1265 users online (208 members and 1057 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    Well the reason people get caught is because they don't think of everything. The perfect crime is not an easy accomplishment and they didnt have a whole lot of time. It may have been a slip in the moment to reply that nothing had been stolen when asked by 112. Considering how would they. Know nothing hadn't been stolen if they weren't the ones that staged it. If you came home to a ransacked room,broken window, and front door open would your answer be "no nothing was taken"?
    If I had glanced around and seen the obvious items to steal were still there, ie laptop etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
    If I had glanced around and seen the obvious items to steal were still there, ie laptop etc
    Well IMO it's just one more thing they knew about the crime that they shouldn't have in a long list of many.

Quote from Snoods:

The math theory 'The Prisoners Paradox" is just that. A math problem. You yourself may know this theory, Otto, but I confess I didn't know what it was before reading your post and looking it up. It is doubtful that AK and RS and RG all had the chance to familiarize themselves with said theory in said book. And if you read the math problem below, it is a totally different fictional circumstance. It is unfair to let people assume that it is a well known study or known among criminals.

Snoods, I'm moving this over since the last thread is closed. I want to say that I don't think it's about them studying a theory or anything like that....I originally wasn't even talking about a specific theory, but come to find out that there is one about it.......I was just talking about generally the principle I learned in one of my economics classes was that everyone does what is in their own interest (talking about deals, etc., then Otto told me it's called "game theory" which I had forgotten).

So they come up with the theory, based on what people will naturally do given that principle. This is what I assume Amanda, RS, and and RG did independently of each other, no need for studying anything or even conspiring.....because each other did what was best for their own selves, this is the result that came of it....no one "rats out" anyone else.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

No posts since mine in the morning? I think some might not know there is a new thread....
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Question Just an aside. . .

Just a quick aside. I happened to be looking at the Perugia Murder File forum and someone had cited an article from 2007, at the original time of the Knox and Sollecito arrests.

I was very , very surprised to see, coming from Sollecito, instead of the "two young lovers wrongfully accused" meme, his insistence not only that he never again wanted anything whatever to do with knives or drugs , but more surprising: that he never wanted to speak to Knox again, claimed it was her fault they were arrested, and that he now saw that their "paths in life were strongly divergent".

The reason this is stunning to me, is that I had assumed that from day one, the two had clung to eachother, woefully aware of their mutual innocence and horrible fate at the hands of over-zealous police investigators.

Whereas when one reads these things, it all looks very different, as though the "2 innocent lovers wrongfully accused" meme was cooked up later? Disturbing.

In one interview he said that he never wants to see Amanda Knox, his former girlfriend, again.
    "If I am here it's her fault above all" he said, answering questions through his lawyer. "I am conscious that contrary to what I thought, our paths have diverged profoundly".
    When asked what he would like to say to Amanda Knox, who also remains behind bars, he replied: "Nothing. I have absolutely nothing to say to her."
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2iOdKsocM

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    No posts since mine in the morning? I think some might not know there is a new thread....
    I was also wondering if some can't find their way here.

My last post on thread #2 directly links to this thread so it shouldn't be a problem.

Hth

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    My last post on thread #2 directly links to this thread so it shouldn't be a problem.

Hth
    True, it does. Thanks. Guess it's just a slow night.

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Double A, I went through the old thread and read all the posts, including yours. I "thanked" a number of yours and don't want you to think I was ignoring your replies to me.

I think you explain very clearly where you and I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    Well the reason people get caught is because they don't think of everything. The perfect crime is not an easy accomplishment and they didnt have a whole lot of time. It may have been a slip in the moment to reply that nothing had been stolen when asked by 112. Considering how would they. Know nothing hadn't been stolen if they weren't the ones that staged it. If you came home to a ransacked room,broken window, and front door open would your answer be "no nothing was taken"?
    How could they answer that question without going into Meredith's room, I wonder.. Wouldn't checking Meredith's room be the first thing to do after looking around - there just standing around with her room locked bothers me, does not seem natural thing people would do..

Also, AK said Meredith always locked her door. I thought Filomina say she did not lock her door - Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    How could they answer that question without going into Meredith's room, I wonder.. Wouldn't checking Meredith's room be the first thing to do after looking around - there just standing around with her room locked bothers me, does not seem natural thing people would do..

Also, AK said Meredith always locked her door. I thought Filomina say she did not lock her door - Is that correct?
    Yes AK told the police that it was normal for Meredith to lock her door. When Filomena heard, she corrected that saying Meredith only locked her door when in London and insisted the door be broke down.

The worst part is the inconsistencies from her email story she sent to friends. In it she claimed her and Raffaele were in a panic about Meredith's door. Raffaele had even attempted to break it down. Only after the police arrives unexpectantly did that panic vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Just a quick aside. I happened to be looking at the Perugia Murder File forum and someone had cited an article from 2007, at the original time of the Knox and Sollecito arrests.

I was very , very surprised to see, coming from Sollecito, instead of the "two young lovers wrongfully accused" meme, his insistence not only that he never again wanted anything whatever to do with knives or drugs , but more surprising: that he never wanted to speak to Knox again, claimed it was her fault they were arrested, and that he now saw that their "paths in life were strongly divergent".

The reason this is stunning to me, is that I had assumed that from day one, the two had clung to eachother, woefully aware of their mutual innocence and horrible fate at the hands of over-zealous police investigators.

Whereas when one reads these things, it all looks very different, as though the "2 innocent lovers wrongfully accused" meme was cooked up later? Disturbing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2iOdKsocM
    Thank you SMK, I would have never found that if you hadn't posted it.

I went to the bookstore earlier and spent maybe 30 minutes perusing a book about this trial...sorry, I cannot remember the author or even the name of the book. It was a little paperback one, from a journalist.

I thought it was very interesting that after Amanda called Filomena and told her (I guess one of the later calls), that the window was broken, blood in bathroom, etc., Filomena immediately called her friends to go check on that Amanda and see what she did. And she said she also felt immediately very worried and panicked, which is exact opposite of Amanda's reaction, and Amanda saw it first-hand while Filomena only heard of it through the phone (about the "burglary"). And it seemed to me from what I read that Filomena immediately suspected that whatever had happened, Amanda had some kind of hand in it.

Why would Filomena have such a reaction? That Amanda would have something to do with a broken window and some blood in the bathroom and the general state of the house? The thing I can logically presume is that she had seen some very crazy behavior from Amanda during her partying. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause Filomena to have that reaction.

So going from there...is it that hard to believe that her partying, which was already seemingly abnormal in its extent , could progress to something out-of-control and dangerous?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Double A, I went through the old thread and read all the posts, including yours. I "thanked" a number of yours and don't want you to think I was ignoring your replies to me.

I think you explain very clearly where you and I disagree.
    awww Nova, it's just not the same on here without you

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post

bbm

Omg, good point! See, it's like I said, we don't think of the OBVIOUS sometimes when we are so into dissecting all the small details....but the "big" things are right there smacking us in the face.

I believe Amanda later back-tracked and said that Raffaelo tried very hard to break open the door, but he couldn't. Which I do not believe for one second that they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova
    "Police Chief Magazine"? Yeah, there's an unbiased source.

The Innocence Project finds that of convicted felons exonerated by DNA, etc., a full 1 in 4 have been previously coerced into confessing. That's a figure that should alarm us all.

But if you are just taking the police at their word, then I'm not surprised you are so insistent on the guilt of AK and RS.
    They give a range of 0.001% to 0.04%. Even if I take the upper limit then I still get 99.96% of questioning where people just tell the truth. Your claim of DNA exoneration cases is something completely different. Apples and oranges. Not all police are liars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova
    "in the meantime" can mean "before the carabinieri arrived" as well as "before I made the call".

This cherry-picking of partial phrases out of context gets really tiresome. From now on, I'm going to resist the impulse to correct each and every distortion of the record.
    What distortion? He spoke Italian. Not English. It is clear what he meant in Italian. What cherry picking? His own admission, CCTV images, phone records, and 6 witnesses all make it rather clear what happened there.

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast