1132 users online (198 members and 934 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    608

    TX - Houston, BlkFem 552UFTX, 25-35, Pierced Heart Tattoo, Jun'05

    Apologies if I have not titled this thread correctly.

    Black female found in Texas on 30th June 2005. Scar on abdomen, 2 inch braids in hair and tattoos on left hand and wrist - one pierced heart and one illegible.

    She was 25-35 years old and about 64 inches tall.

    Estimated postmortem interval - 1 week.

    https://identifyus.org/cases/3198
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/552uftx.html
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-21-2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Revised thread title and added DoeNet link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,935
    We've submitted Wanda Dawson-Rogers-Campbell as a possible match. Missing April 2003. Black 31 year old with NamUs picture showing what appears to be braids. She has a heart tattoo on back of hand and the letters TT on inside of left forearm.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2436/2/
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Galveston
    Posts
    626
    I got this email today from Sharon, and I can't tell you how happy it made me. It is so nice that she has so much confidence in all of us, and I truly feel special to be able to share this with all of you. She has seen all of our hard work on smurfettes case that now she wants us to work this one!!!



    Alyssa,
    I am reaching out to you on one of our identification cases that I would sure like to solve. Maybe you and your colleagues can come up with some comparisons on her. There are some associations in NamUs but I have such a limited amount of time to look for these cases that I haven’t followed through to see if they are even worthwhile. This young woman is believed to be 25-35 years old at death in 2005. I can’t believe that nobody has been looking for her after all these years. Take a look and see what you think.
    Thanks,
    Sharon
    Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

    "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Galveston
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    We've submitted Wanda Dawson-Rogers-Campbell as a possible match. Missing April 2003. Black 31 year old with NamUs picture showing what appears to be braids. She has a heart tattoo on back of hand and the letters TT on inside of left forearm.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2436/2/
    We talked about her, she remembers your submission it's in her notes. She contacted Maryland LE never got a call back.
    Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

    "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Galveston
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdancer View Post
    Apologies if I have not titled this thread correctly.

    Black female found in Texas on 30th June 2005. Scar on abdomen, 2 inch braids in hair and tattoos on left hand and wrist - one pierced heart and one illegible.

    She was 25-35 years old and about 64 inches tall.

    Estimated postmortem interval - 1 week.

    https://identifyus.org/cases/3198
    Thank you sooooo much Shadowdancer, you're amazing!
    Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

    "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyssav View Post
    I got this email today from Sharon, and I can't tell you how happy it made me. It is so nice that she has so much confidence in all of us, and I truly feel special to be able to share this with all of you. She has seen all of our hard work on smurfettes case that now she wants us to work this one!!!



    Alyssa,
    I am reaching out to you on one of our identification cases that I would sure like to solve. Maybe you and your colleagues can come up with some comparisons on her. There are some associations in NamUs but I have such a limited amount of time to look for these cases that I haven’t followed through to see if they are even worthwhile. This young woman is believed to be 25-35 years old at death in 2005. I can’t believe that nobody has been looking for her after all these years. Take a look and see what you think.
    Thanks,
    Sharon
    That is such a lovely email! Dr Derrick is really terrific, isn't she?!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    We've submitted Wanda Dawson-Rogers-Campbell as a possible match. Missing April 2003. Black 31 year old with NamUs picture showing what appears to be braids. She has a heart tattoo on back of hand and the letters TT on inside of left forearm.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2436/2/
    I hope that Dr Derrick is able to make more progress with Maryland PD, because Wanda looks a great match! The hand/wrist tattoos are the real clinchers!

    I will start some more Namus searches though, to see if I can find any other PMs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Galveston
    Posts
    626
    Remember since this is an adult chances are if she didn't live near family it's possible they don't know of her tattoos. Also I asked about the hair. It was in braids, 2" in length and natural.

