Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1131UMGA http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1131umga.html

Unidentified White Male

1131UMGA.jpg

The victim was discovered on September 9, 1998 in Monroe County, Georgia
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-25 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"-5'4"; 145-155 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair. Dark complexion.
Clothing: Blue, white and black horizontal, striped shirt; size 34 black Paco jeans; belt with silver buckle.
Case History
The victim was located in a wooded area off Highway 41 North, in Monroe County, Georgia on September 9, 1998.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Monroe County Sheriff's Office
912-994-7043
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

NCIC Number:
U-162209211
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Georgia Bureau of Investigations

Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index

Doe says "White", Namus says "Asian", GBI says "Hispanic." Oy vey.

Height, sex, age, timeline are all right on. Yim was last seen in NY....doesn't make it impossible, but it is a question mark. Wish Yim's dentals were available, looks like GBI says UID had bridge and partial plate. Totally possible, and probably worth calling in.

Doe says "White", Namus says "Asian", GBI says "Hispanic." Oy vey.

Height, sex, age, timeline are all right on. Yim was last seen in NY....doesn't make it impossible, but it is a question mark. Wish Yim's dentals were available, looks like GBI says UID had bridge and partial plate. Totally possible, and probably worth calling in.

I've never called into LE before, and I would feel uncomfortable doing so; though the similarities are too eerie to discount.

Article with early recon of UID and other info. Has the same head shape as Yim.

Article from when first discovered.

There's also an article on two people accused of killing the UID... one was found not guilty, the other I cannot find any info on, so I don't know if I should post or not.

For what it's worth, the UID in Long Island thought of being Yim had a tooth missing in the same place as the Monroe County UID.

I see a resemblance but the height is way off--5'4" vs 5'10".

I must have looked at that wrong. I thought they both said 5'4"....you're right.

The closest match that I could find to this UID based on the information given is James Gramling.

- he went missing in Augusta, Georgia on March 30th 1997
- he was 20 years old at the time (20-25)
- his height is listed between 5’5” and 6’0” (it’s safe to say they don’t actually know how tall he was) (vs 5’3”-5’4”)
- weight: 120 - 140 lbs (145-155)
- Dark brown/black hair
- brown eyes

Original

It’s just that I think he looks nothing like the recon... Is it possible the recon still shows the UID with significant bloating?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

No exclusions listed, and no updates.

Unidentified Remains: Monroe County, Hispanic Male U162209211

GBI indicates he had a dental bridge: "Upper central 3 teeth consists of bridge work, with partial plate."

This is a fairly common sports injury, from getting hit in the face with a puck, ball, knee, etc.

Namus still says Asian, GBI says Hispanic, and Doenetwork says white. White and Hispanic are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Mixed race? Filipino?

Unidentified Remains: Monroe County, Hispanic Male U162209211​

Case Info​

Date found: Wed, 09/09/1998 - 12:00
Race: Hispanic
Weight: 147
Height: 5ft 4.5in
Eyes: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Sex: Male
Birth Range: 1973 - 1978
Contact Info: Monroe County Sheriff's Office: 478-994-7043
Victim located in wooded area off Hwy 41 in Monroe County, Forsyth Georgia. Fingerprints and dental available. Upper central 3 teeth consists of bridge work, with partial plate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back