1343 users online (298 members and 1045 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299

    ...didn't live in the house.

    I read today that the vast majority of child murders each year are committed by a parent, and a only very slight minority committed by an intruder. On the other hand, I also read today that "parents who kill" are typically found to be suffering from psychosis, socioeconomic failure, and/or social withdrawl. Domestic abuse is very common in the case studies.

    The Ramseys suffer no such disorders, but the ransom note author does.

    There were 2 things found in the Ramsey house on 12-26-96 that are clearly manifestations of psychotic behavior:
    • The note threatening to behead a child,
    • and the garroted and headbashed young girl.
    From this, you could safely say there was a violent psychotic in the Ramsey house, at least on that night.

    If you were to rate the 2 manifestations separately on a scale of 1-10, 10 being most psychotic, you'd get a similar 9 or 10 for both, right? The note and the killing each displayed about the same amount and the same type of psychotic behavior. Both were brazen displays of extreme aggression and violence aimed at a small child.

    What manifestations of psychotic behavior have taken place at the Ramsey's before the 2 manifestations of 12-26-96, and how would they rate on a 1-10 scale?

    What manifestations of psychotic behavior have taken place at the Ramsey's after the 2 manifestations of 12-26-96, and how would they rate on a 1-10 scale?

    Nothing over a 1 or 2, right?



    The fact that there was no violence aimed at children, and no manifestations of psychotic behavior that even approximated the ransom note prior to 12-26-96, leads to the conclusion that the violent psychotic who wrote the note and murdered JonBenet didn't live in the house.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat
    I read today that the vast majority of child murders each year are committed by a parent, and a only very slight minority committed by an intruder. On the other hand, I also read today that "parents who kill" are typically found to be suffering from psychosis, socioeconomic failure, and/or social withdrawl. Domestic abuse is very common in the case studies.

    The Ramseys suffer no such disorders, but the ransom note author does.

    There were 2 things found in the Ramsey house on 12-26-96 that are clearly manifestations of psychotic behavior:
    • The note threatening to behead a child,
    • and the garroted and headbashed young girl.
    From this, you could safely say there was a violent psychotic in the Ramsey house, at least on that night.

    If you were to rate the 2 manifestations separately on a scale of 1-10, 10 being most psychotic, you'd get a similar 9 or 10 for both, right? The note and the killing each displayed about the same amount and the same type of psychotic behavior. Both were brazen displays of extreme aggression and violence aimed at a small child.

    What manifestations of psychotic behavior have taken place at the Ramsey's before the 2 manifestations of 12-26-96, and how would they rate on a 1-10 scale?

    What manifestations of psychotic behavior have taken place at the Ramsey's after the 2 manifestations of 12-26-96, and how would they rate on a 1-10 scale?

    Nothing over a 1 or 2, right?



    The fact that there was no violence aimed at children, and no manifestations of psychotic behavior that even approximated the ransom note prior to 12-26-96, leads to the conclusion that the violent psychotic who wrote the note and murdered JonBenet didn't live in the house.



    Holdontoyourhat,

    I agree the violence exhibited at the crime scene and in the text of the ransom note fit each other. The writer of the ransom note probably also killed JonBenet. I also agree the behaviors of the parents, John and Patsy, do not fit this behavioral scenario. There was no intruder because the parents are lying and are engaged in a full-blown effort to coverup the identity of the killer, and they wouldn't do these things for the benefit of an intruder who murdered their daughter. Who does this leave?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061

    Well Hmmm

    Another random observation by me and would you agree or disagree, is that ALL psychotic killers were once children themselves?

    So, would you consider a beginning evolution of a psychotic child might be striking the head of a sibling with a golf club? I am remembering such an incident in Michigan, when Burke accidentally ? hit JonBenet in the head with a golfclub.

    Then I am set to wonder where has 'our' psychotic killer gone to ply his activities since the killing of JonBenet?

    I am also wondering what sets 'OFF' a psychotic killer. in other words just WHAT would be the 'trigger' to GO to someone elses home in middle of the night and kill an innocent child?


    .
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.





    """I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    I think you conveniently missed the whole point of my post, BlueCrab. In the complete absence of even remotely comparable psychotic manifestations prior to or after 12-26-96, the only reasonable conclusion is that the violent psychotic doesn't live there.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat
    I think you conveniently missed the whole point of my post, BlueCrab. In the complete absence of even remotely comparable psychotic manifestations prior to or after 12-26-96, the only reasonable conclusion is that the violent psychotic doesn't live there.

    Holdontoyourhat,

    I don't think I missed anything. Your post was in reference to PARENTS not exhibiting psychotic manifestations prior to or after 12/26/96. By eliminating only the parents you cannot reasonably conclude that a violent psychotic person doesn't live in the house.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    My post:

    What manifestations of psychotic behavior have taken place at the Ramsey's before the 2 manifestations of 12-26-96, and how would they rate on a 1-10 scale?

    What manifestations of psychotic behavior have taken place at the Ramsey's after the 2 manifestations of 12-26-96, and how would they rate on a 1-10 scale?

    Nothing over a 1 or 2, right?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------


    I said "at the Ramsey's", not "by Mr. or Mrs. Ramsey."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat
    I read today that the vast majority of child murders each year are committed by a parent, and a only very slight minority committed by an intruder. On the other hand, I also read today that "parents who kill" are typically found to be suffering from psychosis, socioeconomic failure, and/or social withdrawl. Domestic abuse is very common in the case studies.

    The Ramseys suffer no such disorders, but the ransom note author does.

    There were 2 things found in the Ramsey house on 12-26-96 that are clearly manifestations of psychotic behavior:
    • The note threatening to behead a child,
    • and the garroted and headbashed young girl.
    From this, you could safely say there was a violent psychotic in the Ramsey house, at least on that night.

    If you were to rate the 2 manifestations separately on a scale of 1-10, 10 being most psychotic, you'd get a similar 9 or 10 for both, right? The note and the killing each displayed about the same amount and the same type of psychotic behavior. Both were brazen displays of extreme aggression and violence aimed at a small child.

    What manifestations of psychotic behavior have taken place at the Ramsey's before the 2 manifestations of 12-26-96, and how would they rate on a 1-10 scale?

    What manifestations of psychotic behavior have taken place at the Ramsey's after the 2 manifestations of 12-26-96, and how would they rate on a 1-10 scale?

    Nothing over a 1 or 2, right?



    The fact that there was no violence aimed at children, and no manifestations of psychotic behavior that even approximated the ransom note prior to 12-26-96, leads to the conclusion that the violent psychotic who wrote the note and murdered JonBenet didn't live in the house.


    holdontoyourhat,

    Your post started out by talking about PARENTS who kill their children, and it didn't waver from that premise. There wasn't anything about siblings killing children, so it's reasonable to assume you meant only the parents.

    If you include everyone in the house then I disagree with your conclusion because, IMO, someone in that house -- John, Patsy, or Burke -- is directly involved in the death of JonBenet.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Posts
    3,955
    The Ramseys suffer no such disorders,
    Who diagnosed them, to determine this?

    I disagree with this assessment.

    Imho, (Sprockey's dx ) Patsy is a Borderline.
    John is a Narcissist.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket
    Who diagnosed them, to determine this?

    I disagree with this assessment.

    Imho, (Sprockey's dx ) Patsy is a Borderline.
    John is a Narcissist.
    That's exactly my point! There is no diagnosis of psychosis for any Ramsey, before or after 12-26-96.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat
    That's exactly my point! There is no diagnosis of psychosis for any Ramsey, before or after 12-26-96.
    Sorry if I misunderstood your post.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061

    Welll

    No posters on WS or elsewhere that I have ever heard of, then of course the collective WE of WS, have never posted a legitimate diagnosis of psychotic behaviors on anyone involved in this case. Therefore WE who live here in mushroom country donut really know who is, or who was, or who might be, that either lived in the Ramsey home or might have visited in the Ramsey home, or lived across the street, next door to the Ramseys, or down the street and around the corner from the Ramseys.

    Semantics aside, the note writer was imaginative and prolific with a writing instrument. Sounds more like it might have been written by a budding writer or Journalism major.

    I still think a regulation and official perpetrator would have left a note that merely said, "I have your daughter, I want $118,000, in twenties only. I will call you at 10AM the 26th". Might have added, "donut call the police or she is dead".

    Plus in the interest of true greed, the perp would have taken JonBenet, and called at 10AM on the 26th. Additionally IF IF the perp were truly greedy as the note specified, FAT CAT, he/she/they would have asked for a bigger hunk of the FATNESS.

    ------------------------

    PS, I do know how to write don't.
    About the note, I have a 10 year old grandson, he is very very smart, he plays piano, composes beautiful piano pieces, has worn out 3 piano teachers. Plays soccer, hockey, LaCrosse, reads, plays his Nintendo, ya dah. He would never have punched out a note that LONG!

    Wonder what The young Ramsey did in his SPARE time, never heard of anything in particular, other than his game that he took the morning of LE arriving.
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.





    """I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""



Similar Threads

  1. A Tiny House: Could You Live Here?
    By Hopeful One in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 05:29 PM
  2. Watch Live: LIVE at the Anthony's Home - LIVE at the discovered site
    By MADJGNLAW in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 09:12 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 06:33 PM