GUILTY MI - Demarius Reed, 20, EMU student, shot to death, Ypsilanti, 18 Oct 2013

Eastern Michigan University football player found dead

Victim discovered by roommate in University Green apartments off West Clark Road

Author: Halston Herrera, Senior News Editor for ClickOnDetroit.com, hherrera@wdiv.com

Published On: Oct 18 2013 12:05:44 PM EDT Updated On: Oct 18 2013 01:37:44 PM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ding/-/1719418/22506188/-/cb9gq4/-/index.html

October 18, 2013 at 2:42 pm

EMU football player found dead

Serena Maria Daniels /The Detroit News

Ypsilanti — Police are investigating the death of an Eastern Michigan University football player whose body was discovered off-campus Friday morning, the university said.

Police were called to the 700 block of West Clark Road near LeForge at 7:15 a.m. where they found Demarius Reed. The university did not disclose whether he was dead when police arrived.

His death is being investigated as a homicide. The university did not provide further details, other than Ypsilanti authorities are working with campus police in the investigation...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131018/METRO08/310180093#ixzz2i6M6HBbv

Not anther one :-(
I am positively numb, wondering what is going on with these young lives being taken much too soon. my heart is hurting beyond belief at the moment.

October 18, 2013 at 7:23 pm

EMU athletes, students, faculty mourn football player shot in possible robbery

Serena Maria Daniels and David Goricki /The Detroit News

Ypsilanti — A promising Eastern Michigan University football player survived growing up on Chicago’s tough south side, only to have his life cut short Friday morning in an off-campus shooting.

Police said Friday robbery is suspected as a possible motive in the shooting death of Demarius Reed, 20.

Ypsilanti Police were called to the University Green Apartments in the 700 block of West Clark Road near LeForge at 7:15 a.m., where they found Reed’s body. It had multiple gunshot wounds, police said in a statement.

Personal items were missing from the apartment, officials said.

The Washtenaw County Medical Examiner’s Office has completed an autopsy, but the results were not available Friday afternoon, police said. There are no suspects in custody...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131018/METRO08/310180093#ixzz2iB2CBXSi

From the article, he was majoring in communications, media and theater arts.

Wasn't Julia studying the bolded too?

Julia was majoring in Communication and was particularly interested in broadcast journalism.

Here are the undergraduate Communication majors at EMU:

• Communication and Theatre Arts Major with Concentrations
• Communication Major
• Communication Technology Major

I doubt that the two cases are connected. Julia's drowning did not involve robbery. Demarius was shot during what is believed to have been a robbery. :moo:

Eastern Michigan University mourns murdered student-athlete

20-year-old Demarius Reed found shot to death in his off-campus apartment

Author: Chauncy Glover, Local 4 Reporter

Published On: Oct 18 2013 11:09:22 PM EDT Updated On: Oct 19 2013 03:43:43 AM EDT

YPSILANTI, Mich. -
While walking around the Eastern Michigan University campus it becomes very evident that 20-year-old Demarius Reed was loved by so many people. He was a standout both on and off the football field.

"It was very disheartening, I mean, it really hit home to not only myself but to a lot of students on campus today," said one student.

Students are mourning the loss of Reed who was affectionately known as "Deuce." Who wore No. 2 on the football team. On the field, he meant business...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...lete/-/1719418/22517088/-/jdh5t2/-/index.html

I hate to say or think ill words about the deceased - but scrolling thru his facebook allows you to see that his family has suffered several deaths in the last few years - one of his grandmother, which Im assuming we can relate to old age - but then there are several posts in regards to losing a brother, and a cousin - and another cousin being "locked up" MOO of course

RIP, young man...

:rose:

Are there any clues to his murderer?

I hate to say or think ill words about the deceased - but scrolling thru his facebook allows you to see that his family has suffered several deaths in the last few years - one of his grandmother, which Im assuming we can relate to old age - but then there are several posts in regards to losing a brother, and a cousin - and another cousin being "locked up" MOO of course

??? He had some tragedy in his family. How would pointing this out possibly be construed as speaking ill of the dead? Unless I'm just not picking up what you're putting down?

http://www.emich.edu/community-notice/

there was another update from the YPD on the 19th (at top of the above link):

aside: Mister Nurse was a guest of the provost and president at the game saturday (he was also at the tail gate, etc) and he said the game was very somber. He said that they ran on the field holding up 2's (that was his number) and also brought his jersey out at the end of the game (holding it up)

From all I have heard he was a leader on and off the football field.

http://www.heritage.com/articles/20...5264214aa9f5c630264853.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Investigators are currently looking for anyone who attended an "after party" Thursday night as part of the homicide investigation into the death of 20-year-old Eastern Michigan University student and football player Demarius Reed.

This party was located at apartment 104 at 773 Green Road in the University Green Apartments complex, the same complex where Reed was later found dead, according to a notice to the university community from the EMU Police Department.

Anyone who attended the party or knows someone who was there is being asked to call Ypsilanti Detective Joe Yuhas at 734-368-8780 or Detective Annette Coppock at 734-368-8776.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back