Boy's Adoption Plea

This is heartbreaking, I can't imagine not having any family. His mom must have some family....... I hope he finds a family.

I pray he finds a family too.Someone who will really love him for him.

I pray he finds a family too.Someone who will really love him for him.

Me too. This story made me cry. I hope he gets a great family and gets to play football. Time is running out for him to make some 'normal' growing up memories. So very sad.

I heard a rumor on facebook that 500 people have submitted an application to adopt him after hearing his story. Hopefully its not just a rumor and he gets a great home ASAP!

Oh I hope someone adopts this boy!!!! He has drive, dedication and perseverance.... what more do you want in a child?
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/will-orphan-davion-s-courage-bring-him-hope--164213337.html

I want to kick the people who came forward then never made a move toward adoption. And it doesn't sound good even with all the inquiries. Guess his church doesn't care. Guess no one really cares they just feel sorry for him

imo
eta, on disability i can't adopt. They wont let me due to the money and the type of disability or i wouldn't have typed what I did, i would be making an application

Actually it sounds very good. Adoption agency got thousands of requirements about adopting this boy. I am sure that they will find a family for him.

Actually it sounds very good. Adoption agency got thousands of requirements about adopting this boy. I am sure that they will find a family for him.

I agree! Hopefully they can encourage all the families that qualify, to open up their hearts and homes to other children in the same situation.

I want to kick the people who came forward then never made a move toward adoption. And it doesn't sound good even with all the inquiries. Guess his church doesn't care. Guess no one really cares they just feel sorry for him

imo
eta, on disability i can't adopt. They wont let me due to the money and the type of disability or i wouldn't have typed what I did, i would be making an application

To be fair, the article doesn't state that the people who initially came forward "never made a move" to adopt him, just that they had not proceeded TO adoption. Perhaps, they too, have a disability, or inadequate income, or homes that were not large enough to accommodate required space, or perhaps the court plans in place for this young man stipulate that they must live in a certain city or county under the courts jurisdiction. There could be MANY reasons that they were not ABLE to follow through with an adoption. There have been numerous families who have come forward since that time, it is very possible that one of those will be a much better match anyway.

jmo

If thousands of people are interested, clearly all of them can't proceed to adoption. Presumably they will be evaluated first, to see who is the best fit. Those things take time.

My daughter asks me all of the time why we don't adopt another child since my "oven" is faulty and outdated. :facepalm:

It broke my heart to tell her that frankly, we couldn't afford to adopt. I have enough love and enough attention, just not enough money. :(.

And my heart couldn't take fostering. I would be devastated to say goodbye to those children.

But this boy made me wish I chose money over happiness. Because then I could give him a home. I love him already.

This is such great news. They have winnowed it down and now it looks like a happiest of christmas for him. They did find relatives (from b4 his appeal) but they have issues making them eligible so it will be a brand new home.

Orphan Davion Only, 15, will choose his adoptive family from a shortlist of TEN and could be in his new home by Christmas

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ist-TEN-new-home-Christmas.html#ixzz2iuSbLG1a
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

My daughter asks me all of the time why we don't adopt another child since my "oven" is faulty and outdated. :facepalm:

It broke my heart to tell her that frankly, we couldn't afford to adopt. I have enough love and enough attention, just not enough money. :(.

And my heart couldn't take fostering. I would be devastated to say goodbye to those children.

But this boy made me wish I chose money over happiness. Because then I could give him a home. I love him already.

My son told me "you're baby makin machine is broken" :floorlaugh:

Fostering is a wonderful experience and you don't ever have to say goodbye, sometimes it's see you later, and sometimes it's just goodnight, I love you :) jmo but so worth looking into. To anyone considering I say take the classes and then think it over. You can always try temporary fostering first.

Good news! Ah, poor kid.. hoping the best for him, and his future.

I too wish I could foster kids, but cannot due to health. It makes me sad to not be able to give some comfort to children who need it, I would gladly open my door if I could.

"Orphan Davion becomes the Jets' good luck charm! Player who invited him to spend Christmas in New York scores his first touchdown of the season"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Jets-game-adoption-plea.html#ixzz2oOmHcKf6

'I think the way I played today, I hope it made him proud,' Nelson said after catching two touchdown passes in the Jets’ 24-13 win over the Cleveland Browns. 'I hope it brought joy to his life.'

During the visit, Nelson asked the teenager if there was anything special he could do for him during the game.

'He told me that after my first catch to point to the sky,' said Nelson, who had four receptions for 33 yards. 'My first catch just happened to be a touchdown and I made sure to honor him at that moment.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back