OH OH - Adam Lake, 17, Hilliard, 24 March 2001

MagnoliaMountain

Red Rose
Reaction score
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lake_adam.html

http://www.nampn.org/cases/lake_adam.html

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=908501&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

http://www.columbuspolice.org/missings/2004/adamlake.pdf

Missing Since: March 24, 2001 from Hilliard, Ohio
Classification: Endangered Runaway
Date Of Birth: June 14, 1983
Height: 6'0" (183 cm)
Weight: 165 lbs (75 kg)
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Adam has a scar on his right hand. Faint dog bite scar on his cheek. Has crooked teeth.
Clothing: T-shirt, khaki pants and a long, black leather trench coat
AKA: May use the name Benjamin
Case Number: NCMC908501

Details of Disappearance:
Adam speaks fluent Spanish and may travel out of state. His hair may be shorter than in the photo shown. He was carrying a cell phone and a backpack at the time of his disappearance. Authorities believe he left of his own accord.

For unspecified reasons, caution is advised when approaching him and he may be in need of medical assistance.

Investigating Agency:
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Columbus Police Department
1-614-645-4545

At the time he went missing:

Age-progression (and that is one hell of an age-progression, I think most of them are horrible and don't look like the MP at all but this one is great):

NAT_6277_1.jpg

His Charley Project profile was updated. It now states that his mother believes he met with foul play. He went missing after attending a party.

Does anyone know the reasons caution is advised when approaching him. I wish there were more information.

Does anyone know the reasons caution is advised when approaching him. I wish there were more information.

Me too. There really isn't much to go on.

Maybe some kind of mental health or behavioural problems? That could also be why they think he left voluntarily.

So this case in namus was compared with Adam
Unidentified Person Case
Its really weird the body also had Hilliard Track pants on.
Does anyone know if he ran track for Hilliard city school in Ohio?
I assume it was ruled out due to DNA or dental?

I am about 5 mins from Hilliard and don't even recall hearing about this case back then

Hi all, I'm Adam's sister and I just found this page, 18 years later. Thank you for your concern. To set the record straight, the police were wrong: Adam DID NOT leave of his own accord! He was last seen at a party two blocks away from our mom's house in Hilliard, OH. He didn't have any money that we know of, and he was planning to get his GED and attend Ohio State in the fall (he had recently been expelled for smoking weed at school). I believe the reason that caution is advised on his missing flyer is that someone started a rumor that he was going to copycat the Columbine shootings on the one year anniversary of the shootings. That is ridiculous because he went missing almost a month before that anniversary. The cops thought they were going to be heroes by stopping a school shooting, so they didn't take us seriously that Adam was truly missing. Then they gave up when the Columbine anniversary came and went without incident. They have not been much help since then, and they even tried to close the case once by claiming that it was all a custody issue and that Adam was with our dad (not true!!! No one in our family has seen him since that night!). The body with the Hilliard track pants is interesting, but the age estimation is too old and Adam was not on the track team or an athlete.
Thank you for all you do on this website!

At the time he went missing:

Age-progression (and that is one hell of an age-progression, I think most of them are horrible and don't look like the MP at all but this one is great):

Actually I don't think it looks anything like him. People who knew him saw this photo on the news and weren't even sure if they were talking about the same person. The 31-year-old photo is better.

NAT_6277_1.jpg

Hi all, I'm Adam's sister and I just found this page, 18 years later. Thank you for your concern. To set the record straight, the police were wrong: Adam DID NOT leave of his own accord! He was last seen at a party two blocks away from our mom's house in Hilliard, OH. He didn't have any money that we know of, and he was planning to get his GED and attend Ohio State in the fall (he had recently been expelled for smoking weed at school). I believe the reason that caution is advised on his missing flyer is that someone started a rumor that he was going to copycat the Columbine shootings on the one year anniversary of the shootings. That is ridiculous because he went missing almost a month before that anniversary. The cops thought they were going to be heroes by stopping a school shooting, so they didn't take us seriously that Adam was truly missing. Then they gave up when the Columbine anniversary came and went without incident. They have not been much help since then, and they even tried to close the case once by claiming that it was all a custody issue and that Adam was with our dad (not true!!! No one in our family has seen him since that night!). The body with the Hilliard track pants is interesting, but the age estimation is too old and Adam was not on the track team or an athlete.
Thank you for all you do on this website!
Welcome to WS. I am sorry that your brother has not been found. Do you have a theory as to what has happened to him? Foul play? Accident after the party?

I have no idea how this is not something I’ve heard of. Not only did I grow up in Hilliard and was living there at this time, I graduated only a year ahead of him. I am not real surprised about the police handling.I remember the school cop harassing any kids who wore black or trench coats after columbine. It was a town that very little happened in, and I can see them wanting to be the heroes. And pushing the case off when they realized that wasn’t going to happen. I’m sorry that it’s something your family has had to go through

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back