GUILTY NY - Tiona Rodriguez, 17, charged in death of newborn, Queens, 16 Oct 2013

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
5:17 p.m. EDT October 17, 2013NEW YORK (AP)
— New York City police say two teenage girls believed to be shoplifting were stopped as they were leaving a Manhattan store, and a security guard checking their bags found what appeared to be a fetus.
Both girls are 17 years old. One was hospitalized and the other is being questioned at a police precinct. The medical examiner's office is performing an autopsy on the apparent human remains found inside the bag.
The girls were shopping at a Victoria's Secret lingerie store in midtown Manhattan on Thursday. Police are trying to determine if one girl gave birth in the store, or if she had been carrying the remains with her. more at link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/17/fetus-teens-bag/3004163/

Wow! I hope they give more details on this story. If they are calling it a fetus, I suspect it was a miscarriage. But, I can't imagine it happened in the store. Miscarriages aren't pretty.

If one girl is in the hospital, she must have just passed the fetus. I've had a miscarriage and it wasn't messy. I didn't even know I had until I was ultrasounded.

How far along were you Renee? To be termed a fetus, it needs to be at least 9 weeks into the pregnancy, and to be recognizable as a fetus, she would have needed to have been at least 10-11 weeks along. At 11 weeks the fetus is only about an inch and a half long, so I suspect she was even further along than that. I just can't imagine passing that without pain and a fair amount of blood involved.

that's all kinds of messed up

I guess I misspoke....I didn't miscarry and lose the whole fetus.

I was seven months pregnant. I miscarried, but didn't know. I had lost the fetal pole. I spotted for a few days, and on my next appointment there was no heartbeat so they ultrasounded me. They did have to induce me etc....because I didn't pass the fetus on my own. It was strange. The baby had been gone (dead) for 2 weeks and I thought I had felt it move around that whole time. I remember the Dr. explaining to me what it was that I felt, but I can't remember now what the said. Blocked it out I suppose.

I did miscarry another time when I was about 8 weeks along and it was like having a period. I didn't have to have anything (procedure-wise) done with that one.... but it wasn't messy or painful....or that's how I remember it....it was 20 years ago...

I've read about girls who have had babies in the bathroom and then they just go back to work or to prom or whatever. I remember reading about a girl who had a baby at school in the bathroom and just went back to class. Crazy.

The link in the first post looks like it's been updated. There seems to be more information there now, unless it missed it earlier.

"The 17-year-old girls were shopping at a Victoria's Secret store in midtown Manhattan, said police, who were called to the scene after a guard noticed a strong odor coming from one of the bags and found the fetus. One of the girls told detectives she was carrying the human remains because she had delivered a day earlier and didn't know what to do, authorities said. It wasn't clear whether the fetus was alive or dead when delivered.

The girls were arrested on charges of petit larceny and criminal possession of stolen property, police said. The teen thought to have given birth was hospitalized, and the other was questioned by police. The medical examiner's office was performing an autopsy on the remains. More serious charges could follow, depending on the cause of death."

So if she's being truthful, it seems she was far enough along to go into labor and give birth and was carrying her dead baby around with her. Seems like a very odd thing to do, and to then go shoplifting with the baby's remains with her?

I miscarried at about 7 seven weeks. It was very painful like labor for a few mintues. How strange to go shoplifting and carry the remains. Maybe hoping her parents wouldn't find the body of the fetus.

I guess I misspoke....I didn't miscarry and lose the whole fetus.

I was seven months pregnant. I miscarried, but didn't know. I had lost the fetal pole. I spotted for a few days, and on my next appointment there was no heartbeat so they ultrasounded me. They did have to induce me etc....because I didn't pass the fetus on my own. It was strange. The baby had been gone (dead) for 2 weeks and I thought I had felt it move around that whole time. I remember the Dr. explaining to me what it was that I felt, but I can't remember now what the said. Blocked it out I suppose.

I did miscarry another time when I was about 8 weeks along and it was like having a period. I didn't have to have anything (procedure-wise) done with that one.... but it wasn't messy or painful....or that's how I remember it....it was 20 years ago...

I've read about girls who have had babies in the bathroom and then they just go back to work or to prom or whatever. I remember reading about a girl who had a baby at school in the bathroom and just went back to class. Crazy.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your babies.

The link in the first post looks like it's been updated. There seems to be more information there now, unless it missed it earlier.

