GUILTY NH - Conor Makem for hiding camera in women's restroom, Rochester, 2013

soyesterday

Reaction score
http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20131018/GJNEWS_01/131019249

I'm so upset...really really upset...this pervert worked at the Rochester Times which is right across the hall from my councilor's office. I see him all the time when i walk past the office and have even been in there at the same time as him. He had a freakin camera in the girl's bathroom! I had an appt there today and the reporters kept trying to get me talk on camera, saying i needed to do the right thing and speak up. A lot of us that go there for counciling are already tramatized enough about that kind of stuff and this evil man has to go and do it to us again! :( And those poor kids too...OMG...

I am so so sorry to hear this. Thinking and praying for everyone affected. What a sick sick person to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you...i really don't understand why people have to do this stuff.
I was abused for six years when i was a teenager and some of the images that
stay in my head the most are the ones when i found out he was watching me and
i didn't know it.
I go to counciling to deal with my past every week.
A LOT of people do.
I'm always looking in dressing rooms and bathrooms for cameras and stuff just because of that.
I never saw anything in this bathroom. :(
I guess it was really small. :(
He's on out bail right now. :(

I hope they're offering extra support and counseling for everyone at this time. Thinking of you tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

What a disgusting person! Stay strong, SoYesterday. He will get his! Hopefully in a jail cell toilet. Ugh!

Makem waives arraignment, hires defense attorney

ROCHESTER – Former Rochester Times and Foster’s Daily Democrat reporter Conor Makem waived his arraignment on Monday on several Invasion of Privacy and Destruction of Evidence charges relating to his alleged placement of a camera in a women’s bathroom near the offices of Foster’s Rochester bureau.
Makem, who is free on $15,000 cash bail, will now await an arraignment early next month on 13 additional Invasion of Privacy counts stemming from his second arrest on Oct. 25, a week after his initial arrest in the case. The second arrest stemmed from additional alleged victims police say they found on Makem’s computers and other devices.

The Destruction of Evidence charge stems from his alleged tampering and dumping of the camera, which was reportedly installed in the women’s bathroom near a suite of offices that included the Foster’s bureau inside a section of Merchants Plaza.
The female victims listed in police affidavits were unknowingly videotaped “in various stages of undress” inside the bathroom.

more at link ............ http://thelebanonvoice.com/makem-waives-arraignment-hires-defense-attorney-cms-1152

Makem waives arraignment, hires defense attorney

ROCHESTER – Former Rochester Times and Foster’s Daily Democrat reporter Conor Makem waived his arraignment on Monday on several Invasion of Privacy and Destruction of Evidence charges relating to his alleged placement of a camera in a women’s bathroom near the offices of Foster’s Rochester bureau.
Makem, who is free on $15,000 cash bail, will now await an arraignment early next month on 13 additional Invasion of Privacy counts stemming from his second arrest on Oct. 25, a week after his initial arrest in the case. The second arrest stemmed from additional alleged victims police say they found on Makem’s computers and other devices.

The Destruction of Evidence charge stems from his alleged tampering and dumping of the camera, which was reportedly installed in the women’s bathroom near a suite of offices that included the Foster’s bureau inside a section of Merchants Plaza.
The female victims listed in police affidavits were unknowingly videotaped “in various stages of undress” inside the bathroom.

more at link ............ http://thelebanonvoice.com/makem-waives-arraignment-hires-defense-attorney-cms-1152

Ughhhhh :(

From October 2014:

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20141029/GJNEWS_01/141029321

A city man who hid a camera in the ceiling of a women’s restroom has been accepted into the Step Down program run by the county’s Community Corrections Program.

Conor Makem, 46, pleaded guilty on May 30 to 19 counts of invasion of privacy and one count of falsifying physical evidence. He admitted to taking multiple pictures of at least six victims in a bathroom at Merchants Plaza in Rochester between July 1, 2012, and October of last year...

Makem was sentenced to serve 12 months at Strafford County House of Corrections and had completed almost five months when he was admitted on Monday into the Step Down program.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back