Resolved Ireland - Blonde girl, 7, removed from Dublin Roma family, 22 Oct 2013

mrsward

Former Member
Reaction score
Ireland: Blonde Roma Girl Taken Into Care

A child aged around seven is being cared for by Irish authorities after police raided a Roma camp near Dublin following a tip off.

lA blonde girl thought to be aged around seven and living with a Roma family in Ireland has been taken into care, Sky Sources have revealed.Police are understood to have swooped on the family after a tip off from a member of the public on Monday.Concerns were raised after the member of the public saw the blonde girl being looked after by the Roma family living in the Dublin area.

Here is another article about the second blonde girl found in Ireland.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/girl-taken-from-roma-family-in-dublin-610901.html

It is understood that officers spent several hours at the property yesterday as they waited for documents to be produced.

A birth certificate was deemed to be inconclusive and a passport bore a picture of a baby and could not be matched to the seven-year-old.

The parents claimed that the girl was born in the Coombe Hospital in Dublin, but when gardaí contacted medical staff they had no record of a child with the family name being born on the date the parents claimed.

Blonde girl, 7, removed from Dublin Roma family
Roma couple charged with abduction
Police in the Republic of Ireland have removed a seven-year-old blonde girl from a Roma family in Dublin.

The paper reported that although the couple claimed the child was born in the Coombe hospital in Dublin in 2006, the hospital had no record of the child being born on the date quoted by the parents.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24626422

Here is another article about the second blonde girl found in Ireland.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/girl-taken-from-roma-family-in-dublin-610901.html

It is understood that officers spent several hours at the property yesterday as they waited for documents to be produced.

A birth certificate was deemed to be inconclusive and a passport bore a picture of a baby and could not be matched to the seven-year-old.

The parents claimed that the girl was born in the Coombe Hospital in Dublin, but when gardaí contacted medical staff they had no record of a child with the family name being born on the date the parents claimed.

I started a thread for this little girl... UK Blonde girl, 7, removed from Dublin Roma family - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Well, to find a blonde girl in an Irish gypsy family isn't strange in itself. It's all the other facts that is making it suspicious.

In Norway we have gypsies who's been here for 100 years+ and some of them look just like me. However, the ones coming now looks just like Maria's "parents."

Tommy-Kristiansen.jpg

The guy above is a gypsy playing in our national hockey league. Just this past weekend he left the rink before third half because of racism. He's not the best example in "blondeness" but he's the most recent who came to my mind - he doesn't look like the stereotypical gypsy.

You should probably edit the thread title - the case has nothing to do with the UK, that's a bit misleading.

It wouldn't surprise me if this child turned out to be an extended family member or someone else from within the Roma community. A blonde child among gypsies in Ireland isn't all that unusual.

You should probably edit the thread title - the case has nothing to do with the UK, that's a bit misleading.

It wouldn't surprise me if this child turned out to be an extended family member or someone else from within the Roma community. A blonde child among gypsies in Ireland isn't all that unusual.

But there weren't that many Roma in Ireland until very recent times. So the Roma in Ireland today are very recent immigrants from Eastern Europe, and still look dark, unlike the UK ones who mixed with natives and often look lighter than their original Indian heritage. These Roma probably came to Ireland only within the last couple of years.

Yes, Dublin is in the Republic of Ireland - people often get confused due to Northern Ireland being part of the UK. Easy mistake to make :)

Thanks! I changed it to Ireland. I wasn't even thinking.

Well, to find a blonde girl in an Irish gypsy family isn't strange in itself. It's all the other facts that is making it suspicious.

In Norway we have gypsies who's been here for 100 years+ and some of them look just like me. However, the ones coming now looks just like Maria's "parents."

Tommy-Kristiansen.jpg

The guy above is a gypsy playing in our national hockey league. Just this past weekend he left the rink before third half because of racism. He's not the best example in "blondeness" but he's the most recent who came to my mind - he doesn't look like the stereotypical gypsy.

I hear ya..
Might i add what a handsome looking chap he is

In regards to the Irish girl and in other travelling families, not having correct documentation must be common? From the impression I get in the UK is that a lot of children don't go to school and aren't registered with doctors, they travel around a lot and so how many children are born at home and not registered?

I worry that Maria is a child born to an exploited woman and that the biological mother won't be found. Also, if there are a lot of children who are in her position, will they be hidden away whilst the media is focussing on the roma communities? Surely raids must be happening on other camps?

I think Maria looks a lot like the mother of Nikola Siezcka but this girl is too old to be her. I also think that Maria's hair was dyed brown to make her "fit in" and it has grown out.

It would be incredible if she is a missed child, or in fact if this sparks off the retrieval of other missing children.

Came here to post a link, Lol, and you're all way ahead of me! I just heard the news on the radio and thought it was breaking.....

There was investigation in the Irish case, and there was no record found of the child's birth in the time and place they said she was born. That's why she was taken into care, not just because she didn't look like the alleged parents.

The HSE can keep the child for up to a month while the Gardai investigate, after that they have to make a decision about custody. The parents have no grounds for a law suit.

There's been no pictures posted of her yet because no DNA tests have been done. She could yet turn out to be exactly who the family says she is, so unless they find otherwise they're not going to release her picture to the press.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back