1327 users online (214 members and 1113 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68
Results 1,006 to 1,012 of 1012
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    I just put together another floor plan with just the room names. It's a little cleaner than the other plans I've posted. I've also overlaid the plan on the google map so we can see that the kitchen window (access from the deck) is not at all visible from the road, but Filomina's window is easily visible.

....and this video adds another perspective to your excellent floor plan and map

Last edited by KateB; 06-06-2015 at 06:19 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Last edited by KateB; 06-06-2015 at 06:19 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
    It is similar to the Jerry Heimann murder, which Charlie Wilkes discussed at JREFF some time ago. I will quote only a small portion: "Why didn't Greg call the cops the minute he arrived at his father's house and found the furniture gone and the old lady in a state of neglect? Isn't that what any normal person would have done? How could Greg and his wife prepare and eat dinner in a kitchen where there was blood spatter on the walls and furniture without even noticing it?"

Arguments from personal incredulity (I wouldn't have showered in that bathroom, therefore Amanda is a liar, therefore she is guilty) basically never make it out of the gate with me because of examples like yours and Charlie's.
    An argument based on what a "normal" person would do begs the question whether the person making the argument is, in fact, "normal" in any sense of the word. So much of the so-called "strange" behavior attributed to Amanda seems perfectly normal to me if I try to put myself in her position . This is especially true given the highly unusual circumstances she was facing.

On the other hand no one, to my knowledge, has ever accused me of being normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    I didn't watch the documentary. I post this here simply to show that getting to the second story window appears not to be too difficult as shown in this clip:

http://youtu.be/UsQLKWDskhA?t=6m14s

ETA: bars were added to the window after the murder but he seemed to get up there with ease.
    thanks Harmony for posting this video. I think we've all seen our fair share of free runner videos that it was finally nice to see an actual demonstration confirming how easy it is to climb the original window. I was also watching the time, he was up there in like 10 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    why put bars on a window the average person cannot climb up to and use to break into the cottage?
    Funny, I thought the very same thing. For the naysayers, the climber also demonstrates how the security bars aren't needed, he opens/shuts the shutters and even pretends to move glass around.
    my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    I've always tried to be fair and if she is innocent, then I would want her vindicated.

But the email was very worrisome to me from the beginning. It struck me as odd, and more than odd.

Too defensive. And as if a story were being committed to record and to memory.
    A little too much said, and an alarm goes off in the basement of the brain...

ETA:

I don't take statement analysis for gospel, but way back in the beginning of this case, when I leaned heavily toward innocence,
    this part of the email bothered me, and I intuitively sensed what the analyst concludes here:
    Oh verryyy interestng. So perhaps this is when some kind of initial confrontation took place? She says they "talked for a while" in the kitchen.

"Nothing out of the ordinary." Wow, that is so interesting. Trying to digest it now. If the murder was a random event/burglary, which obviously would not have been the fault of anyone except the burglar/murderer...then what would their kitchen conversation have to do with the murder? In other words, why did she have to say it was "nothing out of the ordinary?" Her whole e-mail was regarding Meredith's murder...by saying "nothing out of the ordinary," she is saying that nothing in their conversation foretold or gave her any sense of the awful events that would unfold that night. But of course, why would it, if it was some random event? Because even Meredith would have obviously not known anything about that. So why would there conversation have foretold anything....if neither of them had any idea of what was going to happen to her that night.

Hmmmmmm. Again I say, interestingggggggg. Or it could have been that they actually were having some argument in the kitchen, Meredith left and left Amanda seething over what she said. Anger which carried over into the night.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

link

He is standing on the bottom window sill and still is able to reach the window on the top...He does not utilize the bars on the window below to climb up on...

link link

This man is using the bars to climb up on and he is wearing dress shoes...I think without the hindrance of the newly added burglar bars, getting forearms and upper body into the window would not be difficult.

link

I still think it is very possible to gain entry but that is just my opinion...
    But I think there would have been obvious signs then that the entry was real. There is, IMO, no way to do all that and it be even a possibility that the window was staged.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68