1107 users online (281 members and 826 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - 7th grader signed out of school for sex

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/b...op/a23west.htm

AURORA The West Aurora School District is investigating allegations raised in a lawsuit that claims an unnamed adult removed a seventh-grade student from her school multiple times last year and had sex with her.

The lawsuit, filed this week by Chicago attorney Michael Shinsky on behalf of the girl's parents, alleges that the then-13-year-old girl was signed out from Jefferson Middle School by an adult a number of times between Jan. 30 and May 4, 2004.

Shinsky said it is his firm's policy not to discuss pending litigation, and he would not say if a police report has been filed in the incident. Aurora police spokesman Dan Ferrelli said no police reports were filed in Aurora, although a report could have been filed wherever the sex allegedly took place.

Shinsky also would not comment on the relationship between the girl and the adult.

"We'll have to wait until everything plays out to discuss that," he said.

A court date of July 7 has been set

Generally the school would have to have the parents prior permission for another adult to sign the child out of school. Unless the parents put the adult on the emergency forms. Or if the adult was a children's organization worker.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Is this the same child that was signed out of school for an abortion by the Adult "boyfriend's" Mom?
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdieBoo
    Is this the same child that was signed out of school for an abortion by the Adult "boyfriend's" Mom?
    Wow wouldn't that be an interesting turn of events.

The story seems a little strange to me. The family is asking for $50K ... quite frankly I'd ask for a whole lot more. And, when the reporter questioned the police, they said that there were no charges filed in their jurisdiction. I just have a hard time seeing why the local PD ... where the girl lives and goes to school wouldn't know anything.

If the parents hadn't given previous, written consent for this adult to sign out their child for legitimate, documented reasons the school is in deep chit.

The adult in this case could be as young as 17, depending on the state's legal determination of "adult". This could have been a girlfriend/boyfriend situation set up by the girlfriend/boyfriend but the school will probably be held responsible for releasing the "child" to the "adult".

I worked some in Pupil Personnel department in a high school and checking up on the legal/moral/legitimate situation going on when students are checked out definitely fell to the school.

The person who signed out this child, had to be desginated by the parents to pick up the child.

Can someone tell me why it is the school fault for releasing a child to a person who is on a list to pick up and remove a child from school.

Should the school be psychic and know what he is doing when he picks up the child.

Did the child say anything during this time.

The school is not at fault here, the pervert is.

I have a funny feeling it is an older male relative or close friend, who knew he could have access to the child for illicit purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    The person who signed out this child, had to be desginated by the parents to pick up the child.

Can someone tell me why it is the school fault for releasing a child to a person who is on a list to pick up and remove a child from school.

Should the school be psychic and know what he is doing when he picks up the child.

Did the child say anything during this time.

The school is not at fault here, the pervert is.

I have a funny feeling it is an older male relative or close friend, who knew he could have access to the child for illicit purposes.
    Cyberlaw, I can't find anything that says that the adult in this case had the parent's permission to pick up and remove the child from school. Do you have a link?
    Thanks!