649 users online (87 members and 562 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Thank you SMK, I would have never found that if you hadn't posted it.

I went to the bookstore earlier and spent maybe 30 minutes perusing a book about this trial...sorry, I cannot remember the author or even the name of the book. It was a little paperback one, from a journalist.

I thought it was very interesting that after Amanda called Filomena and told her (I guess one of the later calls), that the window was broken, blood in bathroom, etc., Filomena immediately called her friends to go check on that Amanda and see what she did. And she said she also felt immediately very worried and panicked, which is exact opposite of Amanda's reaction, and Amanda saw it first-hand while Filomena only heard of it through the phone (about the "burglary"). And it seemed to me from what I read that Filomena immediately suspected that whatever had happened, Amanda had some kind of hand in it.

Why would Filomena have such a reaction? That Amanda would have something to do with a broken window and some blood in the bathroom and the general state of the house? The thing I can logically presume is that she had seen some very crazy behavior from Amanda during her partying. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause Filomena to have that reaction.

So going from there...is it that hard to believe that her partying, which was already seemingly abnormal in its extent , could progress to something out-of-control and dangerous?
    From what you say is stated in the book, assuming it can be trusted as factual, that would lead one to believe that there may have been something about Knox which was already less than trustworthy, and that maybe some crazy behavior had been witnessed, as you say.

I have tried always to view her with a liberal and unbiased eye, but it does give one pause when these things from RS and F come out.

Filomena acted IMO with common sense - break the door down, to the point of even saying she would pay for it.
    I'm bother by how could anyone upon entering the cottage and seeing what looks like some kind of break-in took place, blood around, know that MK was not out of town, yet her door was locked - not want to get that door open.
    Did AK/RS go up to the door and try to listen in, or call to see if MK was inside? Wouldn't all that blood and a body that's been there for hours create a scent that was unusual concentrating and coming from MK room ???

So I have the quandary just mentioned, and then I add to that story changes/lies that follow...

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Filomena acted IMO with common sense - break the door down, to the point of even saying she would pay for it.
    I'm bother by how could anyone upon entering the cottage and seeing what looks like some kind of break-in took place, blood around, know that MK was not out of town, yet her door was locked - not want to get that door open.
    Did AK/RS go up to the door and try to listen in, or call to see if MK was inside? Wouldn't all that blood and a body that's been there for hours create a scent that was unusual concentrating and coming from MK room ???

So I have the quandary just mentioned, and then I add to that story changes/lies that follow...
    OldSteve, not to mention.....how did they know the "burglar" was not HIDING IN MEREDITH'S ROOM? After all, the door was locked! Wouldn't you want to check the whole house out so you can make sure there's no one hiding somewhere in the house?? Omigosh, when we break it down like so, their story just melts away like an ice cube under the sun....
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Experts will update congress on Amanda Knox case
    re-scheduled for October 30 @ 9am

http://www.westseattleherald.com/201...-knox-case-oct
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    From Facebook, there is to be a Congressional Briefing on the case in Washington, DC:
    (Mods: I shared this on my own Facebook Status, so it is my own Facebook posting I have copied)

Update on Congressional Briefing: A panel of experts will address congressional members and staff on the third trial of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito during “Update and Briefing on the Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito Case,” a congressional briefing hosted by Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA) and Rep. Adam Smith (D-WA9) at the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, Room SVC 202, on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m.

If you're in the D.C. area, please try to attend.

* The next court date of the trial is scheduled for November 6, 2013 in Florence, Italy.
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...06344459390034

So to my thinking at least a Congressional briefing would indicate that they feel Knox is being harassed by the Italian courts; that the case is not legitimate (so where does that leave the International Extradition Treaty with Italy, which presupposes respect for Italian courts and rulings?)Or perhaps this has no real significance, but is more a PR thing?
    Last edited by SMK; 10-22-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    From Facebook, there is to be a Congressional Briefing on the case in Washington, DC:
    (Mods: I shared this on my own Facebook Status, so it is my own Facebook posting I have copied)

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...06344459390034

So to my thinking at least a Congressional briefing would indicate that they feel Knox is being harassed by the Italian courts; that the case is not legitimate (so where does that leave the International Extradition Treaty with Italy, which presupposes respect for Italian courts and rulings?)Or perhaps this has no real significance, but is more a PR thing?
    I think there's a PR spin on this, it's much less serious than is being made out to be. I don't think it has anything to do with congress thinking Italian courts are harassing her. The evidence in the case speaks for itself.

OldSteve, not to mention.....how did they know the "burglar" was not HIDING IN MEREDITH'S ROOM? After all, the door was locked! Wouldn't you want to check the whole house out so you can make sure there's no one hiding somewhere in the house?? Omigosh, when we break it down like so, their story just melts away like an ice cube under the sun....
    Not to mention Amanda's story is she came home through that open front door, left it open and took a shower! Who would do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    I think there's a PR spin on this, it's much less serious than is being made out to be. I don't think it has anything to do with congress thinking Italian courts are harassing her. The evidence in the case speaks for itself.
    a retired FBI Supervisory Special Agent and criminal investigator will discuss the failures of the Italian police investigation and the evidence
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

Yes, someone had said that they are perhaps preparing for an argument against extradition, in the event of a Guilty verdict. Maybe they do want the case on record in Washington, as a reference if things go wrong later on.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Yes, someone had said that they are perhaps preparing for an argument against extradition, in the event of a Guilty verdict. Maybe they do want the case on record in Washington, as a reference if things go wrong later on.
    What happened on October 2 in the visitor center?

“Update and Briefing on the Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito Case,” a congressional briefing hosted by Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA) and Rep. Adam Smith (D-WA9) at the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, Room SVC 203, on Wednesday, October 2, 2013 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. The trial is scheduled to begin on September 30, 2013 in Florence, Italy."

I don't see anything in the article suggesting that it has been re-scheduled. Where did you find that information? What sort of things normally go on in the visitor center?

ETA:

It sounds like Cantwell has booked a room and will invite people to hear her opinion of the trial for the murder of Meredith Kercher. Strange.

"Can my company rent rooms in the Capitol Visitor Center?
    The Visitor Center is not available for rental by any private entities or private event planning companies. Any event that held in the Capitol Visitor Center is sponsored by a Member of Congress. The same rules that apply to the room usage in the Capitol apply to the Capitol Visitor Center."

http://www.visitthecapitol.gov/plan-...sked-questions
    Last edited by otto; 10-22-2013 at 09:45 PM.

otto-- i believe the initial meeting was postponed b/c of the shutdown. the meeting was mentioned on a news report earlier today. i don't recall which channel. maybe a seattle one?

Have there been other times when murder squad detectives operated on their "own initiative" and violated a person's right? Say, for example, in the Meredith Kercher murder case?

In that case, which detective decided not to have an audio tape recording of Amanda Knox's interrogation, even though it was otherwise standard procedure? Which detective determined Amanda Knox was not a homicide "suspect" until police got an incriminating statement from her? Zugarini has said she offered Knox a "French pastry," but did not mention a lawyer, even though it was Knox's right to have one.

But what happened next is, no doubt, a delicious reversal of fortune for Amanda Knox and her supporters to watch.

Instead of dropping the charges against Napoleoni, the Perugia prosecutor appealed the judge's "no evidence" opinion, leaving Napoleoni under a cloud of suspicion to this day. And Napoleoni's reaction? She told the media, it was "unjustified aggression toward me by the prosecutor" and a "totally subjective interpretation of the facts."

Could Napoleoni be right? After her lengthy connection to the Kercher case, who better to know when a prosecutor engages in "unjustified aggression" and "totally subjective interpretation of the facts." The only thing left to wonder is, is there an Italian phrase for "if the shoe fits, wear it'?
    much more @ http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...st-knox-trial/

OldSteve, not to mention.....

How did they know the "burglar" was not HIDING IN MEREDITH'S ROOM?

After all, the door was locked!

Wouldn't you want to check the whole house out so you can make sure there's no one hiding somewhere in the house??

Omigosh, when we break it down like so, their story just melts away like an ice cube under the sun....
    RBBM:

Great points !

Knox and Raf's "story" about trying to break down Meredith's door never made sense, IMO ...

IF you go home and find:

- Your front door open ...

- Blood in your bathroom ...

- An "unflushed toilet" in another bathroom in your home ...

- Your roommate's door is locked, and she is not answering even when you try to break the door down :

Wouldn't you IMMEDIATELY dial the police for help ?

Hello ?

JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockh View Post
    You 'forgot' to quote this part:
    lol-- i didn't forget anything... TOS state 10%, right?

and, if that was your take-away from the article/my post, you missed the main point.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast