Ireland - Dublin - Abused child wandering street, Nov'13

mrsward

Former Member
Reaction score
The child was found in O'Connell Street about 10 days agoEmailIrish police fear a teenager found wandering the streets of Dublin may be the victim of sex trafficking after she drew them pictures of her apparently being raped.

Interpol has been called in to try and identify the girl, who could be as young as 14.She was found in a dazed state on O'Connell Street about 10 days ago and is yet to speak to officers

.http://news.sky.com/story/1157739/dublin-abused-child-found-wandering-streets

Poor lil gal, I hope LE brings in some very qualified persons to take their time getting her story from her. She sounds absolutely traumatized and terrified. :(

14 years old.. strange country and abused.. cant even begin to imagine

so she clearly doesn't speak English but surely they must be able to get some idea of her country of origin through other means

like show her a map and she will probably clue in to point to where she's from, then they can get a translator and go from there

I wonder if she escaped or if they let her go (I can't imagine why they would but one never knows)

she's lucky to be alive but it's going to take many years for her to heal, if ever

Is she not speaking because of a language barrier/physical incapacity or because she's traumatized? Between this and the little Unidentified girl in Greece I'm just floored. What is happening with this world??

ETA: answered my own question by actually reading the article ;)

From MrsWard's link:

"The girl is white, aged between 14 and 16 years, and is said to look eastern European and was dressed normally when found in daylight hours.

"We do not know who the child is because she has being unable to communicate with anybody," an unidentified source told PA.

"We have no child fitting her description reported to us in this country so we believe she came here from another country. Her welfare is our priority at the moment."

Wonder who this poor girl is?

so she clearly doesn't speak English but surely they must be able to get some idea of her country of origin through other means

like show her a map and she will probably clue in to point to where she's from, then they can get a translator and go from there

I wonder if she escaped or if they let her go (I can't imagine why they would but one never knows)

she's lucky to be alive but it's going to take many years for her to heal, if ever

I was thinking the same.. surely she can write her name . If shes drawing what happened she must be able to lead them somewhere.. unless shes so traumatised she just isnt capable and only has traumatic images .

O'Connell Street is Dublin's equivalent street to Oxford Road in London, or Broadway in New York. Very big, very busy, touristy and full of CCTV. If I wanted to get to somewhere where someone would spot me and get me help, that is one of the big places I'd think of. It's distinctive too - even if you're not able to read the signs you'd know it was the place with the big monuments.

There's Abbey Street tram station very close to it, which the Red line goes through. That route goes from the Docklands down to Saggart or Tallaght depending which you're on. The nearest train station I can think of is Tara Street, about 5 minutes walk away or Connelly which is 5-10 minutes. I wonder if she made her way to O'Connell Street deliberately?

Just horrible, but I am glad she was found and will get help. I wonder if she can't speak because she is so traumatized? I sincerely hope that more and more coverage of sex trafficking will end most of it in the near future (and any trafficking). Ugh.

I can't explain, but I am worried this child has been traumatized and abused over the course of a long period. I pray she has not spend years being trafficked or some such. We are seeing it so much more lately or maybe we are just more aware of the topic in general but seems like every day some new horror story erupts about people being found who have been forced into sexual servitude from a young age, many stuck there, enduring for years before escaping, some never do.

Little lady, you will be in my prayers

O'connell Street is pretty central, she could have come from anywhere to end up wandering around there.

A 7 year old child was found with a Roma family in Tallaght, could there be a trafficking ring around the area? There are trams from Tallaght to near O'Connell street.

http://news.sky.com/story/1164178/dublin-picture-of-girl-found-in-street-released

I posted about thos on spotlight cases last week.. a picture has now been released

girl found wandering who they fear may be the victim of sex trafficking.The girl, who could be as young as 14, was found in a dazed state in the Irish capital on October 10.Police fear she may be the victim of sex trafficking after she drew them pictures of herself apparently being raped.Interpol has been called in to try to identify the girl who may be from eastern Europe. She is yet to speak to officers.However, she has reportedly drawn several pictures, with one illustrating men around a bed handing over cash.The girl is described as 5ft 6ins tall, of slim build with long blonde hair. She was found wearing a purple hooded top, tight dark coloured jeans, flat black shoes and a grey woollen jumper.In a statement, police said a major investigation was underway into the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the girl.It has so far involved over 2000 man hours, and more than 115 lines of enquiry.

Poor girl :( Here's a screen shot from the above posted video. Not very clear pics unfortunately.
e4ejyry8.jpg

It says she has been identified and is from Australia.

Police have identified a woman who was found wandering the centre of Dublin nearly a month ago - just hours after releasing a photograph of her.

Officers said that with the assistance of the public they were now "following a definite line of enquiry" and were "liaising closely with the Australian Police and the Health Service Executive to finalise the matter".

The woman, who was thought to be as young as 14 and from eastern Europe, is now understood to be an Australian aged 19-20 who appears to have travelled voluntarily, according to Sky sources.

"Police no longer believe there was any criminal involvement in the case of the girl found on O'Connell Street," a source said.
---
http://news.sky.com/story/1164178/dublin-dazed-woman-found-in-street-identified

Thank u for above post ! I dont know why bit i was pretty shocked she was from australia. She doesnt look australian to me its made me think twice about unidentified people

I do wonder why she pretended not to speak english though..

Strange story. Maybe a case of mental illness?

she has braces and those aren't cheap but I wonder if she was formerly under the care of social services if the Australian gov't would've paid for them

it's still possible that she was severly traumatized and fled that situation

but we've seen a few of these cases recently where the young adults felt overwhelmed and they were IMO mentally ill

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back