"The 17-year-old girls were shopping at a Victoria's Secret store in midtown Manhattan, said police, who were called to the scene after a guard noticed a strong odor coming from one of the bags and found the fetus. One of the girls told detectives she was carrying the human remains because she had delivered a day earlier and didn't know what to do, authorities said. It wasn't clear whether the fetus was alive or dead when delivered.

The girls were arrested on charges of petit larceny and criminal possession of stolen property, police said. The teen thought to have given birth was hospitalized, and the other was questioned by police. The medical examiner's office was performing an autopsy on the remains. More serious charges could follow, depending on the cause of death."

So if she's being truthful, it seems she was far enough along to go into labor and give birth and was carrying her dead baby around with her. Seems like a very odd thing to do, and to then go shoplifting with the baby's remains with her?

I'm sorry, but if they recognized that the baby is a boy and are uncertain whether he was born alive or not, we are not talking about an early miscarriage that might be mistaken for a heavy period.

Even if we were, when was the last time you saved the material from your period and carried it around in a jar with you? :sick: She KNEW and was trying to pretend it didn't happen.

A miscarriage is the loss of a baby before twenty weeks. After that it is either a stillbirth or premature birth, depending on whether or not the baby is alive at delivery.

This girl is all kinds of screwed up and needs more than just medical attention. I don't hold out a lot of hope for the girl who was with her either.

I almost wonder if the shoplifting while carrying the fetus in her bag was a way of hoping to get caught, have someone discover the fetus, and get her help. I think this was a cry for help & she was hoping she'd get caught and someone would find the fetus.

I'm sorry, but if they recognized that the baby is a boy and are uncertain whether he was born alive or not, we are not talking about an early miscarriage that might be mistaken for a heavy period.

Even if we were, when was the last time you saved the material from your period and carried it around in a jar with you? :sick: She KNEW and was trying to pretend it didn't happen.

A miscarriage is the loss of a baby before twenty weeks. After that it is either a stillbirth or premature birth, depending on whether or not the baby is alive at delivery.

This girl is all kinds of screwed up and needs more than just medical attention. I don't hold out a lot of hope for the girl who was with her either.

I initially suspected a late term miscarriage because of the use of the word "fetus" as opposed to "newborn" or "premature baby". Usually when you hear of a girl/woman disposing of a full term fetus, it's referred to as a newborn or a baby.

MSM saying fetus made me think of a recognizable, but not viable fetus that she would have had to have gone into labor to pass, up to maybe 24 weeks along.

The autopsy came back as inconclusive, and they will be doing more testing on it.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/19/autopsy-inconclusive-for-fetus-found-fetus-found-in-nyc-bag/

I don't know if New York Daily news is considered MSM, but this article indicates she may have been up to 28 weeks, which, without NICU care, would likely mean the baby would have passed quickly.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/dead-fetus-found-bag-midtown-store-article-1.1488876

It's in the back of my mind wondering if she had a premature rupture of membranes. I wonder if that happening would cause the remains to appear asphyxiated?

I know that giving birth to an already deceased premature baby can cause major trauma to the baby's body.

Since the girl in question already has one child at home then surely she knew that 1 she was pregnant and 2 that she should have gotten pre natal help while pregnant. Hopefully the other child that is in the home is well taken care of and if not then hopefully this will get the other child the help he/she needs. I would love to know if the girl hid this pregnancy or, if not, how it was explained that she had given birth without help.

So many questions and very few answers so far.

bbm. I agree.

I initially suspected a late term miscarriage because of the use of the word "fetus" as opposed to "newborn" or "premature baby". Usually when you hear of a girl/woman disposing of a full term fetus, it's referred to as a newborn or a baby.

MSM saying fetus made me think of a recognizable, but not viable fetus that she would have had to have gone into labor to pass, up to maybe 24 weeks along.

The autopsy came back as inconclusive, and they will be doing more testing on it.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/19/autopsy-inconclusive-for-fetus-found-fetus-found-in-nyc-bag/

I don't know if New York Daily news is considered MSM, but this article indicates she may have been up to 28 weeks, which, without NICU care, would likely mean the baby would have passed quickly.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/dead-fetus-found-bag-midtown-store-article-1.1488876

It's in the back of my mind wondering if she had a premature rupture of membranes. I wonder if that happening would cause the remains to appear asphyxiated?

I know that giving birth to an already deceased premature baby can cause major trauma to the baby's body.

I'm not going to say much about this b/c I don't want a time out, but IMHO this is a tool used by the media to dehumanize these babies and diminish their importance in the mind of the public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back