Found Deceased GA - Anita Bergner, 34, Warner Robins, 8 Oct 2013

Backwoods

Reaction score
Woman found dead in Warner Robins home had been reported missing

The woman whose badly decomposed body was found Thursday night in a vacant house at 324 Curtis St. had been reported missing more than a week earlier. ...

...Anita Marie Bergner, 34, of Warner Robins, was reported missing Oct. 8. Tuesday, police identified the remains as Bergner’s.

Her death was ruled a homicide. ...

...Anyone with information is asked to call Warner Robins police detective Shane Mann at 302-5381. Information also may be given anonymously through TipSubmit by texting the tip to CRIMES (274637) and include the keyword WRPD in the text. Tipsters also may call Macon Regional CrimeStoppers at 742-2330 or 877-68-CRIME.

read more at: http://www.macon.com/2013/10/22/273...ound-dead.html#storylink=omni_popular#wgt=pop

Two unsolved slayings in Warner Robins among 2013 homicides

Mother wants to know how daughter ended up dead in vacant Warner Robins home

...Betty Day knew something was up when her daughter didn’t call to wish her a happy birthday in September.

Their birthdays were a month apart, and her daughter, Anita Bergner, would always call and tease her mom about how old she was, recalled the 50-year-old Day by telephone from her mobile home in Lake Village, Ind. Pregnant at 16, Day had worked all sorts of jobs as a single mom to provide for Bergner and another daughter.

Day’s sister, Charlotte Wade, also had not been able to reach Bergner. And police had not been able to find the Warner Robins woman since a missing person’s report was filed Oct. 8.

So when Day’s brother-in-law Doug Wade knocked on her door 10 days after the missing person’s report was filed, he didn’t have to say a word.

She read his eyes.

“In my heart, I knew,” Day said as her voice broke. “But the 18th of October at 3 o’clock is the day my life stopped.”

It was the day and the hour her brother-in-law broke the news that Bergner’s badly decomposed body had been found in a vacant house on Curtis Street in Warner Robins.

Her body was discovered on the day that would have marked Bergner’s 34th birthday. That bothered Day so much that she said she listed Bergner’s date of death in her obituary as Oct. 5.

Police have released few details, including how Bergner was killed and whether detectives have any theories behind the slaying. An anonymous tip led police to her body, said Tabitha Clark, public information officer for Warner Robins police.

Houston County Coroner Danny Galpin estimated Bergner had been dead about two weeks based on the condition of the body and the last time Bergner was seen alive. Galpin said he had not received the GBI autopsy report, which he expects has not been completed. ...
more at: http://www.macon.com/2014/02/03/2913426/two-unsolved-slayings-in-warner.html

Still no suspects in this case. They tore down the house where she was found last week.

Just terrible! Her family is so hurt by this and they need justice.

I think this thread, in "Information and Support", is supposed to be a no-discussion thread. Since there seems to be some interest in discussing, I am going to ask a mod to move this to the Missing - Located section, where discussion is allowed.

If that doesn't happen, I will open a new thread in that section for her.

ETA: Some nice mod did make the move for us (thanks, nice mod!!) -- so discussion is allowed now.

How terribly sad!

Is there truly no indication at all of what they're thinking POI wise? Anyone local know any scuttlebutt on it?

I also wondered if this was an area for vagrants and if anybody has said if she had gone missing in the past.

I always pay attention to GA cases, since I live here and all...

I've not had a chance to delve into publicly-available information on Anita beyond a simple google search, but it appears the poor woman didn't have an easy go at life. Bad car crash, sister dead at age 10, daughter of a teenage mom... no telling who or what she got caught up in at the end. A google street view shows that Curtis St is a far cry from a hospitable place.

Anyone know if autopsy results released? COD?

I always pay attention to GA cases, since I live here and all...

I've not had a chance to delve into publicly-available information on Anita beyond a simple google search, but it appears the poor woman didn't have an easy go at life. Bad car crash, sister dead at age 10, daughter of a teenage mom... no telling who or what she got caught up in at the end. A google street view shows that Curtis St is a far cry from a hospitable place.

Anyone know if autopsy results released? COD?

bbm: I haven't seen any reports of any results/COD.

To my knowledge no cause of death has been made public. The street that the house was on is bad part of town lots of abandoned homes etc.

I knew Anita personally for many years. I knew her struggles and turmoils. I hope she found the peace in heaven she never found on earth.

Kayio1983, I am sorry for the loss of your friend Anita. :hug:

:welcome5:

I hope you stick around, there are lots of good people here. :daisy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member