS a reason school districts expel those they do - and in this case, since the girl didn't live within the school district and was getting mixed up in discipline issues, she has to go.

BTW - contrary to what the mother believes, I believe that name calling CAN "start it" even through her daughter wasn't the one to start the shoving match.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Aggr...-video-tells-her-side-of-story-227756341.html

When you read further in the article, she's in the unusual situation of going to a school where she doesn't pay taxes and live within the boundaries of the school district.

I would think that option would be available to students who have extra talent - academic, athletic, musical, etc., that they would add to the school to make up for their lack of living within the taxing boundaries.

It's a privilege, not a right - and a student who is causing problems would be quickly removed. And honestly, that standard could apply to a student who complains she is being bullied several times - if her presence in the school isn't adding a very positive element otherwise.

I wonder why she's not going to school in her own district in the first place.

I maybe not understanding your post but, it's not ok to bully someone. The public school district should remove the bully.
It doesn't matter if she's supposed to be their or not- they allowed her to attend and deserves to be protected from a bully. Bully needs to be expelled and sent to juvie, if it's merited.

I maybe not understanding your post but, it's not ok to bully someone. The public school district should remove the bully.
It doesn't matter if she's supposed to be their or not- they allowed her to attend and deserves to be protected from a bully. Bully needs to be expelled and sent to juvie, if it's merited.

Bullying as a predictor of offending, violence and later life outcomes
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21370294

RESULTS: Bullying at age 14 predicted violent convictions between ages 15 and 20, self-reported violence at age 15-18, low job status at age 18, drug use at age 27-32, and an unsuccessful life at age 48. These results held up after controlling for explanatory and behavioural childhood risk factors at age 8-10.

CONCLUSIONS: Bullying might increase the likelihood of these later outcomes. Interventions that decrease bullying would most likely be followed by decreases in violent offending, drug use, and unsuccessful lives.

Bullying at school as a predictor of delinquency, violence and other anti-social behaviour in adulthood
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21370295

RESULTS: Bullying was a strong predictor of nearly all anti-social outcomes. Physical bullying was more predictive than verbal/indirect bullying. Controlling for family risks and externalising/internalising problems reduced effect sizes, but bullying remained a sound predictor. Victimisation was not related to anti-social outcomes.

CONCLUSIONS: Bullying seems to be a key risk marker for anti-social development. Therefore, studies on whole-school anti-bullying programmes and child-oriented or family-oriented strategies of crime prevention should be more integrated.

Bullying as a predictor of offending, violence and later life outcomes
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21370294

RESULTS: Bullying at age 14 predicted violent convictions between ages 15 and 20, self-reported violence at age 15-18, low job status at age 18, drug use at age 27-32, and an unsuccessful life at age 48. These results held up after controlling for explanatory and behavioural childhood risk factors at age 8-10.

CONCLUSIONS: Bullying might increase the likelihood of these later outcomes. Interventions that decrease bullying would most likely be followed by decreases in violent offending, drug use, and unsuccessful lives.

Bullying at school as a predictor of delinquency, violence and other anti-social behaviour in adulthood
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21370295

RESULTS: Bullying was a strong predictor of nearly all anti-social outcomes. Physical bullying was more predictive than verbal/indirect bullying. Controlling for family risks and externalising/internalising problems reduced effect sizes, but bullying remained a sound predictor. Victimisation was not related to anti-social outcomes.

CONCLUSIONS: Bullying seems to be a key risk marker for anti-social development. Therefore, studies on whole-school anti-bullying programmes and child-oriented or family-oriented strategies of crime prevention should be more integrated.

Bullying is a criminal activity and should be taken far more seriously than it is. Not all bullying is harmless teasing as we all know.
No one is going to complain or report bullying if they are the ones expelled.
I am no fan of public school policies.
BTW- I was bullied at school and so were my effeminate male friends, and quiet nerdy, artsy friends. I stood up to bullies half my size and twice my age and only once did I get threatened with suspension.
I was minding my own business when the high school 17 year old wrestler kicked me in gym class with witnesses. So, I threw him down and punched his nose. (This is same guy who attempted to rape me after class and the school did nothing about it.)
In other words I kicked his *advertiser censored* in self defense. I stated my side of the story along with witnesses and the gym teacher to the principle and she took my side.
He was suspended not me.
I do not like to fight but, was not going to be bullied or physically assaulted. He never touched me or my friends again. He was humiliated to be beat up by a 85 lb 13 year old girl.

Well, it doesn't appear to me that the physical aggressor could really be called the "bully" in this situation. Yes, in this instance, she did begin the physical confrontation.

We have little info to go on, but here's what I see. A pretty, popular girl who was likely cruel to the less attractive, less popular looking girl, and that resulted in a physical confrontation.

And one girl didn't belong in the district.

Bullying is a criminal activity and should be taken far more seriously than it is. Not all bullying is harmless teasing as we all know.

No, I'm no fan of public school policies in regards to fighting either. In our school district, if a fight occurs, both kids are treated equally and both sent to Saturday school, a temporary alternative school, three day suspension, etc.

ONLY if one is doing all the punching and the other is provably just standing there like a limp rag and not even defending himself, he will not be punished.

It's kind of a lazy way out, honestly, to not look at each case and decide who is at fault, and it certainly teaches kids not to defend themselves - or in fact, step to the aid of other students who are being assaulted.

It's stupid, really.

But my point in this thread, is I believe the situation is not as first reported - that a sweet innocent girl was assaulted by a larger stronger student for no reason whatsoever and through no fault of her own.

Well, it doesn't appear to me that the physical aggressor could really be called the "bully" in this situation. Yes, in this instance, she did begin the physical confrontation.

We have little info to go on, but here's what I see. A pretty, popular girl who was likely cruel to the less attractive, less popular looking girl, and that resulted in a physical confrontation.

And one girl didn't belong in the district.

I must be reading a different story both girls look popular and attractive to me (not that matters) it doesn't give the popular girl a right to harass anyone just because she thinks she doesn't belong.

ok, this story is complicated. It's hard to tell who started the bullying and if the one girl just snapped or is the bully.

I must be reading a different story both girls look popular and attractive to me (not that matters) it doesn't give the popular girl a right to harass anyone just because she thinks she doesn't belong.

You're mixing up the two girls/roles.

The pretty/popular one (IMHO) is the one who was harrassing the less popular one. Then the less popular one started shoving the prettier one. The prettier girl is the one who doesn't live in the school district, and is now expelled. She's the one who doesn't belong in the district, not the heavier girl.

You're mixing up the two girls/roles.

The pretty/popular one (IMHO) is the one who was harrassing the less popular one. Then the less popular one started shoving the prettier one. The prettier girl is the one who doesn't live in the school district, and is now expelled. She's the one who doesn't belong in the district, not the heavier girl.

This is complicated. I read several articles and the video.
ugh...not a pretty situation.

BTW- I was bullied at school and so were my effeminate male friends, and quiet nerdy, artsy friends. I stood up to bullies half my size and twice my age and only once did I get threatened with suspension.
I was minding my own business when the high school 17 year old wrestler kicked me in gym class with witnesses. So, I threw him down and punched his nose. (This is same guy who attempted to rape me after class and the school did nothing about it.)
In other words I kicked his *advertiser censored* in self defense. I stated my side of the story along with witnesses and the gym teacher to the principle and she took my side.
He was suspended not me.
I do not like to fight but, was not going to be bullied or physically assaulted. He never touched me or my friends again. He was humiliated to be beat up by a 85 lb 13 year old girl.

Wow, you nailed him hard and he is a wrestler. I can imagine he was extremely humiliated. Being humiliated is no fun.

I wonder if he had other victims he tried to rape. Sounds like another Jerry Sandusky type. Probably how he started. :crazy: :stormingmad:

Wow, you nailed him hard and he is a wrestler. I can imagine he was extremely humiliated. Being humiliated is no fun.

I wonder if he had other victims he tried to rape. Sounds like another Jerry Sandusky type. Probably how he started. :crazy: :stormingmad:

yes, he had many and was a step-son of a local business owner and his mom had connections through the town and church.
I was not popular for standing up to him by the status quo, but to the underdogs I was brave.
the high school lost the Wrestling State Championship due to him being suspended and I was vocally blamed.
The police did not take attempted rape seriously back then, I reported it anyways to make a point.
He wanted victims he could intimidate and he messed with the wrong girl.
Fast forward 20 years later the bully lives in his mom's basement, no job, drug addict, no college, no future and tried to commit suicide several times. His parents should have tried to help him rather than baby him all those years, he obviously was trying to get someone's attention and help.

If this girl who was being verbally abused just snapped I can understand her pain and reasoning. It's not always possible to sit back and ignore taunting and verbal abuse especially if it is non-stop harassment.
The two obviously should be separated.

yes, he had many and was a step-son of a local business owner and his mom had connections through the town and church.
I was not popular for standing up to him by the status quo, but to the underdogs I was brave.
the high school lost the Wrestling State Championship due to him being suspended and I was vocally blamed.
The police did not take attempted rape seriously back then, I reported it anyways to make a point.
He wanted victims he could intimidate and he messed with the wrong girl.
Fast forward 20 years later the bully lives in his mom's basement, no job, drug addict, no college, no future and tried to commit suicide several times. His parents should have tried to help him rather than baby him all those years, he obviously was trying to get someone's attention and help.

If this girl who was being verbally abused just snapped I can understand her pain and reasoning. It's not always possible to sit back and ignore taunting and verbal abuse especially if it is non-stop harassment.
The two obviously should be separated.

Sounds like high school was the peak of his life. From what you described, he is from a highly dysfunctional background. I wonder if also attacked his own siblings. Was his parents religious by any chance? No offense to anyone who is religious and I am not being anti-religion.

Could be another Adam Lanza, Jared Loughner, or Seung-Hui Cho in the works. :stormingmad::eek:

Sounds like high school was the peak of his life. From what you described, he is from a highly dysfunctional background. I wonder if also attacked his own siblings.

Could be another Adam Lanza, Jared Loughner, or Seung-Hui Cho in the works. :stormingmad::eek:

He had a younger half brother who was very sweet and a musician we stayed friends. He tortured him as a child and the family pets.
His half sister never stayed with him after one Christmas vacation. Parents should have pressed charges against him. He is loser and they still have to take care of him.

He had a younger half brother who was very sweet and a musician we stayed friends. He tortured him as a child and the family pets.
His half sister never stayed with him after one Christmas vacation. Parents should have pressed charges against him. He is loser and they still have to take care of him.

I am not surprised by that. This goes beyond bullying. Sounds like a serial abuser. Very sorry situation for his half siblings.

People who kill have a history of abusing children and animals. I would be very worried about him. He could be another serial killer or rampage killer. :stormingmad: :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back