967 users online (214 members and 753 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

UT - Three Scout leaders for destroying Goblin Valley rock formation, Emery Co., 2013

Boy Scout leaders caught filming themselves destroying 20 million-year-old rock formation at Utah state park could face felony charges
    • Dave Hall, Glenn Taylor and Dylan Taylor posted video to Facebook showing them pushing the rock in Goblin Valley State Park
    • They claim they destroyed it because the rock was loose and they worried it could crush a child along the popular path
    • But state park officials have said that the men could now face felony charges: 'It is just not what you do at state parks'

A group of Mormon Boy Scout leaders could face felony charges after they filmed themselves destroying a 20-million-year-old rock formation in a Utah state park.

On the video, Dave Hall is heard commenting on how unsafe the rock in Goblin Valley State Park looks as he films his friend Glenn Taylor forcing it from its perch while Dylan Taylor stands by.

The footage, which the men posted to their Facebook pages, shows them then high-fiving, laughing and whooping with joy. The elder Taylor jokingly flexes his muscles, proud of his achievement.
    ---
    The story, with video and pictures, at Mail link above.

So that appears to be Travis Alexander's friend who was all over HLN...
    Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by lil_buddy View Post
    So that appears to be Travis Alexander's friend who was all over HLN...
    Am I right?
    Could be. I didn't follow the case (only one here who didn't, I think!). Maybe someone else will chime in.

Whomever it is, I think a couple hundred hours of community service might do them some good.

OP link headline says "Boy Scouts."
    Any actual connection to the Boy Scouts?

(I know, I know, it's the DailyMail)

BTW, the link to occupyhln did not link me to David Hall related info.

Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    OP link headline says "Boy Scouts."
    Any actual connection to the Boy Scouts?

(I know, I know, it's the DailyMail)

BTW, the link to occupyhln did not link me to David Hall related info.
    Utah rock vandals 'reprehensible,' say Boy Scouts officials

If it is him, I love how he could not stop himself making a dumb public statement.
    I'm sure his attorney, if he had one via Legal Shield, would not approve.

This type of behavior never ceases to amaze me. People who think they have the right to destroy anything - ANYTHING - that does not belong to them personally is astonishing. My earliest memories on my childhood trips to our beautiful national and state parks was my father teaching me that you ALWAYS leave a place better than you found it. And I can honestly say that has always been how I (and my own children) conduct ourselves in our parks (and everywhere else for that matter).

If everyone acted the way these ignorant a. . holes did there would be no places of beauty left for others to enjoy. I hope they face large fines, humiliation, and, hopefully, embarrassment as they are picking up trash alongside the freeway in orange suits as they perform their community service hours. Oh . . . and budget-busting attorneys' fees.

Just My Opinion, of course!

It's him .. got confirmation from one of his 'Legal Shield' buddies.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Saw this earlier. The report I saw said that they never would have been caught if they had not posted the video on facebook! I can't help but just laugh at all the morons who do something stupid and illegal, only to tell on themselves, On Facebook!
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Softail View Post
    Saw this earlier. The report I saw said that they never would have been caught if they had not posted the video on facebook! I can't help but just laugh at all the morons who do something stupid and illegal, only to tell on themselves, On Facebook!
    Yeah he did!! Then he posted a long 'explanation' about how he did it for the 'kids' before saying the only judge he cares about is the lord (>ლ)
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

How refreshing to read a story about the Boy Scouts that doesn't involve discrimination and exclusion, committing sexual abuse, or concealing sexual abuse. (Oh well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    How refreshing to read a story about the Boy Scouts that doesn't involve discrimination and exclusion, committing sexual abuse, or concealing sexual abuse. (Oh well.)

Or spousal murder, mass shooting ..

That big rock really was justing barely sitting atop a thin column of dirt and easily wiggled. The guys could have posted a dsnger sign and contacted authorities. The rock can be put back into place and braced or maybe the spot should be behind a fence.

sO this may be scouts gone wild. I hope the rock can be placed again, like tsvicki suggested above.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast