TX - Lillian Descoteau, 51, found dead on I-20, Hallsville, 7 Oct 2013

NanZDrew

Reaction score
On Monday, October 7, the body of Lillian Desiree Descoteau, 51, was found along the access road of I-20 in Harrison County, TX near Hallsville, TX. She was wearing only a shirt and bra. Authorities suspect sexual assault and believed she may have died of . She had a commercial driver's license and authorities believe she may have been a truck driver. The address listed on her commercial driver's license gives an Irving, TX address. She has not lived in Irving for long, and has lived all over the country. Police say she was not a drifter...she had jobs. Moving around is likely to make it more difficult to find person's associated with her and her possible killer. Police are searching for anyone who might know her or be associated with her. She was born in San Diego County, CA and lived part of her life there. She has also lived in Phoenix, AZ, Oregon, Louisiana, Florida and other states as well.

http://www.news-journal.com/news/lo...cle_f4966d7b-3449-50c4-8323-05798156423d.html

5255c22cf2ea8.image.jpg

I am hoping that because Ms. Descoteau lived in so many different states, there will be someone on Websleuths who recognizes her and can help authorities with her investigation.

This is my opinion only, but the particular location at which her body was dumped makes me think that the killer was most likely someone who routinely passed through that area and knew that this was a good spot to dump a body without being seen and be able to quickly get back on the highway unnoticed. At this particular site, there are frontage roads that run on both sides of I-20 next to the access road. This is not especially common to have a frontage road on both side of I-20. What is especially interesting about this location is that there is a dense growth of pine trees blocking the view of the frontage road. This particular frontage road does not connect back to the access road immediately but meanders south for about 2 miles before turning back north and connecting with a access road to I-20. This person would have been able to exit I-20, dump the body without being visible to travelers along I-20, go out of sight on this frontage road, and then a few minutes later, connect back to I-20 and quickly be back on a 75 mph interstate.

I would guess it was another trucker, whomever she was driving with at that time. I think they probably thought no one would know who she was by the time her body was found. Luckily she was found the day of her murder.

I would guess it was another trucker, whomever she was driving with at that time. I think they probably thought no one would know who she was by the time her body was found. Luckily she was found the day of her murder.

And hopefully this case will be easy to solve. Something tells me it will. This was not a drifter, this was someone with a job who somehow ran into a murderous SOB. Prayers.

A fellow truckdriver occurred to me, but that would make it really easy. (But criminals often amaze me at their stupidity. Nobody said they were smart, did they?) She was not all that well hidden. That frontage road goes through some more isolated areas and the road is the shortest route to one of the mines that is one of the bigger employers in the area. Since she had lived in many states, and according to relatives, had not been in contact with them for years, it seems as though nobody would, or did, report her missing. Her life would be pretty much private as a result. You do have to think that either the killer was from around the East Texas area or the killer traveled I-20 often enough to know where things are and good places to dump a body. I tend to think the latter since it would not appear that she was abducted in the Hallsville area...no abandoned truck or vehicle reported anywhere that might have been hers. Someone could have seen her at a truck stop and followed her home or could have been someone see knew. There were no cuts or apparent wounds on her body which makes you think it was someone she knew.

maybe she picked up a hitchhiker, i do agree the person might be local or know the area. Did they find her missing clothing? jmo

maybe she picked up a hitchhiker, i do agree the person might be local or know the area. Did they find her missing clothing? jmo

Her clothing wasn't at the location. They haven't released any additional details yet.

Update:

Investigation continues into woman's body found near I-20

Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:00 am | Updated: 8:03 am, Thu Oct 17, 2013.

From Staff Reports

Harrison County Sheriff Tom McCool said several agencies are assisting in the homicide investigation of a woman found dead by two truck drivers this past week on a ramp off of Interstate 20.

“Significant progress has been made in what has turned out to be a murder investigation,” he said.

McCool said the Texas Rangers office in Longview is helping in the investigation.

“This investigation is widespread from Florida to Dallas at this particular time,” he said. “So, we’re having to utilize contacts all across the southeastern United States, trying to put this thing together.”

The victim, identified as 51-year-old Lillian Desiree Descoteau of Irving, was found dead Oct. 7 by two truck drivers who had exited off of I-20 near FM 450 to check their tires.

“We’re (cautiously) optimistic as to the course and to the progress of that particular investigation,” said McCool.

Link:
http://www.news-journal.com/news/po...8-b2a0-54ff-9389-80e08a0e4f23.html?mode=story

I think the trucker scenario is working more and more although they haven't confirmed that she is a truck driver. I-20 runs from Dallas to Atlanta, GA where she once lived on Winters Creek Rd. Then in Atlanta I-75 runs down through Florida. By searching locator addresses I found that she had lived in Homestead, FL, Florida City, FL and Key West, FL. These are south of I-75 and connect with Hwy 1/5. In Key West she lived in a boarding house on Eisenhower Dr. A boarding house would cause residents to be in closer contact with one another. Could be a neighbor or another truck driver that she knew.

They confirmed she had a CDL but it was not known if she worked as a driver.

I heard something about a hispanic male being seen leaving the woods where Ms. Descoteau's body was found, but I cannot seem to find any link for that story now. Maybe someone who is a bit better at digging that sort of stuff up can lend me a hand.

It has become almost common place, here in east Texas, for bodies to be dumped along I-20. This one from 2012 was only 10 miles down the interstate. And this Jane Doe was found about 10 miles away from the 2012 body.

I know they are almost certainly all unrelated but it still seems strange. That area has bad luck.

I heard something about a hispanic male being seen leaving the woods where Ms. Descoteau's body was found, but I cannot seem to find any link for that story now. Maybe someone who is a bit better at digging that sort of stuff up can lend me a hand.

It has become almost common place, here in east Texas, for bodies to be dumped along I-20. This one from 2012 was only 10 miles down the interstate. And this Jane Doe was found about 10 miles away from the 2012 body.

I know they are almost certainly all unrelated but it still seems strange. That area has bad luck.

I have wondered about a serial killer, too, or it just might be that these frontage roads with woods in between make it easy to exit off, dump a body without being seen, and then hop back on the interstate. Much of the travel through here is transient with lots of oil and gas workers who may be in the area for a while before going somewhere else, and much trucking traffic. I hadn't seen anything else about her. I would love to see that story.

In the Daily Astoria newspaper for Astoria, Oregon, this brief obituary appeared.

Oct. 7, 2013

DESCOTEAU, Lillian D., 51, of Tyler, Texas, formerly of Astoria, died in Tyler.

Newspapers listed her address as Irving, TX which is about 90 miles away and her body was found in Hallsville, TX which is about 40 miles away from Tyler. This was posted on October 24, 2013.

http://www.dailyastorian.com/obituaries/death-oct/article_dabfd62a-3cca-11e3-bc99-001a4bcf887a.html

Lillian has a sister who lives, or did live, in Astoria, OR. Wonder if she had this obituary posted.

Can we find that address in irving?

I've googled and googled and tried all of the people search programs and have not been able to find any Texas addresses including the Irving address. I was able to find addresses on the northwest coast and also in Florida. I think maybe she must not have lived in Irving for very long. Also, I have not been able to find anymore information on her.

I think about her everytime I go by the location where she was found. It is so sad.

It has now been over a year since Lillian was found. I did see in one article that she WAS a truck driver. She was an independent trucker meaning that she was not hired by a company. She also traveled with another truck driver. Never could find an Irving address, and details of autopsy were not released.

Some of the articles said that her family hadn't seen her in years. There is sadness in those eyes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin
Back