1160 users online (228 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - Jermal Hawkins, 19, Chicago, 15 October 2013

Missing -- Jermal Hawkins, 19

Police: Olive Harvey student missing
    Sun-Times Media Wire

October 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Police are searching for a 19-year-old college student missing from the South Side Pullman neighborhood.

Jermal Hawkins told his family in a text message that he was going to the library and to get a hair cut near South Stony Island Avenue and East 87th Street on Tuesday, but never showed up for the hair cut, according to a missing person alert from Area South detectives.
    Hawkins has not been showing up for classes at Olive Harvey College since then, the alert said.

He is described as a 6-foot-2, 245-pound black man with black hair, brown eyes and a medium complexion, the alert said. It is not known what he was wearing when he went missing.

Anyone with information should contact the Area South Special Victims Section at (312) 747-8274.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

What a beautiful smile this young man has,he is so handsome!I hope he is somewhere safe and just wanted some away time from school or life..

Hope he is found safe and well x

He is a very handsome young man. I can't imagine what could've happened if he were going to the library and to get a haircut. I hope he'll be found safe and sound very soon, but if not, maybe we'll at least have more information in the next day or so.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Thank you for opening this thread Bessie. I grew up with Jermal's mother and we worked together a few years ago. I've provided her with the resources on here and will be checking in with her this morning. Jermal is a good kid. He graduated from Urban Prep Academies. An all boys high school with a 100% college acceptance rate. If you have any suggestions, please share them. Time is of the essence. It's getting cold here in Chicago. Keyia needs her baby to come home safely. Thank you.

His Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jermal.hawkins

He is friends with his mom, Keyia. She posted that he did make it to the library and was printing something. He expressed that in a text to his grandmother.
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

what a handsome young man! hoefully he's ok and just taking and just taking a little break.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D0HC8RFXZVo/Sm4sWrmXXiI/AAAAAAAAAOs/fe1Urm9FPpQ/s400/mbfashion.gif

The distance from the school to the barbershop is about 1 1/2 miles. The school is on 100th & Woodlawn, but the campus extends to 103rd. The expressway is located alongside the school. Stony Island is a major street in Chicago and turns into the expressway next to Olive Harvey. I'm waiting on Keyia to call me back.

Quote Originally Posted by geegeesmom View Post
    The distance from the school to the barbershop is about 1 1/2 miles. The school is on 100th & Woodlawn, but the campus extends to 103rd. The expressway is located alongside the school. Stony Island is a major street in Chicago and turns into the expressway next to Olive Harvey. I'm waiting on Keyia to call me back.
    I just saw this thread, and I haven't heard this on the news yet. I live in the city and would be glad to help with any search efforts. Do you know of any taking place yet?

It was on channel 7 news last night at 10. I just spoke with Keyia briefly. She has to call me back. They're going through his room and checking social media accounts. I've asked her about videotape from Olive Harvey. I will stress the importance of searching early and find out if it's being organized.

Quote Originally Posted by geegeesmom View Post
    It was on channel 7 news last night at 10. I just spoke with Keyia briefly. She has to call me back. They're going through his room and checking social media accounts. I've asked her about videotape from Olive Harvey. I will stress the importance of searching early and find out if it's being organized.
    i'm not sure if it was mentioned was jermal in a vehicle or on foot?
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D0HC8RFXZVo/Sm4sWrmXXiI/AAAAAAAAAOs/fe1Urm9FPpQ/s400/mbfashion.gif

Quote Originally Posted by modesty blaise View Post
    i'm not sure if it was mentioned was jermal in a vehicle or on foot?
    Jermal would have been getting on the 28 Stony Island bus. The barbershop stop is north of his school. I have contacted Robert T. Larson about his search dog.
    Last edited by geegeesmom; 10-18-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: changed bus stop to barbershop

Hope he is found soon, sending prayers from the west.
    Don't mind the misspellings.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    His Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jermal.hawkins

He is friends with his mom, Keyia. She posted that he did make it to the library and was printing something. He expressed that in a text to his grandmother.
    Sorry if I am missing it, but was he going to meet anyone that day? Perhaps a classmate? Does the library have any cameras? Just trying to understand the situation better/help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    JMO.

:bananalama:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast