1029 users online (184 members and 845 guests)  

Websleuths News

Crimes in the Portuguese resort prior to abduction..

This is from the todays Portugal News

Portugal News.. I've never seen this info before
    Two of the burglaries took place in April in the block that Madeleine disappeared from.
    In both the April burglaries entry was gained via a window.
    On 16 April, when the first of these two burglaries occurred, a British family had just arrived when a man called at the door asking for ‘the German family’.
    He has been described as white, aged in his 20s, with fair or blonde hair that was short in length. The family discovered the burglary when they returned from dinner.

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/...imewatch/29660

First time I am reading there were two burglaries in April in the same block.

Burglary is a very different crime from abduction though. Can you think of any cases where a burglary has involved the abduction of a small child?

Quote Originally Posted by haden View Post
    This is from the todays Portugal News

Portugal News.. I've never seen this info before
    Two of the burglaries took place in April in the block that Madeleine disappeared from.
    In both the April burglaries entry was gained via a window.
    On 16 April, when the first of these two burglaries occurred, a British family had just arrived when a man called at the door asking for ‘the German family’.
    He has been described as white, aged in his 20s, with fair or blonde hair that was short in length. The family discovered the burglary when they returned from dinner.

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/...imewatch/29660

First time I am reading there were two burglaries in April in the same block.
    It was common enough knowledge apparently. I even read that people staying at the resort were WARNED about it. Anyway I knew all about it and I am sure residents did too, and would therefore have been a little more careful when going out, you know like locking windows and doors.