    I also asked about the scar on the abdomen as well, the pathologist did not speculate about its origin. But she described it to me as near the pubic region and about 5.5" in length and well healed. Sounds like a C-Section scar to me.
    Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

    "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    608
    Okay. This is Lila Martin.

    Missing since: April 13th 2004
    Race: Black/African American
    Height: 63 inches

    Addicted to crack cocaine and has a hysterectomy scar on her lower abdomen.

    However, she would have been older than the age estimate at 43 (at the time of the UID's death) and no tattoos listed.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/277/9/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdancer View Post
    Okay. This is Lila Martin.

    Missing since: April 13th 2004
    Race: Black/African American
    Height: 63 inches

    Addicted to crack cocaine and has a hysterectomy scar on her lower abdomen.

    However, she would have been older than the age estimate at 43 (at the time of the UID's death) and no tattoos listed.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/277/9/
    Her dentals are available!
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    Her dentals are available!
    We can probably rule her out then!

    My only concern would be that if Lila was this UID, she would have been likely living a transient lifestyle, with drug addiction prior to her death. This might have caused her to lose a few teeth.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,935
    Here is the link to the Harris County Forensic Institute. It says she weighed 69 lbs. Yikes.

    http://www.harriscountytx.gov/CmpDoc...06-30-1825.pdf

    Strange, I can't find her on TXDPS Unidentified Persons.
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Galveston
    Posts
    626
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/291/9/

    Another with no DNA but dentals available!

    I told her we would have a list for her in the morning

    I just realized that it doesn't state she had a scar on her abdomen, it doesn't mean she didn't get the scar after going missing, but as Dr. Derrick stated it was well healed
    Last edited by Lyssav; 10-21-2013 at 09:52 PM.
    Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

    "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,494
    Here's the DoeNet casefile for this Jane Doe.

    The Doe Network:
    Case File 552UFTX
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/552uftx.html


    Reconstruction of Victim

    Unidentified Black Female

    The victim was discovered on June 30, 2005 in Houston, Harris County, Texas
    Estimated Date of Death: 1 - 2 weeks prior to discovery
    Manner of Death: Homicide
    Moderately Decomposed

    Vital Statistics

    Estimated age: 25-55 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 64"; 5'4". 69 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown or black hair in 2" braids; brown eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Tattoo on left wrist of a heart; tattoo on left hand of the initials "possibly “ IVY” or “IVV”; horizontal scar in the suprapubic region.
    Clothing: White bra.
    Fingerprints: Not Available
    Dentals: Available several dental fillings
    DNA: Available

    Case History
    The victim was located at a vacant Goodyear store (now St. Mena's Tire and Auto Center) at 107 B Milby Avenue when the new owners of the property were cleaning the building in Houston, Texas on June 30, 2005.
    The body was found inside a 55-gallon barrel of used oil and filters. The building had been vacant for about two years after it had caught fire in 2002. Homeless people were known to routinely frequent the location.



    tattoo
    Tattoos on left wrist and hand

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    845
    The height, age, race, hair color, and eye color are spot-on and 2 out of the 3 tattoos are a match. Props to Shadowdancer and Lyssav for finding that potential match; I'm going to be shocked if Wanda and the UID aren't one in the same.

    And Dr. Derrick is awesome. It's so cool that she wants us to help her with other cases after seeing how hard all of us have been working on Smurfette's thread. : )

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 04:44 AM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 07:29 PM
  3. TX TX - Houston, BlkFem UP4625, 16-26, under I-45 overpass, cornrows, Dec'80
    By JayFletcher6493 in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 11:37 AM
  4. GA GA - Atlanta, LIVING BlkFem, 35-45, hit by car, snowflakes tattoo, Dec'07
    By concernedperson in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-26-2015, 02:51 AM
  5. Identified! TX - Houston, BlkFem UP9723, 35-55, skeletal, Nov'11 - Name not found
    By Ms Suzanne in forum Identified!
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 11:56 PM

Tags for this Thread