1486 users online (269 members and 1217 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA - Jaylon Green, 8, Tacoma, 18 Oct 2013

Tacoma police search for missing 8-year-old boy

Tacoma Police are searching for an 8-year-old boy last seen leaving the Tacoma Boys and Girls Club.

[snip]

Cool said search teams were fanning out in the area, along with air support from King County's Guardian One helicopter.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/1...#storylink=cpy

Have you seen this missing Tacoma boy?

Tacoma police are searching for an 8-year-old boy who went missing Friday evening from a local Boys and Girls Club.

Jaylon Green was last seen leaving the Boys and Girls Club at 3875 South 66th Street at roughly 6 p.m., according to police.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/H...228434491.html

Tacoma police seek missing 8-year-old boy, ask for publicís help

[snip]

Heís described as a black male, 4-foot, 70 pounds, last seen wearing a dark blue long-sleeved jacket with a hoodie, blue jeans and black-and-white shoes.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 10-19-2013 at 11:05 AM.

So it's almost midnight in WA... so he's been gone 6 hours.
    I suspect this will have a happy ending within 24 hours.
    (Hopefully I'm right!)

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    So it's almost midnight in WA... so he's been gone 6 hours.
    I suspect this will have a happy ending within 24 hours.
    (Hopefully I'm right!)
    Hope so too! I live near a different Boys and Girls Club in Tacoma and unfortunately, it's not at all uncommon for kids (sometimes even younger than 8) to walk to and from by themselves.

It's very cold tonight. Well, for Tacoma (just south of Seattle). Mid-40s and very foggy.

Hopefully he's at one of those "unauthorized sleep overs" with a friend and will be discovered safe and warm soon!

The walking to and from doesn't sound unusual to me unfortunately.
    Do we know who reported him missing?
    Last edited by MsFacetious; 10-19-2013 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Hope so too! I live near a different Boys and Girls Club in Tacoma and unfortunately, it's not at all uncommon for kids (sometimes even younger than 8) to walk to and from by themselves.

It's very cold tonight. Well, for Tacoma (just south of Seattle). Mid-40s and very foggy.

Hopefully he's at one of those "unauthorized sleep overs" with a friend and will be discovered safe and warm soon!
    I wonder how far his walk home was. No way would I let my kids walk down any street at 8 yrs old, but I lived in a big scary city then. I sure hope he's found safe soon!

Can't find anything about who reported him missing or how far his walk was. I wonder if he left alone or with a friend or group of friends? Saw in one article they had a helicopter up looking. I wonder if they think he may be hiding out somewhere? Or if it's just a precautionary thing? (Good on them if it is.)

Quote Originally Posted by AnjL View Post
    I wonder how far his walk home was. No way would I let my kids walk down any street at 8 yrs old, but I lived in a big scary city then. I sure hope he's found safe soon!
    Tacoma is a big scary city too, lol. Almost 200,000 people. (HUGE to me!) Although the "scary" part has gotten a lot better in recent years, it's still not a place any child should be walking alone.

KOMO Assignment Desk ‏@KOMODeskFolk

Now an @Amber_Alert has been issued for 8yr old Jaylon Green
    - missing in Tacoma. Please look at his photo & re-tweet pic.twitter.com/ym5wmTYtlI

It is now here: http://www.missingkids.com/AMBER

It has been all over twitter for an hour, people claiming there is an Amber Alert.

WA State Patrol ‏@wastatepatrol 1m

.@AMBER_Alert 8-yr-old Jaylon Green walked away from secure Boys & Girls Club facility. Call Tacoma PD 2537984721 http://www.amberalert.com/alerts/38a...4e0895c3b83f2/

Missing 8-year-old boy found safe

http://www.krem.com/news/Police-look...228457161.html

KREM.com
    Posted on October 19, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    Updated today at 7:22 AM

Found safe!

So glad Jaylon was found safe.

Confused as to why I did not get a cell phone alert when the AMBER Alert was activated.

It seems as though ever since the Hannah Anderson AMBER Alert which was activated several times across several states, there was some backlash and I haven't gotten a cell phone alert since (despite at least 3 AMBER Alerts in my state). Has anyone heard what happened with the cell phone alert system?

Also, looks like he spent the night in the woods...

http://q13fox.com/2013/10/19/tacoma-...#axzz2i9BztDGV

Tacoma police spokeswoman Loretta Cool said that Green left the Boys and Girls club by himself and walked home. When he got home, he discovered that his parents werenít there. He then knocked on a neighborís door, but they also werenít home. He told police he thought he was going to be in trouble and got scared.

Cool said he hid in some nearby woods. The young boy may have seen some searchlights, but didnít hear the police or searchers looking for him. Cool said that Green feel asleep and probably spent the entire night in the woods, despite the cold, wet weather.