1118 users online (261 members and 857 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Skakel to judges: 'I didn't commit this crime'

Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel on Tuesday again insisted on his innocence in a 1975 Greenwich killing, as he pleaded with a three-judge panel to reduce his 20-years-to-life prison sentence.

Skakel's lawyer, Hubert Santos, argued in Middletown Superior Court that the sentence Skakel received after his 2002 murder conviction in the beating death of Martha Moxley when the two were teen neighbors in wealthy the Greenwich enclave of Belle Haven was excessive. Santos repeated his claim, which has been rejected by other state courts, that Skakel should have been tried in juvenile court, where the maximum sentence for a murder conviction would have been four years.

"Give me a polygraph," Skakel told the judges. "I've passed three sodium pentathol tests. I don't know what else to say."

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/S...2866.phpcousin

Arrow

Michael's arguments sound hollow now just as they did back in 2002 at his trial. Some people are just a waste of skin.

Mrs. Moxley and her son John have suffered way too much at the hands of this man. Enough already, enough.

Skakel got himself arrested because he couldn't keep his mouth shut. He was worried about DNA showing up with the new investigation, so he came up with his tale of masturbating in the tree. Yeah, that was why Skakel's body fluids would have been found on Martha. I love that the Skakel family themselves helped bring Martha Moxley's murderer to justice.

He received a very light sentence for what he did. Shame, he couldn't have been sentenced to more time considering the brutal attack that Martha suffered.

Prayers for her family.

jmo

Dorthy Moxley was interviewed on Nancy Grace tonight. The episode will repeat at 9pm central time tonight.

Kennedy cousin denied parole over his 20-year sentence for 'beating
    his teenage brother's girlfriend to death with a golf club'
    (Daily Mail)
    ---
    A three-judge panel rejected Skakel's request in a decision released Monday.

The panel quoted the sentencing court calling the crime serious, the effect on the victim and her family 'supreme' and saying Skakel has been living a lie for 25 years.
    ---
    the rest at link above

It is amazing that justice was finally served in this case at all. As we see with the Doug Kennedy thread in the PL, the Kennedy machine is really impressive.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

When the 20-year minimum is up, will Skakel have to confess to the crime and show remorse to be paroled? Does anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    When the 20-year minimum is up, will Skakel have to confess to the crime and show remorse to be paroled? Does anybody know?
    I hope so...they do on TV.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I doubt it, but one can only hope.
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    It is amazing that justice was finally served in this case at all. As we see with the Doug Kennedy thread in the PL, the Kennedy machine is really impressive.
    But no where near as impressive as the Bush machine. No. where. near.

Just watch. Skakel will now try to appeal to the Supreme Court, as Phil Spector did. And as in the Spector case, the Supreme Court will decline to hear Skakel's case.

I have researched this case and the evidence against Skakel is overwhelming. This guy is a sociopath and a waste of air.

If it weren't for the Kennedy connection he'd have been sentenced to life.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

Murdering Kennedy cousin could be released from jail in March, as parole hearing is scheduled for October

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz27SKgCkPX
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I guess I don't really get this terrible mans relationship to the Kennedys? He keeps being called Kennedy cousin. Who is he?

I believe he is Ethel Kennedy's nephew.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast