799 users online (128 members and 671 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Sharon Chipman, 34, Spring Valley, 10 Oct 2013

Sharon Chipman, who is 34, has been missing for ten days now. She lives in Paradise Valley (San Diego suburb) but was last in Spring Valley (also nearby SD suburb).

I heard the chatter about her a few times on the scanner but now that it's finally in the media it can be posted.

Vaguely reminiscent of Linnea's disappearance.

If anyone has seen her contact the San Diego Sheriff's Department at (858) 565-5200 or San Diego police at (619) 531-2000.

http://www.10news.com/news/search-on...-valley-102013

"Sharon is not taking her prescribed medications and she needs to be evaluated and placed in a facility," police said without elaboration.

Chipman was described as white, 5 feet 7 and 145 pounds. Police said she has blonde hair and blue eyes, and rides a purple bicycle that was found Oct. 18 locked to a bike rack at the McDonald's restaurant near Sweetwater Road and Jamacha.

They found a female's body in Borrego Springs, which is also sort of east county but further north than Sharon's location.

They said the vehicle belonged to an at risk female.

She's the only one I've heard recently that they're considering at risk, but I don't think it could be her since everything has mentioned her using a bike.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I didn't hear anything about this on the local news. Have they located her yet?

"Dasilveira said it appears that Chipman was in Ocean Beach, where she grew up, over the weekend."

"Her father and brother, who flew into San Diego from Texas to look for Chipman, were handing out flyers in Ocean Beach on Saturday."
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...eds/all/?print

Body of women found in Borrego Springs
    Sheriff's: Death is believed to be a suicide

Oct. 23, 2013 Updated 11:12 a.m.

"The body was not that of Paradise Hills woman Sharon Chipman, 34, who has been missing almost two weeks and is in need of medication, sheriff’s Detective Michael Dasilveira said."

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...rrego-springs/

I know that area very well as it is not far from where I lived in San Diego. Unless they have really built it up in the last couple of years, there are so many places within walking distance from that Mc Donalds that are undeveloped and should be searched and if I recall the lighting on the roads is not very bright even when there is a lamp. Pretty dark at night especially. This is not a heavily or closely populated area. A lot of coyotes.

I hope she is okay.

"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large one either"~Albert Einstien~

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    Sharon Chipman, who is 34, has been missing for ten days now. She lives in Paradise Valley (San Diego suburb) but was last in Spring Valley (also nearby SD suburb).

I heard the chatter about her a few times on the scanner but now that it's finally in the media it can be posted.

Vaguely reminiscent of Linnea's disappearance.

If anyone has seen her contact the San Diego Sheriff's Department at (858) 565-5200 or San Diego police at (619) 531-2000.

http://www.10news.com/news/search-on...-valley-102013

in the comments it says she is more like 5'10" tall not the height stated in article and she is very erratic when off meds. Not dangerously just "flamboyant".

I am really surprised noone noticed her in or around the mcdonalds as this kind of behavior would draw attention to her. Its not like a bustling city area. People are a little more mellow and easy going IMO. Stop and smell the roses type.

"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large one either"~Albert Einstien~

It depends then if the people who claimed to have seen her in Ocean Beach were mistaken or really saw her. The father and brother are looking in OB. I hope they find her. There's all kinds of shifty characters out there looking to pounce on any weaknesses they spot.

"Her father and brother, who flew into San Diego from Texas to look for Chipman, were handing out flyers in Ocean Beach on Saturday."

I didn't know this. BBM

"She left behind a cryptic note that said, "Leaving everything behind, Jesus told me to," Shari's brother David Chipman, told East County Magazine.

She has been diagnosed as bipolar and schizophrenic. Her family is concerned for her safety."

more pics
    http://eastcountymagazine.org/taxonomy/term/22784

It also says the police had contact with her at Jack in the box in the same area as the mc donalds her bike was found at. Because she did not seem to be a danger to herself the police let her go only to find out later a missing report had been made. grr sdpd is very inconsistant when it comes to missing/endangered/kidnapping. Cases. I personally know of a few that they have messed up. I really hope this is not going to be one of them JMOO

Edit: I misread, apparently she had been missing since the 10th, the police had contact with her on the 11th but the grandmother had not filed a police report until the 12th. So apparently there had been no mess up on LE end after all...so far, this case.

The local tv news doesn't seem to be mentioning her enough. Actually, I still haven't seen anything about her on the news. She's been out there for two weeks.

At this time, Sharon probably isn't just wandering around on her own. I figure she must be meeting people on her adventure. She may have met someone and is staying at their house - someone who doesn't even know she's a missing person.

How much money did she take out of the ATM? She isn't making sound decisions right now. She needs her medication. This is the time to get the word out there more before she meets with foul play.

I really hope they find Sharon today.

Ugh. This is the first I'm hearing of this and I live in San Diego. GRRRRRR.

I hope she is found soon, the weather is turning and it's starting to get cooler. (It's all relative, of course, but if she's still out in East County it does get down to some pretty low temps)

See, lots of locals haven't heard about this missing woman! Just because she wrote that note doesn't mean she can be considered safely gone and forgotten. The longer she's missing, the more likely she could run into foul play. Weird how only certain missing people get reported by the news.

It sounds like Sharon is on the move and not still in the Spring Valley area.
    As I said, it depends on how reliable the witnesses are who saw her in Ocean Beach.

Wonder if they left her bike where they found it locked to the bike rack in SV. She might eventually try to go back for her bike.

I'm just trying to get the word out. I'm sure the family is frantic to find her.
    If you're local, please keep your eyes open for her.

Pulling info out for the public.

"Chipman also made a banking transaction in Spring Valley on Oct. 11. On October 18, a week later, her purple Magma mountain bike was spotted locked to a bike rack at a McDonald's near Sweetwater Road and Jamacha Blvd."
    http://eastcountymagazine.org/taxonomy/term/22784

BUT THERE'S ALSO THIS

"Dasilveira said it appears that Chipman was in Ocean Beach, where she grew up, over the weekend."

"Some fishermen called Dasilveira on Monday (I'm assuming on 10/21) and said they’re sure, from her photo, that they saw her on the pier late Saturday night. Other locals told the detective they believe they saw her in the same area on Sunday."

I could have sworn I posted here last night, but the computer went hinkydink...
    I was going to ask where she grew up and I see up there^ it was Ocean Beach...I was wondering if she was trying to go back in time, you know, back to where she was 'free' for lack of a better word. Something in her mind is taking her to a certain place/time probably...maybe?
    I wonder if she rode a bus out there?

I also wonder how long she had been at that group home and where she lived previously.

is her flyer posted on any of the news sites out there?
    Can't tell how active her fb was, but would be good if there was a way a family member could get on it and have her flyer posted, in case her 'friends' on there don't know she is missing. Or can family get FB to do it? Someone?
    No idea how to suggest that to her family.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast